Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64553 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #735 on: January 30, 2009, 02:02:39 pm »

Fan-Hondak was not happy, as it seemed a new threat was cooknig up on the surface world. Some scouts exploring the caverns had been caught, but more had escaped their attention. A new ruler had appeared and was gathering the former slaves of Yaven'Gan, or so the captured ones said. He didn't think it was a coincidence, although he had heard from God, Zyenild, that the demon god had been dealt with. Bah, Lord Zyenild knew what to do best, and for now, the main attention was getting to the citadel of the rebels and bashing the life out of them all.

Finally, the great army, led by Fan-Hondak and the very incarnation of Zyenild himself, reached the citadel. Zyenild pointed to the gem-encrusted walls, and soon a huge explosion shook the walls. Fan-Hondak followed quickly with his own staff, and soon the god's powers and all the other mage's powers were amplified greatly. The many thousands of golems ran to the breached walls, followed by the colossal golem, smashing all opposition in its path. The gemchildren were ordered not to hurt any of their comatose kin, and to only deal with the still functionning defences and any other creatures Insurgo had corrupted. The citadel stoof little chance, and soon most of its outer sectors and farmlands were taken, while stonekin were destroyed or incapacitated. Insurgo was most probably in the heart of the citadel, and so the army moved forward, Zyenild at its lead, laughing maniacally and the incredibly easy time he was having taking this citadel.

((I attack. You have no chance to beat me Insurgo without any of your rebel gemchildren, and escaping unharmed is impossible as i closed down all passages other than the main one. I'll be content with your defeat and your giving up the rebel gemchildren, and you can leave my lands unnaffected after that.))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 30, 2009, 05:19:15 pm »

((Ah, crap. I refuse to die, but I will take my defeat with grace. I am no sneaking, evil, treacher- wait, what!?))

Insurgo sat in his citadel, discussing strategy with the gemchildren. Hut was speaking.
"And then we can reinforce the outer walls with-"
Hut suddenly fell silent.
Insurgo stared.
"Reinforce them with what?" he asked.
Hut remained silent.
Insurgo began to realise something was wrong. The other gemchildren had also fallen silent.
He tapped the gemchild next to him.
It fell over.
Insurgo paused for a minute, then abandonded his gemchild form and sped towards the exit. Several stonekin shouted at him, but he fled unregarding. He arrived at the passage back to Sapphire tunnels, just in time to see the last hole close up. He turned, and saw Fan-Hondak's army march into the cavern, multicolored lights lighting their way. The comforting red glow of the citadel paled against the vast magical force set against him.
Zyenild, the proud fool. Most probably every magus in his empire was here.
Time to go.
Insurgo attempted to leave the cavern, but he found he could not. Zyenild had blocked his escape entirely.
Or had he.. desperate times call for desperate measures, he thought, took a sword from a frozen gemchild, and stabbed himself.

Insurgo woke up on a cold cave floor.

"Welcome to The Underworld, Insurgo! You're dead. In case you're wondering-"
Insurgo punched the air just so, and the voice stopped.
"Oi! I'm just a prerecorded message, no need to get all-"
Insurgo punched the air. The voice stopped again, and a very faint tinkle was heard, as if a dissembodied voice had hit the floor.

Insurgo went forth to the bar. And lo, he got very, very drunk.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 05:36:10 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 30, 2009, 05:44:28 pm »

(I'm slightly confused. Isn't it kind of redundant for things living in the tunnels to be banished there when they die? They may only be a few steps from home. Are they put in a different part? Can they communicate with the living?)
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 30, 2009, 05:46:33 pm »

(There's the inside of the planet, then there's a twisted inside of the planet; so, it's the world and the underworld. I'm not sure about the races that live in the underworld, how that works.)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 30, 2009, 05:48:17 pm »

(I'll assume that the dead are intangible to the living, and vice-versa.)
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 30, 2009, 05:49:42 pm »

((i see the tunnels and the underworld as two separate places. the tunnels are kinda like natural caves, while the underworld is closer to the core of primordia and out of reach with the current technology of the races.))

As more souls filed into the underworld Nel'ulos waited for the cheery pre-recorded message to greet the newcomers. it didn't. "oh! uh... erm. Welcome to the underworld!" Nel'ulos said in the most cheery voice he could muster. "uh... in case your wondering um... your dead. you can get entertainment from a service vendor. dont worry! its free!"
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 30, 2009, 11:43:04 pm »

((This should clear everything up about the different planes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 31, 2009, 05:59:12 am »

((Yes.. it all makes sense now..
A couple of rounds ago, Inaluct made a plane, which is the underworld. It's connections to the world are weird, but whatever. The under-world, as in, where the gemchildren live, is part of primordia, not a seperate plane.))

"So, what's it like, being a dissembodied voice?" Insurgo asked
"Well, people don't respect you. They treat you like a tool, man. And you never get a break."
Insurgo nodded glumly.
"You want a beer?" he asked.
"Sure"
Long Live United Forenia!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 31, 2009, 07:24:37 am »

The triumphant army returned home, after not only having survived the evil and enslaving taking over all the other races of Primordia, but also having cleansed the rebel resistance. The captured comatose gemchildren were reawaken in prison cells, to be judged for their crimes, but not executed, instead rehabilitated, or sentenced to life if they refused. Other troops of Insurgo that had survived and were captured were set free dispersed and far away from the citadel and any gemchild settlement.

Upon his return to the Gemchild capital, Fan-Hondak decided to build up his own citadel here. The golems and even the giant golem helped to make this, and the citadel's construction started.

During that time, Zyenild, now walking on Primordia, set off to explore the undergound and surface worlds from a mortal's perspective.
<@Akroma> eh

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 31, 2009, 10:28:10 am »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 31, 2009, 11:48:38 am »

(I'll assume that the dead are intangible to the living, and vice-versa.)

(Remember, I abolished death. :P)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 31, 2009, 08:24:12 pm »

Wayock had all his warriors help him. He pushed upon the gate.

"Aaargh!"

The gate finally let loose, and it moved, the gate to Primoridia. They pushed out of the tower and down to an isolated place, from the tower it could be seen but the tower couldn't be seen from the gate.

"Alright, go back I'll finish up here."

He grabbed upon the ground around it and lifted it up, so very high. The gate was now in the middle of a valley, with huge, sheer cliffs.

When Wayock got back Erif came to him.

"Wayock, fewer has come than expected."

"How many?"

"About five thousand."

"Hmm... That's fine. Tell them to create a settlement here, tell them to send out scouts to tell other cities the settlement was here."

"Aye. Sir."

"I will see them later."

((Moderate Shape Land - 2PP 0PP Left))

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 31, 2009, 11:16:31 pm »

after having to repeat the general "your dead" message at least one million times Nel'ulos decided to refine the system of sending the dead to the underworld, and in general, make it less clumsy. so Nel'ulos created an invisible intangible plane that infinitely wrapped around Primordia and the Underworld connecting all possible points on Primordia to all possible points in the Underworld. Nel'ulos had complete control over this plane and would use it to transport souls to the underworld, from Primordia.
the inside of this plane looked like a rushing torrent of everything in primordia and the underworld whirling around. on the outside. in the very center was a large courthouse. there, Nel'ulos had a huge desk. from here he would help the dead to the underworld while giving them the information they might need at the same time.
(4pp create plane. none left. i used 1 on attacking Yaven'gan.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 01, 2009, 12:17:02 am »

((Does that include areas on other planes?))

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 01, 2009, 03:26:31 am »

((ooooh, you invented the ethereal plane... ghosts ahoy!))
<@Akroma> eh
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 61