Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64384 times)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #900 on: February 12, 2009, 12:06:48 pm »

(The end is nigh! Or a wall of text...)

The gods continued arguing as to what they should do to Yaven'Gan, some wanted to punish him and others felt he had been punished enough. Most of them did not notice as the fabric of space tore open, and a rift leading to another universe appeared, only the deity of Progress felt the change, and he went to investigate.

As he approached the strange portal a shadowy creature stepped trough, it looked like a human, but made of pure darkness. He stepped forward to greet the creature when it struck at him, and its blow sliced his flesh. Confused he stepped back, wondering how a mortal could harm a god, when more of the creatures started to appear from the rift, and he ran.

He ran to Wayock, and explained what had happened, and all the assembled gods were very worried by this, and they all agreed that they must do something about it. Wayock suggested that they all assemble their armies to meet this threat, and all the others agreed, even Yaven'Gan. And so it was that the gods were for the first time united against a common foe, in an unexpected way the god of Progress had achieved his goal with the creation of other universes.

They led an army of many thousand millions towards the rift, an army composed of every sentient race in the universe, and a few beastly ones as well, and billions of dead had come from the underworld, commanded by Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa. This great host shook the earth as it marched, and at its front walked the gods and their closest servants; the avatar of Zyenild and Fan-Hondak, Erif, Jotun and the Urettes, the four horsemen of corruption and many more.

As they came within view of the rift they saw before them what looked like a sea of darkness, these creatures were at least as many as them, if not more. When the dark horde caught sight of them they charged with maddened shrieks. The army of the gods quickly formed up in battle formations and prepared for the attack.

The dark horde crashed into them like a wave crashes upon the shore, and at first they held out well, with the stronger fighters up front and the magicians providing support from behind the front lines. But the enemy seemed endless, and with each fallen soldier their chances of victory decreased. The battle raged on for many hours, days even, before things started to look really grim.

The gods' army had been mostly routed or killed, and they alone stood on the field. Their combined might was enough to keep the enemy at bay, but it was obvious that victory was slipping away from them, and they retreated to the arbiter's grounds. There they would make their final stand.

But Wayock had other plans, his eyes alight with the love of battle, he said: "Let us charge! We should take the fight to the enemy!" And he pointed at the rift.
A few of the others seemed very unsettled by this plan, but not Ur, he rushed towards the edge of the plateau, and had to be restrained by Wayock.
Ur screamed: "I'm gonna kill them myself! Let me go! I can kill them!". His mind was obviously clouded by his love of violence.
"We must do something, or these creatures will destroy everything!" said the god of Progress.
"I agree" said Apura. "We cannot let these beasts run free."
All but Yaven'Gan voiced their agreement. They looked at him.
"Let us go then." he said finally.

And that they did, with Ur taking the lead, laughing jovially as he slew many foes. The enemy could not stand before them, and they charged through the dark horde, clearing a wide path behind them that was soon filled again. And so the gods charged into the dark rift, and the enemy horde followed. It closed behind them, and they were ever seen on Primordia again.

But this sacrifice was forever remembered, immortalized in the stories of the people, the story of how the gods had put aside their differences and fought alongside each other against a common foe. And so it was that all the peoples of Primordia united, and worked together to ensure that they would never again suffer at the hands of those who would destroy them.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 12:13:41 pm by Jay Kayell »
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #901 on: April 08, 2009, 06:16:34 pm »

"Wait. Wait a second.

Was I crazy?

We shouldn't have done anything! That was a dumb idea that led to prepetual war and chaos. And all the war crimes we committed...gah.

We should have made peaceful communication and get them to see our way. We should not have reacted as xenophobically as we did. Well, at least it's over. Primodoia is doing fine. I guess I better do some penance.

How does a God ask for forgiveness anyway?"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 06:19:37 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]