Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475284 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8490 on: July 26, 2010, 11:45:59 pm »

I'm sad that I didn't catch Vester before she decided to sink into the ocean for an estimated two weeks.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: July 27, 2010, 12:23:45 am »

I installed Starcraft 2 today...and it won't let me play.   :'(  (Digital download, I can't even purchase it until 10AM)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: July 27, 2010, 01:55:38 am »

I might have to go to sleep soon.

Also other stuff but I'm mostly okay.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: July 27, 2010, 03:11:01 pm »

My Starcraft 2 pre-order from Amazon.com isn't here yet. I pre-ordered it 11 months ago, the least they could do was make sure it got to me on release day!

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: July 27, 2010, 03:14:33 pm »

I cant find any good Chaos Rising Mods.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: July 27, 2010, 06:26:52 pm »

A man walked into another mans lawn in search of his girlfriend, who spet her time ther with her best friend. In front of the house, however, was the man who lived in the house. He sat crosslegged, staring at the road.

"Good Morning," Stated the man looking for his girlfriend. "Do you happen to know where May is? I hear she spends much time here."

"I do not wish you ill, friend, but understanding." Says the sitting man, not turning.

"I'm sorry? What do you mean?" Asks the first man, startled.

"I am watching the heat dance on the black stripe because Pain and Love are synonyms now." Continues the other, still not moving. The first sighs and sits beside him.

"Pain and Love were always close, with one often following the other. For seven years, one or the other were our gifts to eachother. Seven years, Romance has grown its seed. But the seed had no shell, and withered with every winter.

"Again and again Romance grew its seed, but time and again, we failed to build its shell. And with each failure, it died and was made to begin anew.

"This summer, I unwittingly grew Love, and so also Pain. And Hope, the final component in Romances shell.

"But just as the shell was solidifying, as it neared completion,she began to fear. She feared for her friendly ship, feared its own withering with the completion of Romances shell. And so, the poison of Fear killed Romance, and kept it once again from completion.

"And I fear too. I fear that without the shell, Jealousy will come to us, and trample my spirit. I fear to find her with Sorrow. I fear that this may have been our last chance to complete the growth, to break the cycle, before Fate brings it down about our heads."

The first man stood. For the whole story, the second man had not moved from his position, staring at the road in the manner of a distinguished gentleman watches a play.

The first man cleared his throat nervously. "Ahem. Well. If yoou'll excuse me, I'm going inside..."

"I wish you luck, friend. I Hope the shell you build is not as hollow as I Fear."

The first man tipped his hat and went inside. The second man continued to stare at the road, a single tear running down his cheek.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: July 27, 2010, 08:13:51 pm »

Baawwww....

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: July 27, 2010, 08:33:00 pm »

I'm on Chapter 9 of Sacred Stones, where you fight Gheb.  I had killed everything on the map but Gheb and was going to kill him next turn.  The way things were situated, I was terrified Gheb would step forward and kill Forde.  I decided it wasn't worth risking it, so I sent Ephraim up to hopefully finish Gheb off with Reginleif.  I looked at the screen, saw that Ephraim would only do 2 damage, and for some reason let him attack anyway.  Next turn Gheb attacks Ephraim and kills him.

I was one turn away from winning.

I'm not sad, I'm no longer capable of feeling anything right now.
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: July 27, 2010, 08:42:20 pm »

I'm not sad, I'm no longer capable of feeling anything right now.
Good. You now understand what it really is to play a Fire Emblem game.

I can't remember, do you have the dragon girl yet? I still haven't finished that game...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: July 27, 2010, 08:45:16 pm »

She's not in the party yet, but she's been introduced to the story.

What sucks is if I had left him alone he probably wouldn't have done anything.  Bosses usually don't move from their place, but I vaguely remember one doing it so I was scared.
Shoes...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: July 27, 2010, 09:35:17 pm »

Bosses pretty much announce the fact that they will move. If they don't give you five screens of "I'M COMING AT YOU, ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER, I'M MOVING QUICK, I'M ON MY WAY" then they are in a wheelchair.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: July 27, 2010, 10:04:34 pm »

A wheelchair on cement blocks, you mean.

If it makes you feel any better, you can watch me play Fire Emblem 4:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62571.0

I'm right in the middle of making an update.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: July 27, 2010, 10:10:34 pm »

Nay, I shalle be watchinge ye showe, Whose Lyne Be it at any Rayte? untille I retyre for ye sleepinge.  I shalle continue mine campaigne to defeat ye Grado Empyre on ye morrow.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: July 27, 2010, 10:21:41 pm »

I am so pissed again for some reason, it's like my blood is magma.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: July 27, 2010, 10:35:01 pm »

A sudden storm the fuck outta nowhere that has killed two as far as I know and has knocked out power to 300 thousand homes for what seems to be a week has kept me from the web for the past few days.

And TOONY! THE HUMAN CONDITION IS THAT OF A BURNING FLAME! WE SPREAD AND DEVELOP AND KICK AND SCREAM! POUR WATER ON US AND WE WILL FIGHT IT TO OUR VERY LAST BREATH. YOUR FIGHTING SPIRIT SHALL BURN THROUGH THE GATES THAT HAVE BEEN BUILT ON OUR PATH AND OPEN UP THE PATH THAT WE SHALL TAKE FOR TOMORROW!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 8167