Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64668 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #540 on: January 24, 2009, 06:53:00 pm »

Nel'ulos was meditating. things were looking grim. as of right now the winning side seems to be entirely dependent upon Yaven'gans "secret plan". he wished he could know what it is. but Yaven'gan didn't seem to be in any mood for revealing secret plans. so instead to take his mind off what seemed to be impending doom Nel'ulos decided to take part in something that was rare of him.
conversation. Nel'ulos turned to Yaven'gan. "so... nice weather we're having."
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 24, 2009, 07:44:36 pm »

"Indeed. I do hope our enemies attack soon, I grow weary of waiting."

At the same time, in the desert near Mount Eto:

The only large city the scouts had seen within the entire desert lay before them, Khaven. Due to its location, where the only thing the populace had to worry about was the occasional bandit raid, they had never bothered to build strong defenses. Within the city lived approximately twenty thousand people, and a few thousand more in the outlying farms.

Now the farms lay deserted, their inhabitants either dead or fleeing to the city, as the great army marched forward. Apep had been ordered to show no mercy, and he did not intend to do so.

The attack would consist of only two legions, one from the north and one from the south. He would lead the northern one personally.

He sent the second legion to the south of the town, to wait for his signal, and marched with the first towards the city gates. When he reached them he called out to the enemy: "Surrender now and pledge your lives to Yaven'Gan, and you will be spared! What say you?"

Their answer was obvious, a dozen javelins were hurled at him and broke upon his armor and his skin. Apep spoke no more, he simply smashed down the gates with a single blow and ordered the first legion forward. The demons surged through the now open gate and started slaughtering the enemy. The dragons were too big to fit through the gate and took flight, breathing fire upon the soldiers on the walls.

Soon the southern army joined them in the assault, they flew over the walls and attacked the enemy from behind. Trapped between the two legions the enemy fell like flies, and soon they had to retreat to the central keep. There all the civilians had taken refuge as well.

Apep broke down the keep doors and walked inside, he was not even scratched by the hundreds of arrows that were fired upon him. As the enemy infantry charged him he swung his axe, cleaving several in half and sending others flying through the air, it did not take long for the enemy to try to flee, they tried to claw their way up the walls, to get away from this monster. It was all in vain though, and soon they lay dead, killed by Apep's axe or the many demons who had started to pout into the courtyard.

He ordered the demons inside, to take anything of value and bring with them anyone still alive. This city did not possess many riches, but they found numerous people inside, and they were led outside the city gates. Apep looked them over and noticed that one was wearing a crown and hugging a small child, the local ruler, no doubt. The ruler noticed that Apep was looking at him and started to beg:

"Please! Spare us! We have done nothing wrong!"
"You were given a chance to become servants of Lord Yaven'Gan, and you responded with defiance, that warrants death."
"Please, at least spare the children, they should not be punished for our actions!" When he said this he hugged his child tighter.
Apep reached out and took the child from him. He studied it closely.
"Please..."
Then he threw it to a dragon, who quickly devoured it.
The child's father collapsed into a sobbing heap on the ground.
Apep looked at the demons and said only two words: "No mercy"

The blood ran like a river through the sand.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 08:47:09 pm by Jay Kayell »
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 24, 2009, 08:51:22 pm »

((Oh. Suppose it makes sense for it to work that way. Permission to take back last action? Ru and Ur are split-personalities of the same person, so it wouldn't work to have one as an NPC and one as a PC. New plan is to make more monsters. Perhaps something with lots of eyeballs. And some giants.))

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 24, 2009, 09:01:40 pm »

Apura took on a dry tone as she watched the scene of carnage in Primordia's barrens. "Yevan'Gan. Lord of cowardice and slovenly wrath, the hardness of head your creations exhibit is worthy of all praise."

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 24, 2009, 09:07:36 pm »

(Grek, permission granted. :P

Also, if you attack me before I come back could you please avoid taking any other action after attacking? I need to explain my grand "Secret Plan" to you in classical evil mastermind style.)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 24, 2009, 09:08:49 pm »

((I'm all for giants and eyeballs. Maybe cyclopses? Also, this war is giving me more subjects, so I'm not really complaining.))

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 24, 2009, 09:16:08 pm »

((Ready for attack. Eyeball monsters and giants will come later.))

"Wayock, are You ready to assualt Yaven'Gan in Nessus? Erif will be able to handle the campaign on Primordia."

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 24, 2009, 09:18:51 pm »

"ur-ru and Wayock are preparing to assault you on your own turf Yaven'gan. shall i lead the charge on primordia?"

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 24, 2009, 09:24:31 pm »

"Things are going according to plan then. Go to Primordia, gather what followers you have and tell them to join my army in the desert near Mount Eto. Wait for me there, I shall join you shortly, and then the world shall be ours."

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 24, 2009, 09:32:14 pm »

in a flash of lightning Nel'ulos was gone from the battlefield.
at the same time in a flash of lightning Nel'ulos appeared on his mountain range before the original clan of Behemoths. "Behemoths! i have come to you in need of your aid! i am to take part in a great battle! all who are ready to aid there god in battle come forth!" then in about an hour about 30,000 Behemoths had come from the surrounding clans all armed to the teeth. "thank you for your timely assistance. who is prepared for battle?" a mighty roar came up from the crowd and seemed like it would go on forever until Nel'ulos silenced it. say good-bye to your loved ones then, and come. in one more flash of lightning Nel'ulos and all his behemoths appeared at the battlefield.
just then Nel'ulos remembered he decided he wouldn't involve his creations.
oh well...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 24, 2009, 09:34:40 pm »

((I'm still waiting for NUKE to ask questions, and to request aid so I can get into the game.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 24, 2009, 09:46:44 pm »

Wayocks army was gathered before him, 4 million and 1, Erif being that one. All of them were armed and armored, all were blooded warriors.

"Attacking Nessus is too risky Erif, I will open a portal to Primoridia, set up fortifications there, let any and all who wish to help, help."

Wayock stepped down and placed his hand upon the ground  and lifted it, a glowing portal appeared.

"I cannot hold it for long, GO!"

The horde of war marched through.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 24, 2009, 09:49:39 pm »

A pale human hand reaches up through the dirt in front of the Behemoths. It claws the ground, and the dirt around it crumbles as another arm appears. Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa pulls himself up out of the dirt in front of the Behemoth army. He dusts off his typical outfit of white clothes and a blindfold, and addresses them;

"Behemoths, your twisted creator has brought you here to fight alongside demons. Throughout your history, you have valued freedom and discovery above all else. The cruel Demon-God Yaven'Gan, who Nel'ulos has allied with, leads an army of mindless slaves against Primordia. He is attempting to kill innocent beings so he might rule the world of the living with an iron fist. Your god asks you to help Yaven'Gan."

"He is asking you to betray your ideals, and throw away all that your clan has ever worked for or held dear. He wants you to fight against freedom. He wants you to die to steal freedom from the world. Wasn't he supposed to shelter you from harm, like a good creator? Obviously, he doesn't care about you."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa, having just said something very, very demoralizing, climbs back into the hole he emerged from and disappears.

((Think about it, Dragooble. It isn't too late.))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 02:32:07 am by inaluct »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 24, 2009, 10:04:04 pm »

Nel'ulos sighed as he watched Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa (damn i cant spell that without copy/pasting) disappear. "are the things that god have said really true? you the behemoths, are prepared to conquer lands to discover them, and expand your reach. that's exactly what you're doing now. and what are demons really? just more creatures like you. and why should you listen to him? hes god of the underworld! a similar position to Yaven'gan. not the same granted. similar. and if you die? you have the whole of the underworld to discover. if some of you wish to go home now... well i will not stop you...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 24, 2009, 10:27:52 pm »

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa, hearing another opportunity to warn the Behemoths, crawls back out of the hole.

"You won't get to expand your knowledge if Yaven'Gan wins. He unflinchingly kills innocents already. What makes you think he would hesitate to kill you when the rest of his enemies are gone? He wouldn't. And would you really kill others for no reason? If you allied with the rest of them against Yaven'Gan, they would gladly share their knowledge and help you travel to distant lands. With them dead, incomparably large amounts of knowledge will be taken away from the living world forever."

"And your god compares me to Yaven'Gan, insinuating that I am evil. Right after that, he tells you that you'll get to explore the underworld if you die. He has literally just told you that if you die, you will fall into the hands of a god that he himself calls "similar" to Yaven'Gan. I am not a cruel god, but the simple fact that Nel'ulos is saying that allowing a god that he considers evil to rule over you should make it clear that he is either horribly misguided, or he has no love for his own creations."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa turns to Nel'ulos;

"And why do you help Yaven'Gan? Why do you accuse me of being evil when I act with the best interests of innocent beings in mind? Here you have brought your creations to fight against their ideals and help a cruel demon king. Such actions are insane. It isn't too late to see the reality of the situation. Help the others; bring your army against Yaven'Gan. If they must fight, at least set them to fight for what they truly believe in. If you do not, they may very well curse your name when you have finished here."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa steps towards Nel'ulos and reaches out his hand.

"It is not too late to become one of the benevolent gods, Nel'ulos. Haven't you always wanted the best for your creations? If you continue here, you will only hurt them."
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61