Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6922 6923 [6924] 6925 6926 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9445338 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103845 on: April 03, 2016, 07:33:51 am »

Another acquaintance of mine announced they were pregnant. My first (internal) reaction was "You're not going to think it's such a blessed miracle when you swell up like a balloon, you're vomiting and nauseous every other morning and all of your life goals slip away one by one". This was a cause of great mirth for me.

It was then that I realized I might be a pretty fucked up person.
I should point out those little thought bubbles in your head that detail quite ungood actions or thoughts are actually a real thing that real people say pretty much everyone has, they're called intrusive thoughts and because it's late and I can't be arsed I'll just give you the Wiki link without further comment.
Apart from the fact that whenever I see a kid with their parents I instantly think about the fact that they had to have had sex to get that little kid which is just about the most off putting thing I can think of when introduced to a kind and loving family.
OH, also, on the note of studying, I actually have a whiteboard in my room, it helps a lot, surprisingly, I really wasn't expecting it to.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #103846 on: April 03, 2016, 11:02:34 am »

Make flashcards, or an index card, or something.
I never saw the appeal in flash cards.

Flash cards? I imagine that's something like a dick pic, right?

I usually try to avoid commenting on other people's sadness because I have a fear of making things worse. That said...

What sort of world would it be if we could literally punch each other's bad feelings to make them go away?

You might not be able to punch them, bit you can squeeze them to death with hugs. Kinda.

Another acquaintance of mine announced they were pregnant. My first (internal) reaction was "You're not going to think it's such a blessed miracle when you swell up like a balloon, you're vomiting and nauseous every other morning and all of your life goals slip away one by one". This was a cause of great mirth for me.

Hey, better that happening from baby baking than just from age like it'll do to the rest of us.
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #103847 on: April 03, 2016, 11:21:17 am »

Make flashcards, or an index card, or something.
I never saw the appeal in flash cards.

Flash cards? I imagine that's something like a dick pic, right?

It's an entertaining thought, but no. You represent a nugget of information on a card, and then flip through the deck to study them. Or something like that.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #103848 on: April 03, 2016, 11:28:28 am »

Ah, yeah, flash cards. You write the question or a word or something on one side, then the answer or the definition on the other. Then you come back a few hours later or switch your deck with a friend's or something then flip through the deck and answer questions or define words one by one. My elementary school teachers were obsessed with the concept but I never used them; I much preferred to just reread the information I needed a couple of times.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103849 on: April 03, 2016, 11:37:29 am »

I usually try to avoid commenting on other people's sadness because I have a fear of making things worse. That said...

What sort of world would it be if we could literally punch each other's bad feelings to make them go away?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T041HnskeIk
Kinda obvious, but it had to be done. Inasmuch as that intro makes me happy, it really does punch away bad feelings.

Most recent sad: unexpected strain while doing some heavy lifting for the garden has rendered walking difficult. This is ridiculous. I still plan on living forever, and how is that going to happen when my body starts giving out? This whole aging thing is a bum rap. "Mortality", my ass.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #103850 on: April 03, 2016, 03:40:56 pm »

brb gonna waste another nine hours of my life at a job that i hate and doesn't pay enough lol
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103851 on: April 03, 2016, 04:22:39 pm »

It's taken the entire weekend for ESO to get to 86% downloaded and I can't play it till it's at 100% :C
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #103852 on: April 03, 2016, 06:14:56 pm »

Ach, can relate to that all too well. Memories flash back to the days where exceptionally large downloads could take an entire week to finish. :I

In other news, without even taking my constant bowel problems (that you're all tired of hearing about) into consideration, i'm getting increasingly stressed out by my inability to go look for a damn job. I get anxious just THINKING about going somewhere and asking about employment, and my online options are starting to be spent. I also get anxious about thinking of other ways to break out of this rut, i.e. actually devoting a certain amount of time to drawing, setting up livestreams, advertising commissions and my Patreon page, et cetera. It's this annoying wombo combo of feeling like i shouldn't, while also feeling like i want to. Kind of like a delicious forbidden fruit to a hungry man.

. .

Fuckin' internal conflicts. Won't ever get anywhere in this life if i can't even come to a consensus with myself.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103853 on: April 03, 2016, 06:16:29 pm »

*pats Shook*

Good luck I guess?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #103854 on: April 03, 2016, 06:50:06 pm »

Thanks. I do have a safety net of sorts (my parents are willing to help me pay the tuition if i fail to earn enough dosh), but i'm kind of tired of always falling into whatever safety net i may have. I'm also tired of STILL being ruled so much by anxiety, even after group therapy (though it did help), but it's not like i can just decide to not be anxious or afraid any more. One of the most nerve wracking experiences i've had recently was to let my physiotherapist look through my sketchbook on his own. I am fully aware of how silly that may sound to most of you (it looks silly to ME when written down like that), but i was visibly trembling afterwards.

Also, i am extremely skittish about people looking at what's going on on my monitor, so for the most part when people (especially my confused moth of an older brother, who spends a disconcerting amount of time standing in the middle of the room while "contemplating") are looking, i bring forth a sufficiently non-descript screen that they're probably not going to take notice of and/or make comments to, and stay there until they go elsewhere. A crucial step towards living with my anxiety would be to let people look all they want, without reflexively pausing, minimizing or whatever. It feels really unpleasant, but i know i'll have to if i am to get anywhere. I also feel like i should probably tell my brother that the reason i am so goddamn jumpy about his floundering around is that my anxiety is fucking with my head. That, and i really don't care much for explaining everything on the screen, nor do i care for him backseat browsing when he has a computer literally two meters away that he could be browsing on.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #103855 on: April 03, 2016, 07:03:42 pm »

Ach, can relate to that all too well. Memories flash back to the days where exceptionally large downloads could take an entire week to finish. :I

Yeah... I remember spending a whole week download a music video from a friend in little chunks... those were the days.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103856 on: April 03, 2016, 07:08:08 pm »

Shook, I still reflexively do the monitor thing too. I still felt that way when my folks dug up an old and embarrassing notebook of mine at the house I grew up in, too. Old habits die hard.

But yeah, anxiety blows. I've sorta been there, and I'm sorry that's a thing you're working around. Among other things, it got in the way of living the way I wanted to live, against the current of what I felt everyone else wanted me to do. They mostly just wanted me to be safe and successful, but I was letting that overwhelm my own feelings, and getting really confused and overwhelmed in the process. Same for expressing myself honestly, rather than through saying what folks wanted to hear, or through constant jokes and living ironically. For some folks, it can take effort to build up the courage and will and chutzpah to just be as you are. You can do it if you're diligent about it, and honest with yourself.

Or I've completely misinterpreted what you were saying, and am just projecting. That happens too. 9_9;

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #103857 on: April 03, 2016, 07:32:03 pm »

Again, please no quoting, it will be quite obvious why this time:

It seems one of my old clients has gotten out of prison and is threatening all of his old lawyers. I got him probation so I don't know what his problem with me is, but whatever. Evidently, he's quite dangerous after all. Hum. I ... I don't know, but I'm starting to think he may just have done it.... This means I'm disappearing for a bit, and does not help me with job hunting one bit. Yet another complication.

I don't need him seeing any kind of activity, whatsoever, so hiding I go.

I think 12 bay is safe enough, but still. I'll probably be on here somewhat, at least.

This is unfortunate and I'm just going to go through the motions as best I can. It is another lovely setback I will work through as best I am able.

Again, please no quoting, it will be quite obvious why this time:
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #103858 on: April 03, 2016, 07:33:45 pm »

Shit, good luck, friend.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103859 on: April 03, 2016, 07:33:58 pm »

Good luck.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6922 6923 [6924] 6925 6926 ... 8167