Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64387 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Lords of Creation
« on: January 05, 2009, 01:39:50 pm »

NOTE: DO NOT POST YOUR GOD'S PROFILE BEFORE YOU PM ME ABOUT IT.

And from the depths of the yawning abyss of oblivion... A forum game!

This forum game originated at the Wizards of the Coast forums, and thought that the creative minds from this abomination we call a forum could make use of it.

This game is called Lords of Creation, and in it, gods use divine powers to shape the world to their liking, even when this creates conflict. Any player can become a god, just PM me what you wish to reign over. If it's not already taken, I'll grant you official godhood. Note that the world is not yet created, so more elemental and basic forces are good starting points. Other things can be taken on later.

The game is meant to create an interesting world with an interesting history. So try to avoid cliches.

The actual rules of the game are as follows:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When your god is confirmed by me, the admin of the game, you should post in this topic about how this primordial will came into being. You will also post basic information on your god. This will be done as such:

Name: Gorosine
Domains (spheres of influence): Entropy, Chaos
Disposition: Uncaring and not understanding of other gods
Appearance: A black three-headed serpent shrouded in wisps of crimson vapor.

(This isn't my god, just an example.)

The Current Pantheon of Primordia is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:51:03 am by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 02:49:24 pm »

Name: Narl'agash
Domains (spheres of influence): Fire, Machinery
Disposition: Chaotic Neutral. Narl'agash tends to do whatever he thinks will be the most fun for himself, and hates any member of the canine family.
Appearance: Narl'agash usually appears in the form of a brown humanoid feline clad in blood-red pants with a like colored vest. He has a mechanical left arm.

"In the beginning, there was nothing; a great expanse of nothing. There was a great voice, and then silence. Then there was fire. From this fire, emerged a lone figure, Narl'agash. He looked around, and saw nothing. This displeased him. In his boredom, he shaped from the flames a great wolf.

As the wolf looked hungrily upon its creator, Narl'agash began to destroy it, and had his left arm bitten off. Howling with rage, Narl'agash managed to win the battle, and the wolf was finished. From the remaining flames, Narl'agash created a new, mechanical arm for himself."

From the Book of Narl'agash, chapter 1.
  It'd help if I was less easily confused.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 08:48:50 pm by Nirur Torir »

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 03:05:09 pm »

As the world will need substance, I will claim my place.

Name: Tevorak
Domains: Earth, Permanence
Disposition: Tevorak is a being of order, his mind as sinuous and rigid as his body.
Appearance: A great system of solid rock coils, that originate from a white marble sphere with an obsidian eye at it's center.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 03:09:25 pm »

Hmmm...

Name: Vogarmenn
Domains: Balance, the Afterlife
Disposition: Always at both extremes of any matter
Appearance: Two heads that change shape to fit the situation, balanced upon a gargantuan scale.

I'll write more, sure, if this gets off the ground.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 03:24:07 pm »

Aw crap. I was just thinking of starting something like this. Were you in my head today? I suppose not, considering that you appear sane.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 03:30:48 pm »

"Changed due to outdated info."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 08:36:36 pm by Psyco Jelly »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 03:40:40 pm »

Name: Zyenild, Shaper of the Flows
Domains (spheres of influence): Arcane magic, Gems and Crystals
Disposition: Neutral. Doesn't mind helping other gods, especially when it might end up in some great magical creation or achievement, but dislikes anyone that endangers his 'masterpieces' in any way.
Appearance: A young man holding a large tome in the right hand, and an intricaly shaped crystal shining in very strange colors of light and shadows hovering in the left hand.

As other beings of immense power appear in the void, as they begin using their incredible wills to create and shape, a tiny fraction of that spent will and energy is wasted. That amount might be at first nothing compared to the whole powers of the Gods themselves, but it is still an immense and immeasurable power. Eventually, this power reshapes and rearrages itself, forming the Flows of Magic.

These primordial flows, growing in power, are still wrought in chaos and disorder, destroying each other before anything is created from them. Thus, from the void and from these flows, arises a new will. A will bent on controlling these powers, shaping them to something useful, something incredible. From the once wasted specks of energy lefy by other Deities' works, this will shall strive to study and perfect the management of all powers Arcane, and share and utilize that knowledge to make true masterpieces, and to ensure no such power is ever ignored or wasted again.

Thus rises the will naming itself Zyenild, Shaper of the Flows. After millenia upon millenia of struggle against uncontrollable primordial flows, Zyenild finally manages to bind them to his will, through a condensed shard of these manifestations of Arcane energy, the crystal known as The Arcanist's Will. Following that, Zyenild writes down all the lore of the flows into a large tome, the Codex of Arcana.

Finally satisfied with his work, Zyenild sets his eyes on creating a world where he could finally use his mastered powers...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 03:57:50 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 03:44:56 pm »

Name: The Old One
Domains:Life and Death
Disposition:peaceful, he tries to avoid harming other gods and his creations when possible. Relaxed.
Appearence: he looks like a 50 year old man, his clothes change depending on his role

At the beginning there was nothing. Then a plan decided to appear, and it appeared. It was empty, there was only void, but forces started to be created ; 2 of them, without which any world would be impossible started to merge. They were life and death, the cycle of every thing, and when they merged a God was made, a god of life and death, from which things starts and go back to. He came in this universe, and He was old, , His hair were white and wrinckles were on his face.
Then other gods appeared, each one taking his own share of power, but the old one didn't mind.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 03:57:34 pm by andrea »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 03:47:05 pm »

Name: [PLACEHOLDER]
domain: Progress (elements of Progress include: "Social Justice", Peservation of the Environment, Equality amongst the classes, removal of racism, brotherhood, etc.)
disposition: Lawful Good.
apperance: A golden balance, you know the one that Lady Freedom usually holds while wearing a blindfold.

EDIT: Waiting for go-ahead before I post some sort of...er...backstory. Sorry for the pre-mature posting.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:28:29 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 03:55:54 pm »

Undaparo, the Finger of Water.
Domain: Water
Disposition: Only to her own whim on trying to make the void to her liking.
Appearance: A woman entirely blue with waves and streams of water randomly undulating across her body, which can be changed by her, and it usually always different the next time anyone would see her, (mostly covering up 'dem naughty bits,) while the texture of her skin is also pulsating. If one was to touch her, it would be like touching a very thin water bed, with water permeating out like a suddenly compressed sponge. Her hair is just a dense vague mist that changes direction constantly, with the randomness of the waves. (Which arn't that random, but, we'll see.)

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 03:58:06 pm »

Name: Thyross
Domain: Darkness and Chaos
Disposition: Chaotic Neutral
Appearance: He has an elegant and lean-muscled humanoid build. He has straight, knee-length amber hair worn in a simple style. His eyes glow black. He has pale white skin. He is usually portrayed as wearing a skin-tight outfit (tunic, robes, trousers, boots) seemingly weaved from intertwined black flames and black water. He is often seen wielding two elegant warscythes, one in each hand.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:25:49 pm by StrikeTheSand »
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.
I now have justification for genocide. Thank you.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 04:13:42 pm »

(Out of character should be in parenthesis.)
(Trivial acts for a god, such as making a single stone, do not cost PP.
Feel free to birth you're god at any time once you get the OK from me.)
Every god is set to 4 PP.

The void came into existence, and one being, born from the non-stuff, was deeply troubled. The void around it was not. So it made substance. It liked it, but the void quickly consumed it. This made it sad. Simple of mind, it did not understand why this would happen.

After an amount of time that may have been seconds, may have been millennia, It started to call itself Tevorak, and solved the problem of the void. It created a substance, and gave it permanence, the ability to retain existence. Tevorak called this substance "stone" and let it be. It made a stone the size of a small island, and rested near it's beloved substance.

Create Concept (Earth): 3PP
Shape Land (Minor): 1PP
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:22:21 pm by Psyco Jelly »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 04:28:42 pm »

(Huzzah! Accepted!)
(Large parenthesis for obvious out of character-ness)
(Name: Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa
Domain: Cold, Discomfort
Disposition: Insecure for a god, but nicer than his domains would suggest. He isn't actively evil, but he usually makes no real effort to be good. He is somewhat capricious, however, and may opt to help someone for no obvious reason.
Appearance: Usually either a massive five sided monolith of jagged ice(I'll wait for someone to create water) and crumbled rock with a deep "X" gouged into one of it's faces or a pale, small, sickly looking person of either gender wearing a white blindfold and white clothes totally inappropriate for a cold climate. Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa can appear as a non-human as well, depending on the situation and what other species are created.)

As Tevorak created a substance, stone, another being became aware of something; having awoken, the concept of temperature briefly flitted across it's mind. As it did, the possibility (and only the possibility) of heat emerged. There was no heat, but it's absence was noticed.

This being decided to call itself Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa, because it believed the long name to be a fitting one for the first to notice that something was not there.

Create Concept (Cold): 3PP
1PP unspent.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:32:13 pm by inaluct »

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 04:34:09 pm »

From the void appeared a strange being, clothed in elements never before seen. He turned to the being known as Tevorak and spoke but simple words, "Darkness... Chaos... I am the void come to its true form... and your loyal servant."

He turned to the substance and the stone that Tevorak had made and spoke. "My gift to your creation."

As he spoke his words, tears of blood fell from his eyes and splashed the stone. From it the smallest of all organisms conceived thrived on mere stone alone.

"The gift of chaos, milord. But it will be the job of another to sustain my gift, to nourish it, for chaos not only begets life, but destroys it, without order."

Nourish Land: 1 PP

3 PP unspent

(Since viral-like lifeforms I made are very, very primitive, I hope it counts as only Nourish land. I mean, shrubs/plants were given in the example. :) )
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.
I now have justification for genocide. Thank you.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 04:42:05 pm »

I'm not sure if we have the concept of life yet.

Anyway, into character:

The Life was conflicted. It warred with itself, it loved itself. It warred with the stone, it lived off it. The Life was the stone but it rejected it.This was the first conflict the gods witnessed, and it distressed them. And their want became form and begot the first arbiter.

It looked at the conflict and decreed: "Be separate. Life shall live off Stone and shall give back unto stone it's produce." And thus the world, for a while, reached perfect equibrilium.

Create Concept(Equibrilium): 3 PP

1 PP left.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:47:34 pm by Boksi »
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 61