Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6923 6924 [6925] 6926 6927 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446615 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103860 on: April 03, 2016, 07:35:03 pm »

Good luck.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #103861 on: April 03, 2016, 07:40:07 pm »

Wait, that actually happens in real life? Shit, that's straight out of a movie. A bad one. I really hope he doesn't find you. (But the worst ones are the ones that don't threaten... just show up at your door - the hell am I saying this? I should be comforting, not scaring...)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #103862 on: April 03, 2016, 07:47:09 pm »

Oh cripe, good luck. I really hope you'll be alright. :/

Shook, I still reflexively do the monitor thing too. I still felt that way when my folks dug up an old and embarrassing notebook of mine at the house I grew up in, too. Old habits die hard.

But yeah, anxiety blows. I've sorta been there, and I'm sorry that's a thing you're working around. Among other things, it got in the way of living the way I wanted to live, against the current of what I felt everyone else wanted me to do. They mostly just wanted me to be safe and successful, but I was letting that overwhelm my own feelings, and getting really confused and overwhelmed in the process. Same for expressing myself honestly, rather than through saying what folks wanted to hear, or through constant jokes and living ironically. For some folks, it can take effort to build up the courage and will and chutzpah to just be as you are. You can do it if you're diligent about it, and honest with yourself.

Or I've completely misinterpreted what you were saying, and am just projecting. That happens too. 9_9;
Definitely not a misinterpretation, in fact it's quite accurate, familial differences notwithstanding. I'm so caught up in what others think i am that i'm kind of unsure of what I think i am, and i'm scared of doing my own thang because i fear what horrible things others might think of me for doing so. Therefore, i frequently go with what others think might be good for me, and while it does sometimes work, in case of education, i've... Not wasted, but spent 3 years of my life on studies that i never finished due to a lack of interest (and motivation).

I'm also afraid of expressing myself negatively. If i accidentally offend people, it weighs heavily on my conscience for a LONG time, and actual non-constructive conflict between people in general (others vs others or other(s) vs me) gives me an extremely unpleasant feeling, and i can be digesting that for DAYS. Therefore, as you mentioned, i also tend to say what people want to hear, and i try to stay cheerful even if i may be silently shitting myself and/or feeling like absolute shite (although with that said, i generally AM pretty cheerful). The most noticable exception to that is when i'm angry, which is the one emotion that i'm really bad at hiding, but thankfully i don't have much to be genuinely angry about these days.

Oh well, i'll figure out something, eventually.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103863 on: April 03, 2016, 08:09:20 pm »

Our ox is dieing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103864 on: April 03, 2016, 09:02:13 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:04:06 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103865 on: April 03, 2016, 09:05:06 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:16:18 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103866 on: April 03, 2016, 09:15:46 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:03:44 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103867 on: April 03, 2016, 09:18:04 pm »

I should learn to be a therapist...

I want to be more helpful than just proffering hugs, but I don't know how.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:20:33 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103868 on: April 03, 2016, 09:21:30 pm »

You normally need to try one or two before you find a therapist you're happy with. I was lucky and the first one I went to was really good.

Anyway, sounds like you're having a hard time, Vec. I hope things get better for you.

I should learn to be a therapist...

I want to be more helpful than just proffering hugs, but I don't know how.
Best way to help them is tell them to move to NZ.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103869 on: April 03, 2016, 09:26:56 pm »

@OW:?

@Vector:What OW said.  I hope things get better for you.  Feel free to count me as a friend if you want.  Albeit a distant one.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #103870 on: April 03, 2016, 09:28:48 pm »

He means send them to NZ. Hobbits? Dragons? Airports with Eagles on the ceiling? What's not to like.

Though, I must say, for a good time you ought to send them to NI. The folk are friendly and accepting, the religious atmosphere is relaxed and embracing, and the cities are grand affairs of old stoneworking and great architecture.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103871 on: April 03, 2016, 09:30:33 pm »

@OW
Hehe, never change you kiwi.

And that sucks, Vector...  But on the plus side, you sought out a professional and they're giving you straight advice.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103872 on: April 03, 2016, 09:30:39 pm »

That was a joke. I frequently offer "advice" that consists solely of "come to NZ it's great here" and may or may not be a ploy to get friends

the religious atmosphere is relaxed and embracing
m8

Although yeah Ireland is pretty great.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #103873 on: April 03, 2016, 09:44:09 pm »

@Vector
I am sorry that someone you love is having such a hard time, that people you love so persistently refuse to love or even respect you, that they will be gone, and that many of your friends and other relatives are or will be leaving, too. And that the stress is hurting you. I've been in the "no friends and family" boat before, but I put myself there deliberately and without past trauma - it's really not the same, I expect. Good luck.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103874 on: April 03, 2016, 09:53:24 pm »

dropped and broke my mouse. i liked that mouse.
Pages: 1 ... 6923 6924 [6925] 6926 6927 ... 8167