Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: High adventure on the Inner Planes: Level Up  (Read 16516 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: High adventure on the Inner Planes [DnD 3.5]
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 12:24:10 am »

Please elaborate on how Synric works.

It is basically a chatroom. You don't have to sign up for anything, just stick in a name and the room then press "login". It allows a person to sign on as multiple names at once, which is uesful, but it is otherwise not good.

I am using it because A) PBP does not work well for DnD and B) I am not familiar enough with virtual tabletop or similar programs to run a game on it. If you have a good idea, I'd like to hear it as playing DnD over irc is not the greatest way to do it.

Ok I am not a very good writer but I made a small back story for Urten. Also I changed his feats to fit better (coff more powers coff).

-snip-

Background is better than advertised. Welcome aboard!. Remember that you have to PM me a copy or link for whatever splatbooks and suplements you're using. My copy of Liber Mortis is 128 miles away right now!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 01:28:51 am by Grek »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 01:20:45 am »

I shall find a good source for a Libris Mortis PDF but in the mean time the feats I got from it.

Spoiler: Mother cyst Feat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Awareness 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic cyst 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic scrying 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Bloat 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Domination 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Bust 5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Eruption 6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Tumor 7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Empowerment 8 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Terminaion 9 (click to show/hide)

As you can see they are quite overpowered, but I do have to touch whoever want to put a cyst in.

Also sorry if my grammar/sense is bad I am a bit over tired.

Damn, it is hard to find a good place for PDFs any one got any idea where i could find such a place? Eh if not i can just type the rules in but I am basically lazy at this time of day.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 01:57:22 am by Criptfeind »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2010, 02:25:56 am »

@Evil Alignment: Assuming nobody wants to play a paladin, it shouldn't matter. I am planning to use the "Crawling Darkness" and "A Worthy Opponent" writeups for Negative Energy and Evil respectively. Basically, using Negative Energy makes you evil and being evil makes you act like skeletor.

@Refugee Background: Depends. You can't have "Refugee from The War", unless you've been living somewhere else for a while now. You could also just make up a background, like so:

Run Out of Town
For whatever reason, you used to live somewhere and then you were chased out because the townspeople did not approve of something you did. Maybe you were a heathen, or maybe you performed experiments that were not strictly ethical. Either way, you are not welcome back and you
Effects: You may treat one knowledge of choice as a class skill and begin play knowing one additional language. This language need not be an available bonus language for her race. You are considered a persona non gratia to some organization, and they might try to screw you over if you run into them.

@Feats: Stiched Flesh Familiar is fine, just be sure to take the required three spells known from the necromancy school at character creation. Mother Cyst feat is allowed, on the proviso that you can locate the stat blocks for the spells and you qualify for the feat. Necrotic Empowerment will need to be suitibly nerfed, as +8 to 3 stats is too much. The rest is fine, assuming the save or die spells have the same DC as other save or die spells of their level.

I do not know where you could obtain a copy of Liber Mortis online for free legally and would be highly disappointed if you did so illegally. I would recomend just typing it out, ditching the feat, or having me write you up a feat that does the same thing.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2010, 12:35:50 pm »

Thanks for the info.  I finished my character also.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

His village was pillaged  at an early age.  He incorporated himself into society later on.  He is an opportunist, He thinks about here and now and thinks about consequences when they occur.  He tries to be resourceful, and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2010, 12:40:12 pm »

You are already proving to be a better DM than my last one.

Here are the spells:

Spoiler: Necrotic Awareness (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic cyst (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic scrying (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic bloat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Domination (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Burst (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Empowerment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic tumor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Eruption (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necrotic Termintion (click to show/hide)

I cut out the flavor text on most of them, if you want I can put it back in.

Spoiler: Vile damage (click to show/hide)

Also do you mind me being evil MrRoboto?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 08:45:43 pm by Criptfeind »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 05:49:09 pm »

Make whatever character you want, that looks interesting.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 06:41:12 pm »

Time to pick my spells. I get 5 so I think I will go for:

Sobering Skeletal Stillness
Color spray
Mage Armor
Identify

From Complete arcane if they are allowed:

There is also Fire, acid, cold, and sonic (but sonic only does 1d6) if anyone thinks I would be better off with some other orb.

Make whatever character you want, that looks interesting.
Ok thanks. I would not want to inconvenience anyone by making a evil char. (So if any of you that have not signed in want to play a good char I will change my guy. Just letting you know.)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2010, 07:27:47 pm »

I could probably come up with something, but if it's all right I'll come up with a backstory as I go. I have a basic idea involving a genie and some elk, but I'd like to get a better idea of how this world works before I finalize anything.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2010, 08:27:02 pm »

Quote from: Grek
I am not familiar enough with virtual tabletop or similar programs to run a game on it. If you have a good idea, I'd like to hear it as playing DnD over irc is not the greatest way to do it.

We can try game table, at least one other Dnd game on these forums are using it and liking it. I just downloaded it and it seems easy to use.

Home page
Download

Best of all it is free.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2010, 09:32:13 pm »

@Criptfeind:
Necrotic Eruption is now an eight level spell, is uncapped, and does 100% vile damage. Necrotic Empowerment is now a sixth level spell which behaves as the spell Transformation except that it gives a bonus to Int and Wis instead of Str and Con, doesn't give BaB and only blocks cyst spells. All other spells are unchanged. What is the focus for those spells?

@MrRoboto75: Standard Toughness is a terrible feat and is a trap option. As such, it gives you +3hp per level instead of +3 hp one time. Also, I like kobolds. Welcome aboard!

@CJ1145: Perfectly acceptable. A character who reveals his background as the story progresses can be an interesting addition to the party. If you have questions, feel free to PM me about them.

@Gametable: I will try that out. Trip report in T-minus 24 hours.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2010, 09:54:30 pm »

@Criptfeind:
Necrotic Eruption is now an eight level spell, is uncapped, and does 100% vile damage. Necrotic Empowerment is now a sixth level spell which behaves as the spell Transformation except that it gives a bonus to Int and Wis instead of Str and Con, doesn't give BaB and only blocks cyst spells. All other spells are unchanged. What is the focus for those spells?

Crud I forgot about the focus, it is Mother cyst that you get for taking the Mother cyst feat. Also all cyst spells are Necromantic [Evil] I forgot to put that in.

Ok they should be fixed.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 12:57:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Test run of gametable. Is that what it is supposed to look like?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 01:14:28 am »

Yes, but you really shouldn't have shown me that picture. I am now dead-set on working an ODST into this campaign.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2010, 01:40:58 am »

You are in luck. Assuming you don't start on Astral or Earth, you will be very likely to drop in from orbit onto someone. I even have house rules for making impact craters.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 09:27:11 pm »

Fairly sure We will use Gametable.

@MrRoboto75: Familar type and choice of plane?

@Everyone: If you would all pick out a pog for your character, that would be lovely. Also, we need at least 1 more person.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22