Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475109 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8460 on: July 26, 2010, 12:13:24 pm »

My 1000th post was a non-post. Silliest milestone ever.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #8461 on: July 26, 2010, 12:21:50 pm »

I tried the portal demo, please tell me the full games better.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8462 on: July 26, 2010, 12:23:58 pm »

ask Youtube? plenty of walkthroughs/playthoughs/LPs of it, the second one will be better.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8463 on: July 26, 2010, 12:29:27 pm »

I dunno, what's the demo like? Portal was awesome, but if you don't like the portal gun you're obviously gonna hate it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8464 on: July 26, 2010, 12:41:10 pm »

I dunno, what's the demo like? Portal was awesome, but if you don't like the portal gun you're obviously gonna hate it.
You only really have fun with the full portal gun for 1-2 levels, and then demo is over. You don't even experience the fun parts of the game yet. Also you're lacking the challenge levels, time trials and such. Basically, it's Portal-lite.

When I had to rebuild my Steam account from the ground-up, I played the demo; I also played it as an XB360 demo as well. When you've already beaten the game before, the demo doesn't hold out too well, unless it's a particularly fun one (like Ikaruga XBLA demo; got the dot eater challenge done on my first attempt on normal difficulty).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:43:18 pm by Itnetlolor »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8465 on: July 26, 2010, 01:04:20 pm »

I'm reading posts by people whining about how badly their vidjagames are going.  And I'm realizing that I have about one afternoon of free time a week.

I imagine most of the people here feel that way.

I'm sad/worried because I passed out and stopped breathing while in the shower this morning. I hadn't even noticed it had happened, until I felt an intense pain in my tongue from lack of oxygen, followed by the rest of my body. The pain helped me come to, and I started breathing again, and got out of the shower as quick as my dizzy body could handle. Thank the gods for the autonomic nervous system!

Headache has since gone away, and I appear to not have any holes in my short-term memory, all of which are good things.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8466 on: July 26, 2010, 01:05:40 pm »

I'm guessing you have a disorder of some type?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8467 on: July 26, 2010, 02:02:24 pm »

I'm sad/worried because I passed out and stopped breathing while in the shower this morning. I hadn't even noticed it had happened, until I felt an intense pain in my tongue from lack of oxygen, followed by the rest of my body. The pain helped me come to, and I started breathing again, and got out of the shower as quick as my dizzy body could handle. Thank the gods for the autonomic nervous system!

Try looking up vasovagal disorders--they're a reasonable bet, if you haven't been starving yourself recently (or similar).  Rosewood and his father had trouble with them, too.

Disclaimer: no medical degree.

I just realized that my favorite things to do at the moment (in no particular order) are:

1. Cooking
2. Playing Civ IV
3. Defining functions for specific purposes
4. Taking intersections of sets
5. Analyzing literature, particularly when it reminds me of group theory.

To be sure, I'm really glad I have all this free time to waste on things like (1), (2), and (5), but I hadn't realized I was still such a math nerd.  On the other hand, I guess my skill is returning if I'm getting too pissy to prove the machinery I built does what I promised.

I've also realized that 20-year-olds (myself included) are generally twerps.  This makes me sad, because pretty soon I'm going to return to school and be surrounded by them again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8468 on: July 26, 2010, 02:10:40 pm »

Golden rule of thumb is that 95% of the people you meet are not worth talking to, simply because you have nothing in common to talk about. Still have no one as a close enough friend to talk to here, although that might just be because I hole myself up at home all day. Anyway, you'll probably find someone worth talking to when you go back, but don't force yourself to like anyone, or talk to anyone. Anyway, best of luck to you, and I hope things go better this time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8469 on: July 26, 2010, 02:28:32 pm »

Golden rule of thumb is that 95% of the people you meet are not worth talking to, simply because you have nothing in common to talk about. Still have no one as a close enough friend to talk to here, although that might just be because I hole myself up at home all day. Anyway, you'll probably find someone worth talking to when you go back, but don't force yourself to like anyone, or talk to anyone. Anyway, best of luck to you, and I hope things go better this time.

Nah, everything's going all right.  It's kind of a relief, actually, because I used to feel isolated/pressured to go socialize.  Now I don't feel any need to go date people I dislike or befriend folks who annoy me to death, and it's easier to deal with others' twerpery when it seems so much less personal.

Thanks for the kind wishes, and good luck to you as well.  I'm sure everything will improve in time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: July 26, 2010, 02:33:24 pm »

I just realized that I havent played DF in a long time because of the Military system, each time I try to play that shit messes the whole thing up. I either ragequit or lose a fortress or to Antmen going legendary by stabbing a guy a billion times then going postal in my fortress.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: July 26, 2010, 02:42:52 pm »

I'm reading posts by people whining about how badly their vidjagames are going.  And I'm realizing that I have about one afternoon of free time a week.

I imagine most of the people here feel that way.

Headache has since gone away, and I appear to not have any holes in my short-term memory, all of which are good things.

I get this too.  It's not as bad now that I drink more water and less pop, but I'm still terrified I'm going to stand up too fast and fall off a cliff or something.  It's fun though, I have no idea what anyone's saying when it happens.  You can be talking to me and I hear what you're saying, but I'm completely incapable of processing the sounds.

Interestingly though, I'm perfectly capable of talking on my own.

This doesn't as much make me sad as worry me.  Have you ever thought that maybe there aren't as many people here as you think?  What if there are just five or six people with a lot of sock puppets as some kind of psychological experiment?

I postulate that Tack, Tarran, and CJ1145 are the same person.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 03:40:35 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: July 26, 2010, 04:34:22 pm »

Ah, looks like moin, or someone that acts remarkably like moin, is back/here.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 8167