Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What level of fantasy elements should the game include?

None at all. Just humans doing human stuff.
Some fantastical creatures, but just humans.
Fantastical creatures, wizards, the whole nine yards.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: TRIBES 2 - A Whole New World - YEAR EIGHT RESULTS UP  (Read 11672 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TRIBES 2 - A Whole New World - YEAR FOUR RESULTS UP
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2010, 10:26:47 pm »

Na'ilah Year 5

<flavor to be added later>

1. Declare a time of rest for the crafters, and hold a great fair with many camel races and breeding contests(both camel and human -.^) at the fall festival.
2. Send out mounted survey parties to look for useable resources(oasis, desert caves, particularly interesting plants or animals).
3. Attempt to create camel hair rope

edit: it's year 5 not year 4 goals, oopsy. :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 01:42:13 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2010, 12:44:59 am »

Oh sry i thought this died

Year 4

-Learn about the creatures lurking in the forest
-Hunt with the blow darts and pioson
-gather herbs and bring them to the shaman and let him make some brew
-Set up a Blow Dart range with a dead animal or a piece of wood as target

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2010, 08:24:14 am »

how optimistic.

Goals-
>Plant farms and store food.
>Research good rope-making
>Research bowmanship
>Make babies!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2010, 09:59:25 am »

The Cyprinus Tribes, Year 5

A creature of such beauty, grace and size. Its strength could not be denied, neither could its importance. This animal might come to consume several years of the Tribes' efforts. To honour the bravery of a whale that the young man, Ruud, displayed when he slaughtered the whale, he is wedded to the smartest and most beautiful woman of all the tribes, Maika. She, in turn, is honoured to be wedded to the greatest man of the Cyprinus (for that year anyhow...). Two necklace made out of the same piece of whale bone is offered as a gift to the couple, to keep them bonded for all eternity. The children of Maika and Rudd Cyprinia shall be the greatest of hunters, the most skilled and the desire of all, Cyprinus or otherwise. There is also talk that perhaps Ruud shall be a great leader of his own tribe someday, but such talk will remain a rumour for many years to come.

The elders decide that all the tribes shall come together, even those inland, to make the most out of the whale. There is much to be gained from it, moreso than from any other nautical creature, and without all the tribes together, it would rot away and go to waste. Rather than let that happen, they shall feast upon it, using its hard bones to create new fishing tools for the future and possibly implements to deal with the landslides on the hills. Attempts are made to make a rope-like product out of its dried entrails, which can be formed into a net. The blubber, or fat, of the whale could either be eaten or possibly used for other means. It certaintly is unlike most other types of fat encountered in the ocean and to eat it seems almost saddening, so attempts are made to use it for other, more useful and longterm, purposes.

There is much talk amongst the elders that perhaps they should make a sacrifice to the ocean, that they might come to such great fortune again, but this is hotly debated, as some elders believe that no sacrifice is necessary - only the bravery, courage and skill of the Cyprinus Tribes! Others, naturally, attempt to insist on some sort of sacrifice to the ocean. The final result is that some people choose to make token sacrifices to the ocean, whilst others continue to rely on the skill of their fellow tribesmen. Though it is a whale of an issue, the tribes set it aside.

Goals:
1: Make tools out of Whale bone - Fishing rods and parts for clothing.
2: Make rope/fishing nets using Whale entrails - Will help to catch smaller fish. May have other uses.
3: Find novel uses for Whale oil - Might be used for lighting, soap, food and textile processing. Or just turning Whale -> !!Whale!!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2010, 06:45:07 pm »

The Hesperida found the river and the Na'ilah to be sources of plentiful food. Too much food, in fact. Meat was rotting as it went uneaten, grain was destroyed from the elements as it sat, waiting to be eaten. Something had to be done.
The Hesperida decided to dig underground, hoping that the goddess Issa will protect the food as she does the crop.
Since there were no deaths this year, the elders decide that now is a fortuitous time to try to build the crossbows again. They pray to Acci as they glue together the parts.

1)Gather, hunt, trade, and fish for food.
2)Build a root cellar to store food.
3)Assemble the crossbows using glue.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2010, 11:51:45 am »

(OOC: That's a string of bad rolls.)
The Lighting has brought strong consequences within the populace, as the King was seen trembling. This suggested that there might be a greater god than our God-king himself. A prominent sub-culture develops, as they believe that the wind and thunder has been the manifestation of another supernatural force. This break from official ideology leads to day-long furious debates, which often devolves into fist-fights. A compromise situation has been reached, though without difficulty; The Order of the Storm, that is the new adherents, will be banished from the land in the day. There will be no problem at night since the sun has already set, so the problem of authority will not be invoked. They are also not allowed to build any religious structures on land, in return of non-intervention in the seas.

Moves:

1. Use the sailboats to fish.
2. The Order of the Storm people will continue to perfect shipbuilding. They are in need of a stronger platform on the sea to live on, so to circumvent a holy war.
3. The land-men also need some independence from the sea, and they have to perfect farming.
4. Resume the foray in pearl-crafting, as the king is obviously scared from the fight and need to indulge himself in luxuries.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2010, 02:30:02 pm »

*reminder nudge*

and yes I know you have until the 1st, but I was quite enjoying this game, even if I've missed the RP stuff from time to time.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2010, 02:58:44 pm »

Well it works out both ways for me, you play, you kill each other i jump in, you don't play the GM kills you i jump in, it's a win/win situation :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2010, 03:43:25 pm »

It seems like the lethargy disease may be spreading around to another tribe this turn... we'll see.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2010, 05:55:31 pm »

That should be some kind of amnesia :p

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2010, 08:46:06 pm »

No. My tribe will not get a frickin' sleeping sickness!
1. Keep farming
2. Keep breeding horses, especially the smarter more trainable ones
3. Build a granary out of the wood from the fallen trees
4. Master using the spears we made
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2010, 10:10:57 pm »

Great. I'll have some results posted by tomorrow evening.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TRIBES 2 - A Whole New World - YEAR FIVE RESULTS UP
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2010, 06:02:19 pm »

Here is Year Five. Remember everyone, if you don't put an action to food, you're going to lose some children to famine. Basically, I just use whatever food bonus you have as your food roll. So, if you have +4 or more, you'll either stay the same or gain a few children. Anything less and you'll be losing some. So keep that in mind.

Next due date is the evening of Wednesday, April 7.

On a side note, we're five turns into the game, so feel free to give me any feedback you have so far. I think the rules have evolved pretty nicely, and we're getting some unique tribes. Crafts perhaps have less value than they could, and we haven't had a battle yet, so those areas are ones I need to think about and work on. Let me know what you think when you post your next turn.

Without further ado:

Spoiler: Tribe: Na'ilah (Haika) (click to show/hide)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2010, 06:58:25 pm »

Gerjborn, Year 6

Well, progress is being made. We will stick to our chosen path until its end. Numerous hardships have plagued our past, but we never stop. We are Gerjborn and shall always try.

Goals-
>Plant farms and store food.

>Research good rope-making to the point that a rope can lift a medium sized log.

>Research bowmanship

>Look into better farming techniques (crop rotation, irrigation, etc)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:32:09 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TRIBES 2 - A Whole New World - YEAR FIVE RESULTS UP
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2010, 07:14:55 pm »

hrm, ok then.

Na'ilah Year 6

- Build a Dairy works, to process and create food from camel milk.
- Attempt to create lassos from the ropes.
- Explore the caves
(- stop slacking on RP >.> )
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12