Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What level of fantasy elements should the game include?

None at all. Just humans doing human stuff.
Some fantastical creatures, but just humans.
Fantastical creatures, wizards, the whole nine yards.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: TRIBES 2 - A Whole New World - YEAR EIGHT RESULTS UP  (Read 11668 times)

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TRIBES 2 - A Whole New World - YEAR SIX RESULTS UP
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2010, 06:43:47 am »

I never have to worry about food again? Sweet!
1. Attempt to develop a sort of wagon for horses
2. Improve spear using on horseback (come on guys you just hold out your spear and run it through things jeez)
3. Improve architecture techniques
4. Try to find some poison for the tips of our spears
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2010, 07:42:22 am »

Relishing in the beauty of a successful hunt, the traditional week of celebration is marked by much joy and happiness. The highest standing elders at the time unite and agree that it is time for the tribe to make an increased effort towards the fishing, particularly of whales. All tribes are informed that for the next three years, there shall be an increased focus on whale hunting, much to the dismay of the coastal tribe who were hoping for woodland berries or hillside grapes, but nevertheless, there is joy in the tribal unity.

The woodland tribes decide to go out of their way to find small and sturdy trees with suitable wood for harpoons, so they might continuously make them year round for the benefit of the whale hunters.

The upland tribe, having only met failures in their endeavours so far, take the remnants of the young whale after it has been scoured for all known resources and decide to try to make an antidote from it. If they were to find one, it would perhaps be possible to use the poison to assist in hunting for whales and even if that were not possible, it would still be safer to make and use the poison on a daily basis.

The coastal tribes, having met great success in their whale hunting, continue. Wary of sharks, they take their small boats out onto the sea and, if at all possible, any harpoons the woodland tribes make in time. With their skill, their valour and their knowledge of the sea, they seek out the whales, with the intent of an honourable and fruitful hunt.

1: Have the woodland tribe find the sturdiest wood to use for the making of harpoons
2: The coastal tribes will use the harpoons and small boats to go whale hunting!
3: The upland tribes will use the young whale remnants to make an antidote to the poison discovered earlier, to permit better and more careful use of the poison.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2010, 08:19:41 am »

I never have to worry about food again? Sweet!
1. Attempt to develop a sort of wagon for horses
2. Improve spear using on horseback (come on guys you just hold out your spear and run it through things jeez)
3. Improve architecture techniques
4. Try to find some poison for the tips of our spears
Do you know something called... ahem... a stirrup?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2010, 12:07:27 pm »

Gerjborn, Year 7

The previous year was quite uneventful. The new have replaced the old, and hopefully their young minds can conquer the task of ropesmanship.

Goals-
>Plant farms and store food.

>Research good rope-making to the point that a rope can lift a medium sized log.

>Research bowmanship

>Look into better farming techniques (crop rotation, irrigation, etc)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2010, 12:46:13 pm »

Xio'vi Year 7

GOals
- Tru to remove as much as possible vines,bushes around the village to expand it
-Make new tents out of mud,branches and leaves
-Train in pole fighting (pick up a stick and fight)
-Find some more animals
-Butcher fex exotic birds for meat,bones.fat and skin

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2010, 04:35:29 pm »

Hesperida

1) Breed the mules for endurance (to allow them to work in the fields longer, or carry people long distances).
2) Gather food, using crossbows during the hunting season.
3) Work on using the leather from any culled mules to make clothing.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2010, 09:10:08 pm »

One too many goals for the Xio'vi there, Jetsquirrel.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2010, 11:59:07 am »

oh the remove -find some more animals

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2010, 07:56:43 am »

Sorry it's taken a while, thought I'd give Haika a little more time. I'll post some results later today, most likely. Looks like the dready lethargy disease will rear it's ugly head again.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TRIBES 2 - A Whole New World - YEAR SEVEN RESULTS UP
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2010, 09:11:08 am »

Here is year seven. I added a "Known Tribes" section to keep track of who has found who. Thanks for the patience with this turn, I tried to wait to get all players to respond. Next due date is next Wednesday night, May 5.

Spoiler: Tribe: Na'ilah (Haika) (click to show/hide)

**edit: removed extra spacing**

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2010, 09:15:42 am »

Taer Nymandis, year 8
1. Grow tubers, attempt to breed best ones
2. Develop mining into the limestone pillars
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2010, 11:12:05 am »

Frihkann 8

1. Farm. Look for more productive seeds, and attempt to utilize the river if possible. It seems that my rolls are not great in this department.
2. Fish. We need Improvements in this department to protect those on the sea from the wrath of the king.
3. Now we have seen the other tribe, it looks it is good time for a seaworthy sailboat with a large hold.
4. If able, try to utilize traders as spies on the Cyprinus. At least, map a working route that can be frequented by traders, not explorers.

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2010, 01:09:34 pm »

This changes everything!

Well, okay, it only changes a very small portion of my plans.

Actually, it changes absolutely nothing, according to my back-up plans.

With the knowledge that other tribes have made it across the sea before us, there is much discontent amongst the tribes. They all believed themselves to be the chosen to sail the seas first. However, the elders of each tribe manage to produce some measure of calm by arguing that they will be the true masters of the sea one day, just not this day. For evidence of this, the elders indicate the growing knowledge of whale use and hunting combined, which they are certain the Frikhann do not have.

In that sense, the highland tribes, unsuccessful in their food endeavours, decide to search for the sharpest (and prettiest) rocks to be used for harpooning. Given that producing harpoons was not considered difficult, adding rocks to it should easily lead to an improvement of sharpened harpoons that could actually pierce whale flesh.

To better improve the boating techniques of the Cyprinus tribes, one of the coastal tribes decides to attempt to offer their knowledge on fishing nets in exchange for knowledge on sails, to the Frikhann tradesmen. As an alternative, the tribe was willing to offer seaweed, but they would not be willing to offer both fishing nets and seaweed for sails they could develop themselves.

Finally, whale hunting was deemed to be the most important food source of the Cyprinus tribes. Men go out whaling to compete for the love of the greatest women of the Cyprinus tribes and for the honour of being the greatest hunter and fisherman, all in one.

1: Offer either knowledge on fishing nets or seaweed for knowledge on sails from Frikhann tradesmen.
2: Have the highland tribe find the sharpest rocks to use in improving wooden harpoons
3: Use improved harpoons and small boats to go whale hunting!

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2010, 01:42:27 pm »

Harpoons. That's no good.

I'm not going to let go of my naval dominance for... something like +1 to food. nets, seaweeds, AND Virility spices.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2010, 02:17:14 pm »

Xio'Vi year 7 actions

-Capture rare Bird
-Tame Rare Bird and if its big enough try to ride it
-Make farms and tryto grow some fast growing plant which is eatable
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12