Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1234245 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.3 ϟ]
« Reply #435 on: April 19, 2010, 08:42:35 pm »

swimming poo
Yikes, and I thought Carp were unpleasant.
Oh man, this is gold.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 19, 2010, 09:47:10 pm »

Is combat stabbing weirdness fixed yet?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 20, 2010, 05:26:54 pm »

aren't Dark Dwarfs supposed to be hostile? Or are they friendly to there more, Top-side selfs?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #438 on: April 20, 2010, 06:04:09 pm »

So playing this!

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 20, 2010, 06:50:02 pm »

1. The Crematorium: Awesome for flavor and a fix for what I understand was/is a bug with corpses not going away. I put mine into use for the first time when a large rat ran into a stockpile and started guzzling booze. After some dwarves wrassled it to death I burned its corpse along with some vermin a cat killed. No worries worked fine. I set it to repeat burn all corpses and forgot about it. Now some ghouls came along and after they got wrassled to death (finally got weapons made so no more wrassling from now on) I found I couldn't burn them in the crematorium. When I go to add a task there's just nothing there. It's blank. No possible tasks at the crematorium. I deconstructed it and built a new one in the same spot but the same issue persists. Nothing I can do at the crematorium. Any idea what's going on here?

As far as I could find, all corpseparts act as one entity. The furthest I got to getting bodies to burn, they also grabbed bones and shells...
Odd that it still burned the giant rat..

I'm sure Deon could figure it our as I'm still new to this.

Also, Deon... Great work, I don't know how the hell you manage all this with your schooling and everything.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:52:12 pm by Lazureus »
Current modding project:Tyranids 2010
Past modding projects:
DF2010: Crematorium
40d: ‼TYRANIDS‼
Quote from: Dark Pegasus
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 20, 2010, 07:39:29 pm »

How's the military in this mod?

Is it plagued by the current military bugs in vanilla DF?

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 20, 2010, 09:17:03 pm »

Yes it is.  Mods don't change the way the game behaves, just the content.
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 20, 2010, 11:59:18 pm »

aren't Dark Dwarfs supposed to be hostile? Or are they friendly to there more, Top-side selfs?
They have the same entity style as antmen, frogmen, bat men etc. Did you encounter them with your adventurer? Adventurers are friendly to subterranean races and goblin towers.

Is combat stabbing weirdness fixed yet?
Do you mean stabbing with swords which cut things? I think it's partially fixed, because I removed stabbing attacks from two-handed swords and bigger axes. It's qutie sad though, because I would like to be able to stab someone with my claymore :P. But it's better to leave the things as in vanilla for now...

You see, the problem is that in vanilla, stabbing attacks has lesser penetration than slashing, so when you slash with your swords its goes deeper than if you stab. It's obviously an error, but if you "fix" it by making the stabbing to go deeper, the stabbing becomes more often than slashing. That's how Toady's code works. So the "fix" brought another weirdness :).

How's the military in this mod?
The same as in vanilla. I mean, there's nothing we can do about it yet.

Great work, I don't know how the hell you manage all this with your schooling and everything.
Thank you. Probably I have a bit broken priorities in my life so I consider myself to owe my time to the community like ours sometimes more than to my family/work because I am having a great fun here :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 21, 2010, 12:02:39 am »

Hey Deon, whats the latest news?
The forums are slow and I need something to do while I test out some new civilizations. Its already Autumn and my dwarfs have done nothing but eat, drink and wait for waspmen to come and kill them all, starting to think I did it wrong and there not going to come, but enough about my troubles...

Any planned developments?

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 21, 2010, 07:12:04 am »

In Fortress mode, after the discovery, three trolls found me and made there way into my airlock and got inside (somhow)
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 22, 2010, 03:53:38 am »

Hey Deon, what do you think of making a sort of stationary animal, maybe like a mushroom thing that spews clouds of spores if you come too close? I don't think that'll be too hard, and it could be very weak so that the real trouble is killing it without getting too close (throwing a rock/shooting an arrow/etc.)?

Doomspore Mushrooms. That sounds cool.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 22, 2010, 04:26:06 am »

Hey Deon, what do you think of making a sort of stationary animal, maybe like a mushroom thing that spews clouds of spores if you come too close? I don't think that'll be too hard, and it could be very weak so that the real trouble is killing it without getting too close (throwing a rock/shooting an arrow/etc.)?

Doomspore Mushrooms. That sounds cool.

Oh god, NO NOT ATTACK THE SLEEP SPROUT! Sorry, bad memorys...Never mind.
If it didn't move, then when it spawned on the edge of the map it would just sit there, and then your stuck with deadly mushrooms then never move out of the way for other creatures.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 22, 2010, 04:27:29 am »

Darn. I would like to have mushrooms that spout evil clouds of spores to kill people.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 22, 2010, 10:14:26 am »

Immobile animals still move - they're just incredibly slow. I don't see why the mushroom wouldn't work.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 22, 2010, 06:44:48 pm »

Hey, if they move, that's even better! Mebbe they can be mushroom-animals that move only when threatened/hungry, like a sea anemone. :D
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 642