Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: High adventure on the Inner Planes: Level Up  (Read 16525 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: High adventure on the Inner Planes [DnD 3.5]
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 09:50:15 am »

Maybe if you change the name of the thread to something like High adventure on the Inner Planes now looking for players! more will come?

Also I will got a pog in a couple of hours.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: High adventure on the Inner Planes [DnD 3.5] Looking for players!
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 09:11:06 pm »

MOAR DOUBLE POST!

Spoiler: Raven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Meh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skull (click to show/hide)

I did not find exactly what I was looking for but any of theses will do. I think I like Raven the best but what ever works better.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2010, 08:51:43 pm »

Updated character and familiar:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character Pog:

Familiar Pog:

Elemental earth is my choice of where to start.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2010, 08:33:55 pm »

Excellent. It seems we will be starting on Elemental Earth. Still need the following:

-Pog from CJ1145.
-Choice of feat from CJ1145 (Power attack is a non-feat under RoW rules; everyone can do it. I could just make up a "Improved Power Attack" feat if you want, though.)
-1 Background from everyone.
-Another player, hopefully. If not, I'll tone down the encounters by 1/4th and run with 3 people.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2010, 09:07:30 pm »

If we're using Gametable, I have a semi-decent one already. If not, I shall start looking. As for the feat, I thought I changed to Whirlwind, though I may be mistaken.

Finally, some basic background for starters.

This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2010, 09:48:54 pm »

"Rukkuz my good friend, you now have a epic quest before you, you must scale the stairs... of doom, open the the fridge... of peril, and retrieve the soda... of power. Get on that will you?"

Also I got around to changing the mule, it is now a skeleton. Not sure what to do the raven, it is not a skeleton or a zombie, should I just put the undead type on it?

Also if it is ok with you can I use that background you made up? If so I will take dwarven as the language and ether a dwarven Kingdom or a group of magi for the enemy.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2010, 12:58:51 am »

@CJ1145: We are using Gametable. Your choice of Whirlwind is noted on my copy of your character sheet. Background approved: Under RoW rules, writing up a background gives you some mechanical benefits. Your background seems to be most like "Veteran of The War", so you get 3 Exotic weapon proficiencies free. Unless you want something else.

@Criptfeind: Mule is now a skeleton. Familiar gets undead traits. Yes, that is what the background was made for.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2010, 01:10:43 am »

Thank you I was looking for that. I shall change my char now to represent the back ground and and raven.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2010, 05:14:15 am »

Alright, I've basically given up on getting player #4. Instead, here is the information on the part of Earth you're in:

-The area is mostly clay with intermittent chunks of solid stone.
-Gravity points towards gravity wells on Earth, so "down" is always towards heavy rock/metal deposits.
-You are currently in the mercenary compound of a hobgoblin hacienda.
-The hacienda is carved out of a block of lead to keep elementals, xorns and teleporting folks out. Earthglide doesn't go through metal and lead blocks teleportation, as you know.
-The whole compound is a sphere about 5 miles in circumfernce. There's tunnels leading in every direction, but alot of them aren't well maintained and would require climbing.

Other stuff you know:
-There was a merchant caravan poking around the compound a few hours ago looking for caravan guards. They say they are heading for the local Dao Khanate.
-The hobgoblin lord here is also looking to hire people. Very hush hush about what exactly he is after, however. Could be important.
-The Captain of the Guard is also looking for some people to go chase after a theif who stole a large pile of gems. He wants the theif, dead or alive.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2010, 08:20:33 pm »

Cool it is on.  ;D

questions:

1: Do we know each other?
2: Where are we specifically?

Assuming 1 is yes than I say we go try to get admittance to see the Khan and ask what he wants. If I need diplomacy I have a +2.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:27:07 pm by Criptfeind »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2010, 10:15:28 pm »

Yes. You three share a tent.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2010, 10:21:46 pm »

Sweet.

"My companions we are running out of money, it is time to get work! What do you think we should do? I think we need to ingrain ourselves with the rulers of this place if we are to get Awesome arcane power ahead in life. We should see what the maggots of this town need our help with. I say we go to the "lord" and see what he is looking for.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2010, 05:22:41 pm »

(I'm Chaotic Neutral, so most of my actions are decided by d100 rolls)
Do I want a job?  48.  Maybe.
Am I Interested in the caravan?  45.  Another maybe.
The Hobgoblin leader?  22.  No.
The Captain of the guard?  85.  yes.
Do I care for the Necromancer's suggestion?  97.  Yes.

"I agree, Let us see whomever governs this place.  Who knows?  That Cap'n might give us a share of those gems..."
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2010, 05:28:38 pm »

(OCC) I now rage at you for having a wildly differing thoughts from me on how alignment work.

Edit1

"So barbarian, Who do you think we should see, the lord of this place who has the powers and policy making abilities to give us true power if we help him or some low level captain of some guard squad who needs us to capture a thief for him"

Edit two: Man I keep getting you two mixed up for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 06:15:14 pm by Criptfeind »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2010, 06:38:00 pm »

I feel that this would be an opportune time to quote this line from the Chaotic Neutral description and to explain my adjunction on what "Law" and "Chaos" mean for the purposes of this campaign.

A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it.

Law means that your character specifically has a desire to obey the laws, rules or traditions of a specific nation, organization, religion or creed or that it  follows some specific code of conduct which your character is unwilling to break. While this limits your choices somewhat, it also makes others consider your character to be dependable.

Chaos is the opposite of Law. It means that you do not have any set of rules that you follow and that your character does whatever it is your character wants to do, based on it's personality and motivations.

It does not mean "generate character reactions to situations using a random number generator." Now, you could have your -character- make decisions by consulting a pile of dice and then use the dice to simulate your character rolling dice, but that is a characteriztion option, not "being Chaotic".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22