Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:7) Open Throne  (Read 22597 times)

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:4) RESSURRECTED
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2009, 05:48:06 pm »

Here's the first half:

3rd Granite
Why did no-one tell me that we've got a possessed bowyer running about? Now we have to rush to get a bowyery built before he goes insane and kills us all!

9th Granite
Coincidence?
Datan's begun his mysterious construction, and the cave river is overflowing! Hope whatever's possessing him goes soon.

10th Granite
And now the elves are here. This might be harder than I thought, I've got so many things to do at once!

15th Granite
"Yay", Datan is done. "Yay" is in quotes because it's a blowgun, instead of something we could actually use in the military...
It's called "Tanmeden Kiretustosdal Ostësh", "Tricktribes the Untoward Angry Greed of Messes". Apparently he doesn't know why it's named that, only that that is definitely its name. In fact, he doesn't even remember making it.

17th Granite
The wonderful military dwarves chased away or killed three kobold theives today. These artifacts are ours, even if they aren't any use to us.

1st Slate
Well I've made it through the month without anyone dieing. I hope to keep that up.

4th Slate
MAGMA
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

8th Slate
Migrants:
A wrestler, three miners, three fisherdwarves, two trappers, a jeweler, two farmers, two peasants, three craftsdwarves, a mason and a Horse, which is probably the most useful of the lot.
And a few nobles:
A broker, Mayor, and the House Ber-something-something I didn't bother listening to.
Wonderful.
I'm beginning to dislike them already...

14th Slate
We never did get to trade with the elves.
I'm told that they only brought rope reed cloth anyway, which we could make ourselves if we wanted it.
'skaltum's not happy. Not happy at all.

21st Slate
The miners that discovered the magma have nearly died due to a misguided attempt to replace the bridge over the chasm with a wider one. The bridge is now replaced, but they're all dehydrated and hungry, and Aban is also unhappy and asleep, still on the other side of the chasm. Maybe I'm not cut out for this...

14th Felsite
Our wonderful broker has mandated construction of moonstone items. I tried to tell him that I don't have that much control over manufacturing, and don't even know if we have any moonstone, but he didn't listen. Typical noble.
I've also found out that we have an outstanding mandate for steel items. We don't even have iron yet, and a noble wants something forged out of steel!?

16th Felsite
And now one of our masons desides to withdraw from society and begin work on a secret project. I hope it's made of moonstone, just to shut 'skaltum' up.

17th Felsite
Nope, Schist, more Schist, kobold bones, pig tail cloth, and more pig tail cloth. I'm betting it's a trumpet.

21st Felsite
What's with these names? It's called "Nestethdur Udarhubilkizest Gar", or "Silkfists the Rainy Nasty Zeal of Destroyers". It's a schist amulet, not normally something worthy of a name like that...
You'd think it would be a sword at the very least.

1st Hematite
It's now summer. So far so good, I've only nearly killed three people...

9th Hematite
Another flood. Oh good.

Oh, and the humans are here to trade.
Apparently the REALLY want warhammers, and nothing else. They're willing to pay 138% of their value.
They don't have much to offer us (no metal!), so I've asked for food and drink.

11th Malachite
GOLD! We've struck gold! Still, what we really need is hematite.

18th Malachite
I was told that two tower-caps have finally grown to full size. I went to admire them, then ordered them cut down. Tower cap wood makes the best beds!

20th Malachite
Werewolf! Chasing our hunter! Military, to stations!
Or sleep. That works too.

21st Malachite
...in fact it does, the werewolf is dead, and we have no casualties. We slept it to death.
We're pretty sure it was Edem Bomrekkalán who shot the final killing bolt.

22nd Malchite
*Rumble*
There was no-one around at the time. Even the person who was supposed to be building a support there was nowhere to be found...

5th Galena
Two nobles are happy with their rooms, our manager and 'skalum' (not for long, ha! I'm sure they'll find some way to "deserve" a better room). The Captain of the guards's rooms just need smoothing out to bring them up to standard, but our wonderful Mayor's rooms need engraving or something, because they're completely smooth and she recons they're still not ostentatious enough.
House Ber-something is sleeping in a room that doesn't even have a door. At least she's happy that I was kind enough to give her a bed to sleep in.

Where do you recommend I host images?
I'll put the images up on my own webhosting, give me a moment. Done.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 06:27:43 pm by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2009, 07:42:00 pm »

I can't believe there are still collapses didn't you guys learn anything at miner's college?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2009, 08:35:57 pm »

That's why I wanted to do a 2D succession fort. More mistakes when everything would be settling into a smooth flow in most 3D games. Although this one seems to be caused by labor inefficiency.

Also, if Thief doesn't before he's done, it'd be nice if the next person posted skills and personalities of the players, everyone likes to know how they're doing.

I know it's been ages, but it seems Thief^ is back on top of it so no need to boot him, I don't think, if he can get finished up reasonably soon.

Oh, and lastly, I use imageshack. I have a flickr too, but imageshack doesn't require me to log in or throw hundreds of dwarf fortress screenshots into my photostream which normally appertains to totally unrelated things.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2009, 03:31:18 pm »

An injured fire man has sprung from ambush! Wow, so not dangerous. Well, the peasant didn't survive, but that's what he gets for not noticing the fire man until he bumped into him.
Aban Ekiriden also ran into the fire man and got some burns and a broken leg for her trouble.
Edëm Bomrekkälán was the first actual military dwarf on the scene, and she made short work of the fire man. That's two kills she's made in the past month alone. That's... quite scary actually.

6th Limestone
The Mayor is happy with her rooms now. I had the floors engraved by Sigun Koganmelbil, our legendary engraver, and he engraved 7 masterpieces. Apparently, Ms Mayor is now scared to walk on them in case she ruins them!

8th Limestone
Another possession! This time it was Ilral Mebzuholin, a craftsdwarf! Lets all stay back and see what he makes.

Also, the river is overflowing again. Is this tied to the possession?

And Ilral's claimed a clothesmaker's shop. Interesting.

11th Limestone
Finally, real traders. Here come the dwarves!

12th Limestone
Ilral begins!

16th Limestone
Unib Vaboktirist, Trapper, has been ripped apart by wolves. No-one knows what she was doing so far away from the fortress. Marksdwarves have been dispatched. We lost one marksdwarf, unfortunately.

At the same time, Ilral creates "Urist Borik", "The Dagger of Trenches", a pair of pigtail shoes!
It is decorated with cave spider silk and encircled with bands of oak, is covered in pig tail, copper and maple spikes, and has an image of rhesus macaques in red spinel.

Now get back to work.

21st Limestone
'Ulma' Lolokidos was abducted in her sleep by a goblin snatcher. The goblin then bumped into a cow while trying to escape, and ran for it. We caught it, but not before it injured an adorable stray kitten.

A second snatcher was found in the sleeping quarters, and swiftly dealt with.

A snakeman has sprung from ambush next to 'Ezkh' in the dining room. Possibly not the brightest thing it's ever done, as Ezkh just stabs it in the pancreas with her mining pick.
Immediately afterwards a second snakeman reveals itself, and gets a pick to the left eye.

And yet another snatcher, this one in the wine room. Also killed.

And two more snakemen in the dining room. How did we not notice!?
Bomrek the Jeweler was unlucky enough to be pounced on by one of them, and without a pick isn't doing as well as 'Ezkh'. The military is off chasing goblins, so it's all up to her!

And another snakeman in the dining room. Where are they coming from!? It's now three on one agains 'Ezkh'. Make that two on one!

'Ezkh's right leg has been broken! Is this the end for our intrepid miner? Stay tuned!
Oh, and Bomrek is unconscious, but she was always going to die.

Or maybe not, Nomal Angfikod, a recent recruit in leather armour and with no weapon in his hands has joined the fray in an attempt to save Bomrek! He happened to be near the dining room, everyone else is still too far away (or asleep).
Meanwhile, at the other end of the room 'Ezkh' has taken a nasty head-wound, and is now paralysed from a broken skull!

Nomal was too late, despite killing the snakeman Bomrek has bled to death.
The more injured of the two snakemen beating on the paralysed 'Ezkh' has turned around and gone after a child that's just entered the room. Run child!
Incidentally, that seems to be 'Ezkh's pick stuck in that snakeman. That's got to hurt!

The child has escaped, and Nomal has run over to rescue 'Ezkh'. I hope she survives!

In response to the lack of military presence, Nil Kolanriz, "Badass Miner" runs in and slaughters the cowardly snakeman that went after the child.
The rest of the military arrives just in time to claim that they killed the other snakeman and saved 'Ezkh'.

In the middle of all that, another child was taken, and the goblin responsible is nowhere to be found.

24th Limestone
Ingish, a fisherdwarf, has found the goblin trying to escape across the river! The military has been dispatched, hopefully they can get there in time!

Uh, we now have four children in bags. How do we get them out?
Why don't we just leave them in there? It's less trouble that way.

27th Limestone
It finally calmed down enough to trade. We traded a lot of mugs for some meat, plump helmets and a little silk. I think we had enough to get through the winter already, but it's best to be safe.

9th Sandstone
Another trapper has found another Werewolf, only this time instead of running into the fortress so it got slaughtered, the trapper got slaughtered instead.

16th Sandstone
The werewolf chased a fisherdwarf back towards the fortress, where it was ambushed by an off-duty wrestler (Mebzuth) and beaten to within an inch of its life. I think anyone who can do that must be scarier than the werewolf, myself.

17th Sandstone
Fikod, Marksdwarf, comes along and finally puts the werewolf out of its misery.

24th Sandstone
'skaltum' wants platemail. We have no metal, how hard is that to understand!?

27th Sandstone
More migrants!
Two masons, a craftsdwarf, two fisherdwarves, a Jeweler, three peasants, two horse foals and a kitten. Aww.

4th Timber
Another werewolf!
...and it's dead. Taking no casualties with it this time.

9th Timber
What's a "foul blendec"? Three of them are heading this way!
They're dead now, but Tekkud, Peasant, was killed in the attack.

17th Timber
Another werewolf, another dead peasant.

25th Timber
A child died from thirst today. I can only assume he was in a bag, and we forgot to water him.
Almost as if making up for it, our metalsmith gave birth.

7th Moonstone
Another birth, this time a girl.

15th Moonstone
Three dwarves have been killed by some of the new goods stockpile's roof collapsing. One was a baby. This has naturally caused a few tantrums.
Measures will be taken to make sure the rest of it doesn't collapse or we could have a full-blow disaster on our hands here.

17th Moonstone
Another dwarf has been possessed! Any moment now, the river will flood. I bet.

And Kogan's begun!

21st Moonstone
Another goblin snatcher has been found lurking around the food stockpile. 'Haspen', an expert miner, was on hand to put a pick in its spleen.
Though another child has been taken while he was being dealt with.

24th Moonstone
It's ok, two more snatchers have been found and dealt with. Though while we now have five "child-in-bag"s, two are apparently the same child.
That must be a mistake.

In other news, Kogan's done. "Oburbudam ïggal Aknûn", "Heroyearling the Trap of Hawks", a maple bracelet circled with bands of pig tail, spiked with more maple and foul blendec bone, and with images of dwarves in pig tail thread on it. Boring, get back to work.

25th Moonstone
Another snatcher dealt with, and another bag containing two children that we already had in other bags. Something's very odd here.

26th Moonstone
And another snatcher, and there's no way I'm looking into his bag.

22nd Opal
Another birth. That's three in two months. I wonder what they were doing in spring ;)

24th Opal
And another o.O

1st Granite
And that's this mess over with.
I only killed about a dozen dwarves, not too terrible.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1620
Notes for next ruler:
I think we still need a few more bedrooms for migrants
Try to get the children out of the bags somehow, preferably intact.
Find iron ore! Make steel!
Don't forget to replant the farms after the spring flood.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 03:34:47 pm by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:5) Sonerohi, you're up!
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2009, 05:54:50 am »

Sone, you alive?

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2009, 08:05:01 am »

sometimes i feel like it would of been better if sensei and thief^ just did it to be honest. theres been more updates under them two than anyone else i guess. :/
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2009, 08:11:10 am »

Don't forget rice, he's had more turn than anyone else so far!

EDIT: You should sign on too.

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2009, 09:49:49 am »

A snakeman has sprung from ambush next to 'Ezkh' in the dining room. Possibly not the brightest thing it's ever done, as Ezkh just stabs it in the pancreas with her mining pick.

I dont hate anything more, than I been interrupted during my dinner. ;)

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2009, 11:50:59 am »

Don't forget rice, he's had more turn than anyone else so far!

EDIT: You should sign on too.

ah fair doos then :/.

and unfortunatly my laptop is incapable of running 2D above anything other than 10 fps O_O. on embark and title. and the towers out of commission currently. i wonder if tarn will add the 40d# code to the 2d version after the big realese. i asked him if he could several months ago and he said he might consider it.
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2009, 06:36:31 pm »

Mkay, last bump for Sonerohi...

Bad luck we've been having, with everyone being busy or having computer problems.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2009, 04:27:40 am »

If and when a second turn comes around I'm more then willing to jump on in! My rule will never truly end!

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2009, 05:19:19 am »

If and when a second turn comes around I'm more then willing to jump on in! My rule will never truly end!

yaaaaaaaay.

is it year 6 yet? as far as i know theres some varios "fun" that happens in that year

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2009, 12:16:22 am »

Well, Sonerohi hasn't responded to the PM I sent him, and it's been ages now. So, moving down the list, it's Rando's turn. If he shows.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:5) Sonerohi? Rando? Anyone
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2009, 11:35:22 pm »

Are you taking anymore people, because if so I'd like a spot.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:5) Sonerohi? Rando? Anyone?
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2009, 11:50:14 pm »

At this rate, you have an almost guaranteed spot on the list.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14