Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476225 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8476 on: July 26, 2010, 05:14:02 pm »

Ah, looks like moin, or someone that acts remarkably like moin, is back/here.

There's another, more likely candidate.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62359.0

This thread gave me joy to read, because of all its mistakes.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: July 26, 2010, 05:29:19 pm »

Being Moinlike has a lot more to do with obnoxiousness rather than not understanding English.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8478 on: July 26, 2010, 05:33:21 pm »

Well, the guy hasn't responded yet, so we'll see if he's anywhere near that level.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #8479 on: July 26, 2010, 05:37:03 pm »

You guys ARE referring to the guy with the G-man avatar speaking in all acronyms, right?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: July 26, 2010, 06:12:18 pm »

That guy's on my buddy list.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8481 on: July 26, 2010, 06:16:25 pm »

So you can know when he's on and avoid him?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: July 26, 2010, 06:32:05 pm »

I'm sad/worried because I passed out and stopped breathing while in the shower this morning. I hadn't even noticed it had happened, until I felt an intense pain in my tongue from lack of oxygen, followed by the rest of my body. The pain helped me come to, and I started breathing again, and got out of the shower as quick as my dizzy body could handle. Thank the gods for the autonomic nervous system!
I'm guessing you have a disorder of some type?

I don't have a disorder to my knowledge, though I have had this happen a number of times before. I've never stopped breathing before, though.

Try looking up vasovagal disorders--they're a reasonable bet, if you haven't been starving yourself recently (or similar).  Rosewood and his father had trouble with them, too.

Disclaimer: no medical degree.

I just realized that my favorite things to do at the moment (in no particular order) are:

1. Cooking
2. Playing Civ IV
3. Defining functions for specific purposes
4. Taking intersections of sets
5. Analyzing literature, particularly when it reminds me of group theory.

To be sure, I'm really glad I have all this free time to waste on things like (1), (2), and (5), but I hadn't realized I was still such a math nerd.  On the other hand, I guess my skill is returning if I'm getting too pissy to prove the machinery I built does what I promised.

I've also realized that 20-year-olds (myself included) are generally twerps.  This makes me sad, because pretty soon I'm going to return to school and be surrounded by them again.

Actually, the "Vasovagal Syncope" page on Wikipedia seems to fit with the symptoms. I've noticed it seems to be triggered by my core temperature getting too high, from heat or overexertion (first happened in marching band during the dead of summer). This time, I was trying to have a poor man's Sauna with hot water, steam, etc. and I'm pretty sure that triggered it. It kinda sucks, because I really enjoy being warm. :/

Anywho, much thanks for the info; I've been looking for an explanation for these episodes for some time. You're a scholar and an honorary gentleman. Wear the enclosed top hat and monocle with pride.

Also, I'd say that a large number of people who don't have to deal with the grittier parts of life tend to be twerps... and College Students by and large tend to fall in this category. One of the reasons I'm glad I started off at a Community College is that I met a bunch of people who had been through hardship enough, or made mistakes and learned from them. Most of the folks there tended to be cool and non-twerpy. It's all about life experience, and finding the tenacity to shape oneself up.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8483 on: July 26, 2010, 08:11:44 pm »

I'm mad because my uncle came over and since there were no cars in the driveway and the house was silent he didn't feel the need to play hide and seek and make sure I wasn't hiding in a closet somewhere.

That's not what makes me mad though.  I'd be more bothered if he went searching around the house, that's creepy.

My grandma has some kind of blood-grudge against my uncle lately, and will take anything he does as a sign that he's distancing himself from her or something.  So, of course, she tells me about it.  Upon finishing her story she repeats a previous line and then continues from there.  This goes on for several minutes.  Can't imagine why he doesn't come over, it's so much fun.

Also, more Fire Emblem.  Seth kind of gets on my nerves sometimes.  I can't afford not to take him, even if everything falls apart he can pull the fight together; but it's really hard to level my weaker characters when the AI grinds half its team to dust against him every turn.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:17:35 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8484 on: July 26, 2010, 08:23:15 pm »

Don't use him as a wall. Since he's huge (in game terms), he can rescue any single one of your allies if they get in trouble and he can withstand any resulting attack from anything short of a top-tier unit. You can use him as a rescue unit, and only bring him in for the heavy bashing once you're in dire straits.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: July 26, 2010, 08:50:00 pm »

I am disappointed with myself, I've also been pissed off this whole day so far.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: July 26, 2010, 08:51:31 pm »

I'm having trouble backing up my windows installer partition. This annoys me because I want to have all the hard disk for my own nefarious purposes, particularily since I dont use windows anymore (but don't want to blow away a perfectly functional Windows XP installer which I paid for, after all)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: July 26, 2010, 11:33:28 pm »

I might have to go to sleep soon. Meaning I might miss important things.

Gah.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: July 26, 2010, 11:37:59 pm »

I'm reading The Saga of Tuck, and i now want to punch something really bad.

Why do you play with my emotions sooooo.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: July 26, 2010, 11:42:12 pm »

Punch your monitor!

Only good things can result!
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 8167