Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: What does your exercise routine look like?  (Read 3007 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: What does your exercise routine look like?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 07:00:20 pm »

What did the TC say about mindless bullshit cow?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 07:00:59 pm »

Your body can only rebuild itself so fast.
Or can it?
Unless your on steroids, or have genetics that would make Bruce Lee envious, then yes

honestly I'm not sure if your just trying to be difficult
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 07:02:16 pm »

I have no idea what muscle healing rate means

It's a number in the tissue template, duh.

The above probably qualifies as mindless drivel.  Okay, my routine... well, it's not a routine per se.  Generally a couple sets per day of as many pushups, pullups/chinups and situps as I can do, aiming for improvement.  I probably only do this a couple times a week on average, though.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 07:04:33 pm by Footkerchief »

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 07:06:05 pm »

What did the TC say about mindless bullshit cow?
I dont believe I know who that is...
but mindshit is not what Im speaking!
Unless your on steroids, or have genetics that would make Bruce Lee envious, then yes
Well duh you would need good genetics, but you would have to train them just like anything else. Your muscles are full of genetics!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 07:27:19 pm »

Many hours of sitting around. At work, many hours of standing around. Simply put.

But there are conditions that yield activity; like being stuck behind the computer for too long; or bored to the point that even games, TV, or B12 won't even be able to help out.

Other conditions include, if the beach (the sand, that is) is warm enough, I'll either go for a walk, or if the water is warm enough, I'll jump in and fight currents at least waist-high for several yards, or until I can't handle it anymore, and just lazily float. If the waves are good enough, go body boarding, seeing how far I can catch from, and if I can reach the shore.

It's often surprising when I can catch a wave for at least 50-75 yards, and reach the shore (even scratching along the sand). Harder than it sounds to accomplish. Lotta air needed in the lungs to withstand it.

And if the waves are even better, take a crack at surfing if the ocean wouldn't mind. Apparently, the ocean doesn't like when I catch a few waves. I get a good run, and I swear, it tries to drown me.

Hurricane season: Fair game. Do just about anything regardless of the danger factor.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 08:11:23 pm »

My 'routine' is usually carrying 70~ lbs up two flights of stairs every week day. My friend(gender:formetoknowandyoutofindout) keeps stealing piggy-back rides.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 08:32:35 pm »

From the forum guidelines:

"If the creator of a thread gives appropriate additional guidelines for an individual thread, please try to respect them.  Threads often drift away from their opening themes here, and there isn't a strong sense of thread "ownership", so there's a gray area, but if a thread has been designed for a specific purpose, please try to adhere to that, especially if the creator urges you to do so.  Do not derail threads."

cowofdoom78963 has received a warning.  Please try to stay on topic, especially if the OP wants you to stay on topic.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 08:42:03 pm »

push up and crunches mosty ,im just far to lazy to do more than 20 a day.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 09:08:07 pm »

You guys actually do a hundred pushups, crunches, pulls, biking, and soccer every day?  Might I ask why?  Because I mean no disrespect, but I do have a hard time believing that from anyone on the Internet.

Generally I run around 40 miles a week and do 50 crunches, pushups, side crunches, bicycles (the ab workout), leg lifters, and robbioes.

I'm on the internet!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 09:15:44 pm »

Randomly sit down and do pushups and shit, plus walks every so often.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 09:21:17 pm »

My exercise basically consists of going to and from college, and my inability to sit still when I'm on the intertubes.  I get up every ten minutes or so and pace around.
Shoes...

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 09:24:16 pm »

Thank you Toady.

Onlyhestands, you really think that my routine is too much? I was actually under the impression that two to four times a week was not intense at all.

About two months ago, I was doing that same routine four to six days a week, except without the planks and with 1-3km of swimming for 5 days a week. Heh heh, I guess I was overdoing it.

Yes, I admit that a lot of my motivation is being physically attractive. But a lot of it is just being in shape, especially since I swim competitively during the summer. The rest of the year, it serves as something to keep me from getting too bored.

Just to clarify, when I said I was curling a 45-lb barbell, that means 15 pounds of weights on each end, and the 15-lb bar. I didn't mean that I was curling 45 pounds per arm. Heck no.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 09:47:32 pm »

Doing all the house work.

I want to play badminton but I can't find anyone in his country to play it with me (girlfriend included.)
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 10:05:39 pm »

When fully active, the human brain can burn as many calories per hour as physical exercise. I do this a couple hours a day.

I used to bicycle regularly as well, but I have to dress nicely now that I work professionally.

edit: meh. whatever.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 08:03:34 pm by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 10:10:34 pm »

Two miles walk to get to the metro station to get to the campus, two miles back, and more than likely my father needs a good five-mile walk at night because as a bus driver he is always sitting down and doesn't get enough walking at work. Then there is the home construction I do on his off-days, involving lifting bricks everywhere and hammering a piece of steel into the right shape for some bizarre construction technique that is more than likely illegal in a few states. Sometimes I go on hour-long bike rides.

I'm not muscular, I simply have no fat whatsoever. This makes what little muscle I have stick out like crazy. Then again, my definition of muscular is based around my brothers time in ROTC and how ripped he was after graduating.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4