Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:7) Open Throne  (Read 22579 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:5) Sonerohi? Rando? Anyone?
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2009, 02:58:08 am »

Alright, Skaltum, you're up. And taco Dan goes on the list. If Rando or Sonerohi reappear, they can get spots. I'd like all comers to finish before people who've had real turns before repeat.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:5) Skaltum! You are chosen!
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2009, 07:29:41 am »

O_O. okayyyy. but progress will be rather slow. :-\
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:5) Skaltum! You are chosen!
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2009, 07:48:18 am »

1st granite, early spring:

well it seems today that i am now in charge of this fort. The commoners have dubbed me as a bossy broker because my mandate for 3 suits of platemail Still hasn't been met. dont these dwarfs understand that i have the militarys best intrests at heart?.

1st granite, early spring (again)

i've designated a new nile style farming area to be constructed near the food stores and a few new rooms. i've also told our wood cutters to chop some of the trees across the river. they gave me a few looks but i dont see any dangerous animals about. i've also put in some channels. thanks to armoks laws here i've heard that they do not require water in the channel. as soon as the farm area is dug i'll place some doors forbid the stone and then smooth the room and cut some fortifications into the wall.

1st granite, early spring (yet again)

theres no food!. i'm making easy meals out of 101 beer and all the quarry leaves. i dont care if the food intoxicates them. it's DWARFY! and they'll thank me for it.

1st granite, early spring (yet again, again)

thats it. the kittens and foals are getting it. we have such an extreme craving for meeeeeaaaat.

the new house fers room is nearly complete. it's by the river and will have fortifications in the wall to give a lovely view of the river. it wont flood when their inside it though. or will it?  ;)

2nd granite, early spring.

turns out my well theory could be wrong. the rooms are mostly dug out all that is needed is moar doors and beds. i've also asked for more buckets. food is up. and we have meat and a few more cooks.

2nd granite, early spring (again)

my well theory was kinda wrong. they cannot be placed on channels but can on flat grpund. so far it seems that water doesnt need to be connected to the well. we'll soon see. preperations for the "MTW" device are underway. i've heard of a fort a millenium ago that was named "boatmurdered" that had a "FTW" device that decimated all who opposed them. I plan to reinact that weapon

10th granite, early spring.

the cave river is ready to flood and the new farm area is ready. those damm dirty tree-hugging werewolf kissing elves have arrived. time to "borrow" their items. i've got a creepy feeling about year 6 so i'm going to build a new and bigger crypt with a long passage and fill it full o tombs and traps. just in case.

the "MTW" device is around 40% complete. and i'm making a lever room in the noble area between the chasm and cave river for the "MTW" lever
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:08:25 am by skaltum »
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2009, 09:16:37 am »

Oh dear. Good luck! Hope you don't kill everyone with that device of yours.

You had a look at the bags full of children bits yet? Damn creepy how they can have bits in different bags and still be alive.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2009, 09:23:50 am »

rather scary are those bags. full of an army of beserk kids O_O.

anyways i did a map before i started

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7533
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 04:05:06 pm by skaltum »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2009, 09:29:50 am »

11th granite, early spring

well the rivers flooded and oh my it's a big one. nobody has drowned so thats a good thing. i need to improve the farm so it can take more water and the "MTW" channel is partially flooded. if it takes on water then it's gonna need several maintence hatches. i hope it wont come to that.

still no sign of any hematite yet :(

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2009, 03:47:39 pm »

I managed to get it working again for a small period of time.

I believe I claimed the Captain of the Guard.

Why is she not named?

Name: Amertha

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2009, 03:49:11 pm »

I managed to get it working again for a small period of time.

I believe I claimed the Captain of the Guard.

Why is she not named?

Name: Amertha

did you? hmmmm i'll check the list of the dead just in case. but i'll do that after some sleep. so updates will resume tomorrow. depending how i am

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
Re: Timetravels- A 2D Succession/Community Fort (Year:5) Doing it.
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2009, 03:23:31 pm »

right-o update time :).

14th granite, early spring

after a relaxing sleep i wake up to find the captain of the guard in MY ROOM requesting the she will from hereon be known as "Amertha". i find the name rather ghastly to be honest. i looked through the list of the dead and saw some dead dwarves who were rumoured to of possesed knowledge from the future. pahahahaa i dont belive all that gobble-de-goop otherwise they'd be immortal probably.

15th granite, early spring

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu........
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

time for a savescum

so after the fort got flooded i saw my error and will now attempt to repair it :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:52:24 pm by skaltum »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2009, 04:43:20 pm »

success. the placing of a certian channel saved the fort :D

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2009, 04:46:30 pm »

19th granite, early spring.

urrgghhh i feel so quesy like something just happened that perhaps shouldn't of.
anyways the old graves are being moved into the mausoleum. hahaha lets see if any of this predicted dark magic that is coming will get past that!. the weapon is about 60% complete. i just need to make some adjustments and add levers and more doors. then the fun will begin mwahahahahahahahaha.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2009, 05:07:47 pm »

Finally.

Also WHAT THE FUCK did you do to flood the fort?

EDIT: Nevermind, testing out your weapon.

Anyways, maybe I shall do a few journal entries. Later.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2009, 05:09:17 pm »

Finally.

Also WHAT THE FUCK did you do to flood the fort?

build an aquaduct over the cave river and forgetting to build a channel on the other end. so that meant that a perma wave shot out of the aquaduct and flooded the fort and chasm

EDIT.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2009, 07:46:51 pm »

As a note if you mess that weapon up you are going to create a permanent wave of magma. And by permanent I mean it will continually bounce back and forth the outer area of the fort slaughtering FPS. Just wanted you to know its probably not the best of ideas, even with the whole Boatmurdered reference.

BKWM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2009, 02:15:11 am »

As a note if you mess that weapon up you are going to create a permanent wave of magma. And by permanent I mean it will continually bounce back and forth the outer area of the fort slaughtering FPS. Just wanted you to know its probably not the best of ideas, even with the whole Boatmurdered reference.

Don't tell him that he might might listen.

Can I have a dwarf. Named after me. Engraver. Custom profession "Slacker." Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14