Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 176244 times)

Thelogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.3] NEW RELEASE!
« Reply #510 on: October 30, 2009, 10:22:54 pm »

And the [LOCKPICK] tag as well I see.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 30, 2009, 11:53:40 pm »

[LOCKPICKER] renders [trAPAVOID] redundant anyway (it includes the trapavoid effect), so if you're planning on cheating, remember to get rid of that tag as well.

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
  • meet me in the mead hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 01, 2009, 12:13:30 am »

[LOCKPICKER] renders [trAPAVOID] redundant anyway (it includes the trapavoid effect), so if you're planning on cheating, remember to get rid of that tag as well.

My last fortress just got completely rocked by the orcs because they pranced right over my insane weapon and cage traps.

Deleted.
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 01, 2009, 10:42:06 am »

My last fortress just got completely rocked by the orcs because they pranced right over my insane weapon and cage traps.

Deleted.

Well... Some are born ready and others just can't handle the fire  :P.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 01, 2009, 09:02:01 pm »

I'm getting three orc sieges a year (summer, autumn, and winter) starting the summer of year one.  And I'm killing nearly all of them.  Is this drawing me closer to a day when the orc populations will be too depleted to throw so many orcs at me, or are they breeding fast enough to absorb the losses?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 01, 2009, 10:18:11 pm »

Enemy siege numbers appear to be irrelevant of how many you kill, save for the fact that the more you kill, they more they send per siege.

I'd worry more about fps loss due to loot build-up.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 01, 2009, 10:59:23 pm »

Deleted.

See, I always try to have a backup in these kinds of situations. Alone, my traps could have handled the orcs easily. To top it off, I had about a dozen marksdwarfs with the very best Hairy Marmot bone bolts money could buy.

Then you decided to give the orcs steel armour from head to toe.

Sweet balls of Armok, man.
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 01, 2009, 11:52:07 pm »

Forget about orcs dude. Try to settle on a Terrifying Glacier and enjoy the skeletal Mammoth. Those stuff are unkillable, altough I easily manage to kill every orcs around, the only working solution against Mammoth has been to seal me inside.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 02, 2009, 03:28:43 am »

Deleted.

See, I always try to have a backup in these kinds of situations. Alone, my traps could have handled the orcs easily. To top it off, I had about a dozen marksdwarfs with the very best Hairy Marmot bone bolts money could buy.

Ick... Traps? Goblin treachery that's what them are! Nothing more dwarfly than getting up in an orcs face with a war-hammer. I take it you haven't encountered a GCSQ yet? Destroyer of worlds she be! Next update shall make the glowing pits more terrifying as well as deep river/chasm attacks deadlier. I'm considering giving orcs building_destroyer again too... Will they destroy traps with this tag?

I've started work on this project again... Have been delayed by school-work but I only have 2 pieces of assessment left now.

Keep reminding me if you see bugs or glitches in the game because of Dig Deeper.

PS - And don't forget to rate/comment the download page or attach:

Code: [Select]
[CENTER] [url=http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=35736.0][b]I'm Digging Deeper, You Should Too![/b][/url]
to your signature.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 03:31:06 am by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 02, 2009, 03:14:12 pm »

Deleted.

Ick... Traps? Goblin treachery that's what them are! Nothing more dwarfly than getting up in an orcs face with a war-hammer. I take it you haven't encountered a GCSQ yet? Destroyer of worlds she be! Next update shall make the glowing pits more terrifying as well as deep river/chasm attacks deadlier. I'm considering giving orcs building_destroyer again too... Will they destroy traps with this tag?

I've started work on this project again... Have been delayed by school-work but I only have 2 pieces of assessment left now.

Keep reminding me if you see bugs or glitches in the game because of Dig Deeper.

[CENTER] [url=http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=35736.0][b]I'm Digging Deeper, You Should Too![/b][/url]
to your signature.

Doneski. I guess I have a lot to learn about proper defense.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 03, 2009, 01:16:06 pm »

Deleted.

to your signature.

Bah, leave buildingdestroyer out. I like to cage the orcs by knocking them out with hammers first. You can't do that if they're actively destroying your traps.

The only hard thing about the orcs is them arriving in the first summer. If you can get over this, either by creating full time military early or by training your starting 7 to be viable fighters and bringing along dogs, you can handle them.

My current strategy is to bring along some dogs and seven picks, then have my dwarves alternate mining and wrestling til they get up to proficient (leaving some safe leeway so they don't end up wrestling their way into permanent military in the siege), train the dogs and assign them all, bring along some leather and a proficient leatherworker, and fight the orcs head on if they attack. Unfortunately, the last fort I did this on (beautiful fort, 5x5 embark with a 15 z-level drop on one corner and a 15 z-level mountain on the other, almost entirely flat except the top left and bottom right, with magma and limestone) had no access to the orcs, so I dunno how well it will work. I'll update when my current fort makes it.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Afthartos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 04, 2009, 11:44:55 am »

would be interesting if someone incorporated dinosaurs into this mod
YOU SIR, HAVE COMMITED DORF SCIENCE!

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 04, 2009, 12:22:28 pm »

I just got rocked yesterday during an ORc seige by #$%@ Orc Snipers! I have all MY archers up in towers, picking off the rushing hordes of Orcs, I raise the drawbridge, secure that NO ORC can breech my defenses when I start seeing "So and so has bled to death! so and so has been struck down!"

A total of 8 Orc Snipers where on the hills around my fort shooting down into my Champions training area -_- I lost so many i got disgusted and reverted to a save scum.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Tallefred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 04, 2009, 02:36:45 pm »

I started getting bored with vanilla, and decided to test out a mod. I've heard good things about Dig Deeper, so I figured I'd go with that one. I liked what it said about it in the thread. Only problem is, when I tried patching it into my copy of DF, it crashed on start-up.

Could someone please upload a clean copy of Dig Deeper for me so I can see if it's really not working or if I'm just installing it wrong?
This is to make me recognizable.

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 04, 2009, 02:51:46 pm »

This stuff is HARD! I've just given up making a decent army and just wall myself in every time the orcs come. Five of my starting seven are miner/mason/designer/mechanic. I have wall up before the season changes  8)

I've also figured out orcs. They just really want to be dwarfs but can't really talk so have decided to conquer and replace. I just had three orc pikemasters arrive; all with a image of one of my artifacts on a piece of armor...
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57