Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64674 times)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #510 on: January 23, 2009, 02:33:07 pm »

Well, the definition of War has not really been defined yet. None of us really know what War actually meant, until I invented the Concept. Yes, it is true that you are the God of War, but you are the God of this specific 'Concept of War', the concept of War that includes Duels and Astral Combat, and only that.

(For the moment, I doubt that this situation will last long. Either me or Wayock will make war possible soon, I think.

Also, I will be giving out PP in about four hours, use any you have left before then.)

Yaven'Gan saw that his army was ready, but then realized that he could not wage war on Primordia unless he introduced it to that world. Perhaps he could try to lure the army of the others to attack Nessus? Then there would be no battle, only complete and utter slaughter.

This seemed unlikely though, they would probably be led by the wargod's finest general and would not easily be fooled into such a thing.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 23, 2009, 06:30:14 pm »

(Double posting ftw! :P

Same amount of PP to all as last turn, no exceptions.)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 23, 2009, 06:50:11 pm »

"No, duels and astral combat are just options, I AM the god of war, am I not? I believe I know my own."

Well, the definition of War has not really been defined yet. None of us really know what War actually meant, until I invented the Concept. Yes, it is true that you are the God of War, but you are the God of this specific 'Concept of War', the concept of War that includes Duels and Astral Combat, and only that.
"War has been here since the creation of predatory species, take for example my wolves, they 'war' with the muskoxen for food, and they 'war' with each other for higher status in the pack, they also war with other wolf packs for land. War is just that taken to another level. I doubt we would need a concept of war, a concept of conflict or a concept of fighting. I also doubt that if we were to fight outside of Duels and Astral Combat without a concept of Pitched Battles, of damage to people and property. I also doubt that if we did fight on Primoridia without this concept, it would prevent us from fighting with armies, since conflict, fighting and 'wars' have been here since the creation of Predatory species."

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 23, 2009, 06:53:42 pm »

Apura was bothered by the war preparations all others were engaged in, it seemingly was not yet time for her creations to grace this world. Still, she had to keep sight of her purpose. She laid her hands on Primordia, figuratively speaking, and soon deep swathes of prestine forests were growing, all around the world, the trees large, resisant, and enduring. The many civilizations of Primordia could use these dense growths to shield themselves from the coming invasion, and confound the massive armies that were forming on both sides.

2 PP: Shape Land (Moderate)

She cut this land with rivers and valleys, nourished it with warmth and rainfall in places, toughened it with cold and hardship in others, giving the world a greater depth and diversity of natural than it ever had before. The complexities these obstacles added to warfare and empire building were merely a bonus... This new strength of nature would challenge even the canniest of warriors.

2 PP: Shape Land (Moderate), again

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2009, 07:09:32 pm »

Wayock found Erif, Erif was now 1000 in Narrian years.

"Erif! Come!"

So Erif followed Wayock until they were at the gate to Primoridia.

"Erif. You will be the first Narrian to cross the boundary. You are ready. You are my general, you will lead my people to battle.

You are my champion."

At the moment, Erif, an old man with a simple wooden stick who could hardly walk became young again able to carry and fight as the best there ever was.

"I give you eternal youth, I give you immortality from old age."

Wayock brought Erif back to his study, there was a new feature, a bronze mouth piece going into the wall.

"Erif, I give you my shield and my sword. There is nothing special about them, but it is symbolic. Blow in that mouthpiece."

Erif was still stunned, but he did it without hesitation. A large horn sounded across the land, soon the sounds of marching that drown out every sound, they both walked out onto the balcony, already soldiers were filing into lines upon lines upon lines. There millions upon millions of them, all armed and armored, all blooded in battle.

They all chanted together, "Wayock! Wayock! Wayock! To death, victory and honour for Wayock!"

"I give you, my champion, YOUR GENERAL!"

He pointed to Erif.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 23, 2009, 09:05:29 pm »

Yaven'Gan stood atop his tower, looking down at the hundred legions of Nessus. He spoke to them, his voice booming across the endless plain:

"Nessians! Greatest fighters in all creation! The time has come! The time when we shall conquer, the time when we shall take what is rightfully ours! The time when we shall leave our enemies as broken corpses on the field of battle and turn their cities into rubble!" At this several hundred thousand voices cheered and weapons clanged against shields. He continued: "You have been created for this single purpose, bred for war and hardened on the unforgiving plain of Nessus. The world shall be yours, or it shall not be at all! Go forth now, and leave none alive!"

He looked as the vast horde marched towards the newly created portal to Primordia, it lead to the great desert near Mount Eto. At their front was Apep, holding a giant axe and armored in the finest armor ever made in Nessus.

Yaven'Gan had chosen the desert because it would allow his army good visibility and the possibility of using their ability to fly to its full extent. It would also not affect the demons as much as lesser races who were not as used to harsh conditions as the demons.

In the desert near Mount Eto

Mogand looked at the black circle, it had appeared near his tribe's tents just a few hours ago but had not done anything since. Eventually his curiosity had gotten the better of him and he had gone to get a closer look, he could see nothing through it, but he could hear some strange pounding sound. He reached out to touch it when suddenly a huge monstrous figure appeared from it, he was so shocked that he could not move as the figure  grabbed him, and then everything went dark. He found himself in some strange cold place, seemingly a large cave...

Apep had quickly grabbed the small figure that had stood near the portal and had crushed it. He saw nothing but desert and a half dozen tents and ordered a few demons to slaughter those in the tents and some others to take to the skies and scout the area. What few people they found were soon dead. The first victims of the war.

(create portal: 1PP)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 23, 2009, 09:28:37 pm »

Wayock was at his balcony, below im the legions ofNarrians, numbering 4 million exactly, they had bred since his last roll call, all blooded warriors.

Just then a great pain had entered his mind, the ebating of drums is wat he eard.

The drums of war.

He called to Zyenild, "Cannot we put away our differences, band together and repel these warriors who wish to enslave primoridia to their iron will! Petty tings like that can wait can it not?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 23, 2009, 09:50:53 pm »

Ur was beside Himself. Literally. He had divided Ru from Himself so that He could discuss plans for the upcoming war. Though Ru did not speak much, He was wise and much more sensable that Ur, making for excellent counsel to His erratic brother.

"Right, right, good point there, Ru. We'll want to send a few scouts out. Look for good spots to fortify and make encampments. I'll have a few form up around the Arbiter's Ground."

((Create God, Ru. Ur and Ru are now seprate entities, listed below:

Name: Ur
Apperence: Old man in tarnished bronze armour. No shadow, oddly enough.
Disposition: Confrontational, jovial but a bit deranged.
Spheres: Mysticism(Shared with Ru), Violence, Maddness.

Name: Ru
Apperence: A shadow cast by an unseen source with lots of tenctacles and teeth.
Disposition: Artistic, morose and very quiet.
Spheres: Mysticism(Shared with Ur), Art, Monsters.

Hope nobody minds me giving Ru a few spheres that fit him.))

((This post does not exist.))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:12:31 pm by Grek »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 23, 2009, 10:02:49 pm »

(Yeah, sorry but meh. I can't feel like playing. Consider the God of Progress to kill himself, emo-style.

But, if anybody attacks Yaven'Gan this turn, I give you a +1 Bonus with my Exarch.

Kill Yaven'Gan, and you can keep the Exarch permenatly.)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 23, 2009, 10:56:34 pm »

"I told you that our numbers would steadily decline. I think someone owes me $5."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 23, 2009, 11:33:34 pm »

Upon hearing of the Unnamed Lord's offer, Ur got a mad glint in His eye and started whispering to Ru. From nowhere, Ru drew a spear of made from ash and dust. It's name was Unmaker and it was the great destroyer, the maker of ruins and the bane of all things. A wicked grin grew on Ur's face as He begain to plot.

((Ru creates an artifact, Unmaker, which is able to turn objects into dust by stabbing them. 1 PP left on both Gods.

I would also like to note that, with Servant Corp's exarch bonus and the weapon artifacts I've been hoarding, the combined fighting power of Ur and Ru together is a whopping 12 points. Which is enough to walk into Nessus and go Die Hard on Yaven'Gan and Nel'ulos on their home terf. They can only manage a max of 11 fighting points, unless someone wants to jump in and help team evil. I'll attack tommorow, assuming nobody takes issue with me having both Ur and Ru attack.

Jay Kayell, you should start making plans for what Yaven'Gan is going to do if he gets booted out of his own plane and/or has his armies crushed by Wayock. I'll be making plans for my defeat incase that occurs too.
))

((Cancelled))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:12:54 pm by Grek »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 23, 2009, 11:59:22 pm »

(You should probably talk to people about whether Ur and Ru count as separate gods for attacking and PP purposes. It's a little unbalancing.)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 24, 2009, 12:06:42 am »

((Grek, next turn I'll create an artifact and join you.))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 24, 2009, 12:16:45 am »

(I'll join you two if your totals aren't high enough).

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 24, 2009, 12:17:28 am »

((Abaut the Illochicate:
Axiom wont come back, what ways I interact whit this game is for now outside the PP system.
The Illochicate have trancended all in the void by far, they are at an distance throught transmultiversal space beyond the conception of even the gods, nothing magic or divine can travle betwen these relms throught any means, and technology can send nothing except gravity waves, time pass diferently there and the euivelent of hundreds of turns has paased since Axiom left, there are creatiures in the Illochicate much more powerfull than gods by now.
however, that power maters litle for those in the void, as the gap in betwen is untraversable it canot interact exept by means of gravity waves, the waves travel for billions of years but timetravel tricks make the delay much lesser, a litle more than 1000 years, and whit some futher tricks it will apear instant to those on primordia.
Very little does the Illochicate really care about Primordia and surroundings, there is a small division od maybe 20 or so of the "perfect beings", Alphamorts, in task of communications, he lead diplomat of that division is Iquanova, who usually takes the form of a 2.5m tall human whit 4 birdlike wings and a cat girl look and glowing whit a bright whirte light most of the time, and wearing a toga whit cool animated fractal patterns whit usually blue/turquoise hues, and a diadem of !!magnesium!!. Like all Alphamorts she is a being of perfection and unearthly beauty.
My plan is that she'll after a while "travel" to primordia in person, to do this what has to be done is for some other god to create her according to a mold of gravity interference and then for her mind to be transferred the same way, and you'd also need a strong arcane source like for example a star to be fused into her brain. in adition to the gem the cost would probably be 3 or 4 PP for the god, and it has to be carefully planed in andvance from both sides. And she'd bee reduced to a fraction of her power, wich is still just slightly more than before they left.
The Alphamorts are not gods, but mortals of simply great power, and by the rules in the void they could not strike gods directly, any lesser mortal is rarely a threat, as they can just create a bunch of antimatter large enough to blow up Jupiter in their airways.
[/random infodump]))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61