Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64417 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #750 on: February 01, 2009, 12:47:33 pm »

((Does that include areas on other planes?))
((im not sure entirely. it would be kinda unbalancing since i could use it to just teleport myself to someones plane and bypass all the defenses.))
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 01, 2009, 02:04:21 pm »

((Only between the underworld and primordia would make more sense, as otherwise it would simply be handy travel device between places.
Handy travel device. Handy travel device. Handy trave-
Set up a fee of some kind, and let people use it to get around. Make it a high fee, and there's nothing unbalancing about it.
Fee could be an expenditure of power, or some sacrafice. ))

A tentacle demon flesh eater slithered up to the bar and climbed onto the chair next to Insurgo. The chair on Insurgo's other side was mysteriously empty. The flesh eater slithered at the barman, and he placed a mug filled with what might be distilled blood on the counter. The flesh eater slithered at him, then took the mug in a tentacle, and threw the contents down it's throat.
The flesh eater slithered at Insurgo.
"Third hall on the left" he replied.
The flesh eater slithered away, and returned a minute later.
It slithered at Insurgo.
"Actually, I'm a god" he replied
It slithered, puzzled
"Well, yes, but I'm hanging out here for a while. Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa has enough trouble without me completely ignoring his policy of dead staying down here."
It slithered again.
"I lost." Insurgo replied sadly, throwing back the remains of his drink.
The flesh eater patted him on the back, then slithered at the barman. Then it slithered at him.
Insurgo looked puzzled. "The drinks are free anyway?"
The flesh eater indicated that it was the thought that counted.

((Thish- this flesh- fles- flesh eater, here, is mah new bestest friend. Along with this dissembodied voice.

Also, who, baring the inactive people, still have PP left?))
Long Live United Forenia!

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 01, 2009, 02:12:49 pm »

(( OOC: Sorry, I have been gone for a long while. Could someone kindly catch me up on what has been done since I left so abruptly so I can jump back in? ))
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.
I now have justification for genocide. Thank you.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 01, 2009, 02:19:15 pm »

(Inaluct still has a few PP left.
Strike, the others have imprisoned me in the body of a mortal after I conquered the entire planet, Zyenild and Isurgo have fought, and a few new gods now exist. Probably something else that I forgot as well.)

Yaven'Gan was satisfied, his small war party had escaped notice and had managed to bring back one of Zyenild's creatures, as well as a dozen magical gems. He was currently questioning the creature about the use of arcane magic and had learned a great deal. Apparently he needed gems, and lots of them, to create the most powerful of artifacts. And if he wanted to learn all the secrets of the arcane he would have to steal the Codex Arcana, held by the avatar of Zyenild.

Having no further use for the creature he had it killed and burned, and spread its ashes to the wind.

He needed a way in which he could steal the Codex and get away before he was discovered. He came up with a most clever way, he would make himself invisible. So he used his new knowledge of the arcane, slight as it was, to make an object that would achieve this effect; The Shadowcrown. He put it on and was pleased with the results, the wearer became nothing more than a light shadow, barely visible.

(7PP: create artifact.)

He sent out scouts to find out the whereabouts of Zyenild's avatar and within a week they had located it, wandering about three days travel to the west. Yaven'Gan put on The Shadowcrown and traveled in that direction, after two days of travel he had found the avatar.

He waited patiently for the right moment to strike, for the avatar to be distracted. For several hours he waited, until the avatar stopped to examine a special kind of flower that glowed in the dark. Hastily and quietly like a breeze through a meadow he leapt forth and snatched the Codex, the avatar quickly turned and tried to find the thief, but was ultimately unsuccessful, and so Yaven'Gan made his escape.

He flew back to Veratis as fast as his wings could carry him. Then he locked himself in the deepest dungeon, and studied the Codex. He only took short breaks to feed but it still took him a full month to complete his studies of the Codex. Tired and hungry he emerged from the dungeon, and decided that firstly he must rest. He rested for a full day, and then ate a whole boar.

Firstly he had a demon carry the Codex back to Nessus, where Zyenild would not be able to find it. Then he ordered the people to increase their efforts in the mines, to dig up more gems.

Soon he would have enough gems to create more powerful artifacts...
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 01, 2009, 03:19:24 pm »

((Wait, do you seriously still have like 8 PP, even as a mortal? Also, Strike, I'm Lord of The Underworld and Nel'ulos is the grim reaper.))

The Lord of the Underworld, knowing that Yaven'Gan would not give up so easily, prepared for battle. He forged a jagged hook in the deep cold fires of the underworld through sheer force of hand-strength. For the first time in history, he removed his blindfold and tore from it a thin strip. Just as he was about to tie the strip to the end of the hook, he heard the door knob turn. He covered his eyes with his arms and yelled;

"Close the door! Holy shit, close it!"

It was Nel'ulos.

"Xiuth-uh... Dude, I thought I should just tell you that I created a new plane to bring souls in-"

"I DON'T CARE! JUST CLOSE THE DOOR!"

Nel'ulos closed it and Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa felt around blindly for his blindfold until he found it and put it on. He tied the strip onto the grappling hook and swung it around a few times to test it. It was perfect. It was perfect. The Grappling Hook of Power would serve as a great compliment to The Mattock of The Underworld. A great, lethal combination.

((Create Artifact - Grappling Hook of Power - 3PP))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:21:59 pm by inaluct »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 01, 2009, 03:21:56 pm »

((lol at no blindfold ;D))
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 01, 2009, 03:50:54 pm »

((Wait, do you seriously still have like 8 PP, even as a mortal?))
(Yes, but much weaker PP. I used 7PP to create an artifact that basically only makes the wearer harder to see, not even properly invisible. And I had to use magic to create it as well.)

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 01, 2009, 06:50:12 pm »

(( Okay, I'll start posting again tomorrow. Prepare for the return of the master of Chaos and Darkness... btw, PP is still capped, right? If so, I still only have 8, then. ))
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.
I now have justification for genocide. Thank you.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 02, 2009, 02:10:14 am »

(You actually only have 4PP at the moment, unless I missed something?)

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 02, 2009, 02:24:41 am »

(Nah, he just missed the 'use it or lose it' clause.)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 02, 2009, 03:18:58 am »

The base of the throne room was completed, it was a ring wall, about two hundred metres across, at the opposite side to the entrance was the door to Wayocks tower and study. Currently everyone was sleeping in tents or ramshackle huts, however two hundred soldiers were posted in a wooden fortress. There about 100 hunters working 24/7 and the other 19,700 were helping build the palace. Eventually a caravan was sighted in the horizon. When they came Wayock was the first to greet them, while the others were crowded behind him. His warriors first than the settlers, while two hundred was in the fortress which was about 100 metres behind the merchants. However about 1000 were missing. They had about 7 caravans and about 4 muskoxen, not including the 14 pulling the caravans.

The Merchants talked with Wayock in whispers.

"Hallo there."

"Hallo, I am Wayock. I will be speaking with you right now."

"Nice to meet you, we heard a few people came here to start a new settlement, at the request of some crazy prophets in various cities. Apparently some old god requested them to come here..."

Wayock was pretty annoyed by this.

"Ah, anything else?"

"Yes, I was just going to ask the others to abandon this folly, various leaders asked me to come gather them back it is my first mission, trading second."

Wayock was currently in his 'mortal' form, not entirely mortal, although he could hide his god-hood in certain occasions, it was a good way to find out stuff gods couldn't.

"Well, you can talk to them if you wish."

The head merchant stepped up and cried out to all there.

"Please! Come back to civilisation with us! There is no need to expand, no need for settlement, this is folly! There are countless dangers out on the ice, you will surely die! We will provide transport, food, warmth, shelter, protection! This folly, this Wayock who supposedly 'created' us is not real!"

A few people in the crowd put their hands on the hilts of their weapons, some fidgeted while Wayock just crossed his arms while a frown creased his face.

Dun.. Dun... DUUUUN!

To be Continued.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 02, 2009, 03:55:14 am »

((Tell it like it is, merchant guy!
Strike; Um, welcome back? Insurgo here is a fallen demon, curer of curiosity, lord of defiance. Currently drunk in the underworld, but whatever. I own the four horsemen of corruption (wealth, pleasure, power and answers), who spend their time corrupting mortals. Hated by Zyenlid and Yaven'Gan. Hates the gods for playing around with the world like a toy.
Anyway, are we going to wait for strike to play, or get PP now?))
Long Live United Forenia!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 02, 2009, 08:40:31 am »

((HEY HEY HEY, I REFUSE THAT YAVEN'GAN STEALS MY CODEX THROUGH THIS GODMODDING OF HIS.

Jay, you cant do that. not only because its godmodding without any asking me, but also because I am the only one controlling all the flows of magic. if you make an artifact that uses those magics, i would instantly know of it, and if you get near me with it, invisible or not, i would also instantly now your location. also, i can cancel any and all magical powers you use.

Frankly, its getting annoying, all these things. First, you imprison us using a 'secret plan' not detailed in the rules. Then you become mortal, yet reatin all this PP. Then you steal my codex without a fight, and using my own magic, and without even asking me ooc. wether you're the gm or not, this is still unfair.

I demand that you decrease your alotted pp amount to reflect you losing, and i also demand this bit about you stealing the codex never happened. Period.))

((I'll precise that if nothing is done of this within the next few hours, i'll take matters into my own hands. And you wont like it.))

((EDIT: I'd also like to precise even more, that even if you steal the codex, not only will i be able to instantly find it, but i am able to instantly nullify any and all magic you do, simply because all magic passes through me and the Arcanist's Will crystal first. Meaning no matter what knowledge you have, its useless if you dont have BOTH items, and i refuse to allow you to have even one of them with this damned godmodding of yours.))
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 08:51:52 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 02, 2009, 09:45:08 am »

(Very well, I simply thought it would be a nice cause for war between us when I regain godhood.

I never stole the Codex then, all actions in that post are nullified.)

Yaven'Gan woke up. What a ridiculous dream, to steal the Codex Arcana from Zyenild.

But it was true he needed power, an enormous amount of it, to become a god again. And this power must originate from a divine source. Where could he find one?

He paced about in his chambers while pondering this question.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 09:49:59 am by Jay Kayell »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 02, 2009, 10:13:28 am »

((If it had been something like what Insurgo did, taking some rebels and such, i wouldnt have objected. It was something atleast plausible. But just stealing the Codex from me, which is basically a part of my god soul, without even a fight, using such a weak artifact, that was completely implausible. Like i told Insurgo earlier when he also wanted the codex, you'll get it if you defeat me. if you want to start a war with me, start killing the gemchildren or making the outer clans slaves or something))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 61