Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: High adventure on the Inner Planes: Level Up  (Read 16519 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: High adventure on the Inner Planes [DnD 3.5]
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 10:56:55 am »

Ya I am not sure if the horse is a good idea. but my crap weighs so much that i have little choice ether that or pick up a art object/just keep it in gold.

Also now that I am awake I am not sure I want to be a sorcerer. Can I wait for a bit before I make my final decision? Plus now that I look at it I see my skills are messed up if i am going to be a Stranger with the Burning Eyes.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 10:41:50 pm »

If you are only wanting something to carry your stuff, a mule costs 8gp.
-For 25gp, you can have a mule that has been trained to interact with subjective gravity intellegently.
-For 43gp, you can have an undead mule which is immune to fear and needs not eat. Because it is immune to fear, you can just take 20 on the ride check.

It is perfectly fine if you want to redo your character at this point. You have time.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 11:06:49 pm »

Yah, going to changing sorcerer for wizard and horse for mule, for some reason I only looked at the donkey. donkeys in DnD suck.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 06:59:09 pm »

Sorry bout the double post but as this is on the second page I wanted it to be seen.

Can I use the complete arcane book?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 10:57:26 pm »

Eh, sure. Why not?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 08:12:04 pm »

Ok I got the new guy. I do not have the accurate stats of the mule because i don't know whether it is a zombie or a skeleton. Also to the other players feel free to use my mule to put your crap on, it can carry 228 as a skeleton or 300 as a zombie.

Spoiler: Urten the Raven (click to show/hide)

I think other than the mule it is right.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 06:27:59 pm by Criptfeind »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 08:15:42 pm »

I would like to join. I'll have a character up shortly, if that is all right.

Here he is. If he's too "Oh Jesus, he's going to get us murdered" for you, I can whip up something else.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:29:33 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 10:00:25 pm »

I think as long as you are semi-open to reason and you will let me implant tracking tumors... devices on you we shall not have to many problems.  :P. Just don't act to dumb even if you only have six intelligence.

Also that is a good way to make fast characters but it makes some mistakes the main one is it looks weird when posted, you may want to fix it. also you should probably note some where that you have 123 gold left. You may want a ranged weapon to just in case.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 02:00:22 am »

I would like to join. I'll have a character up shortly, if that is all right.
Only problem stats-wise I see is that, under Races of War rules, Power Attack is no longer a feat. It's just something you can do, like disarming people. So you will want to choose a new feat. The RoW feats scale to BaB, so a +1 BaB you get something and at +6 you get another thing and so on. It's meant to bring fighter-style character's number/quality of options up to snuff with the +2 spells known per level that a wizard gets.

May I recomend

Spoiler: Whirlwind (click to show/hide)

or

Spoiler: Horde Breaker (click to show/hide)

Here he is. If he's too "Oh Jesus, he's going to get us murdered" for you, I can whip up something else.

Well, a tad more backstory would be good. That goes for Criptfeind too, by the way.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 06:47:42 am »

Also, I would like the players to vote on which plane the group will be starting on:

-A planar bubble on the Plane of Fire. It's a orb of rock and atmosphere the size of a small balkan counrty. It is ruled by a representative of the Efreet Sultan. Beyond the planet is an endless void of searing hot, opaque fire, but you aren't expected to go there without protection. The most valuable trade goods are those that are flamable, because only outsiders can even handle them without it catching fire. If the party starts here, they receive a background of their choice.

-Elemental Plane of Earth. You're in one of the mining freeholds. There are a bunch of these freeholds, all run by different planar organizations and the occasional mortal kingdom. All of these freeholds regularly go around fighting eachother over prospecting claims, valuable veins and so forth. If the party starts here, they receive a background of their choice.

-Negative Energy Plane. You've got an empty expanse of endless darkness with little spots of material and light. It's kind of like being in the real world, except you can fly between stars like Peter Pan and zombies will occasionally rain from the sky. If the party starts here, they receive the "Moil Wrought" background from RoW, which makes them get healed/harmed by negative/positive energy as if they were undead.

-Elemental Plane of Water. It's full of water. Some of it is salty, some of it is fresh and some of it is frozen. The Marid Padisha rules over the Marid and is the most powerful individual on the plane, but it's the Sahuagin that do most of the actual ruling of things. If the party starts here, they receive a yet to be named background that allows them to breathe both water and air.

-The Astral Plane. You can teleport to places you've been with an easy wisdom check and to places you've heard about with a somewhat more difficult wisdom check. You also don't need to eat or drink here. The plane itself is full of astral projecting wizards, Illithid and Gith planar fortresses. You could easily sign up with any of these groups. If the party starts here, they receive a background of their choice.

-The Elemental Plane of Air. An infinate expanse of air with floating rocks and cloud cities in it. Some of these rocks have nests of birds and some of the cloud cities are full of cloud giants. The Djinn are the Genies of this plane and they are actually pretty nice. So nice in fact that if the party starts here, they receive a free magic carpet or flying mount each.

-Positive Energy Plane. At any given time, half the plane is really nice to people and constantly heals them. The other half is being wracked by a Positive Energy Storm, which will fill anything that's alive with so much positive energy that it literally explodes. Most people are nomadic and just leave whenever an Energy Storm is coming through. The plane is also full of Ravids and random animated objects. Some of these are even tame and work for tinkers or for the native nomads. If the party starts here, they receive a background of their choice.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 10:08:15 am »

The plane of Air sounds boring, but still, flying mounts...

Either Air or Earth has my vote.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 04:24:50 pm »

I want the Negative Energy Plane or the Elemental Plane of Earth, so I will vote for whichever one of them gets the most votes.

Also I was waiting to see where and how we start before I wrote my back story, I think now I will write a couple and give out what ever one is more appropriate. Also I have to reread all the K supplements, an enjoyable task to be sure.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 09:56:20 pm »

Still need at least 2 more people.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 10:10:13 pm »

I'll try to join.

I'd like to use the Tome of Magic for my character class.  I have a pdf on hand if you need it. I'll work on it on Monday.
EDIT:Nevermind the book, the the class' magic does not function on the inner/outer planes. Oh well.

Please elaborate on how Synric works.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:36:00 pm by MrRoboto75 »
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 11:33:43 pm »

Ok I am not a very good writer but I made a small back story for Urten. Also I changed his feats to fit better (coff more powers coff).

Spoiler: Urten's back story. (click to show/hide)

Edit: Also do you have a problem with us (or at lest me) being evil? I assumed that it was no prob because you put up the K supplements, but I though I should ask.

And is my back story sufficient for the Refugee background? I don't think so but I though I would ask. (assuming that we don't start on the negative energy plane.)

For the group: If we are evil than I suggest we start in the negative energy plane to get the delicious easy healing that good partys get. If we are not evil than I think we should not start there. (Alignment of the party in this case means alignment of the cleric if we have one.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 12:34:09 am by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22