Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64684 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #480 on: January 22, 2009, 09:32:41 am »

(hey, Nuke, glad to see i finally have someone to fight against! dont expect me to go easy on you :P oh and call the gemchildren 'gemchildren' or whatever you want, Gemma Liberi is only the scientific and official name, exactly like Homo Sapiens is for humans. But remember, the gem children rebels do not have access to more than the most basic of my magic. Also, dont expect to get into the Hub, I am one of its controllers and i refuse to let you in. EDIT: Unless if you somehow defeat me and manage to get a glimpse of the Codex ofcourse)

Zyenild was very annoyed. It was true that he was thankful to the God of Beauty for giving this new 'class' system to his people, thus insureing better productivity, but another god's interference was starting to ruin all his work. This new entity, what was it doing? It had sprung from that other evil god's realm, and it had started roaming the world as if it was a mere mortal. Not only that, but it even went as far as helping the rebellious clans of the gem children, starting with the Saphire Tunnel clan. Who was this Insurgo or whatever to decide what HE, Zyenild, did with HIS OWN creations??? But whatever he did, he didnt have the power of the flows to give to rebellious clans. Although some of the rebellious clans had stolen tiny bits of arcane knowledge from the clans following Fan-Hondak, they wouldnt be able to get anymore without he himself giving it to them.

Zyenild approached Primordia, and called out to this new god, Insurgo, "You new entity, who do you think you are? I am Zyenild, the lord and creator of these creatures. You say you want them to have free will, but what is free will when they do not know what to do with it? I am guiding them, i gave them magic, and knowledge, and now want to unify them to face all other oppostion. Seperated, they are weak, together, they are strong. So why do you not want to help me unite them against the hords of Yaven'Gan instead of weaken them and insure their loss? I will even allow the Gem Children to worship other gods as they wish, to insure all their diverse prayers are answered, as long as they stay loyal to me first above all other gods. Any who refuse, I will consider impurities in my vision of perfection, and they will be cleansed. If you continue helping the rebels, you will be cleansed too."

Not waiting for its answer, as it might take a long time to come, Zyenild appeared to Fan-Hondak in vision once more. He instructed him to start work on a new creation, something that might be used in the future conflict, wether it was against the demon hordes or the damned rebels. He would NOT allow ANYONE to hinder his plans!

And thus, Fan-Hondak retreated to his study, leaving his leader duties to some subordinates. For 13 days and 13 nights he toiled, and finally stepped out again. In his hand, he held a staff, inlaid with many hundreds of gems arranged in intricate patters. The Staff of the Archmagus. Many of the larger gems were gems never before seen, as they were created by Fan-Hondak himself, with the guidance from Zyenild, by combining and rearranging other gems. That was the second tier of Magic, the Path of the Crystallurgist. This staff would be the first and most powerful of these magical weapons, atleast for now.

((Create Artifact: Staff of the Archmagus. Can be used to surpress the ennemies magic completely, and to increase allies magics to extreme levels. 3PP
Teach Populace: Staff/wand/etc creation. Used to store spells and power better ones. None are as poweful as the Staff of the Archmagus as they arent artifacts, but they are much easier to produce en mass and thus are not unique. 1PP
Teach Populace: Crystallurgy. Thus, better gems could now be created, gems that no other clan could have as they werent naturally found gems and making them required Zyenild's own magic. This insured an even greater chance of victory over puny rebel clans. 1PP
1PP left. will be used to rid me of Insurgo if i see the need to do so.))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 09:38:35 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 22, 2009, 10:32:51 am »

"The concept of duels between races is massively injust. It assumes not only that the two races are equal in individual strength, but also in their focus on individual prowess. This is unfair, easily exploited, and will stunt all societies that engaged in it. If total war is unacceptable, at least some other way should be found, one that is fair and equal, allowing all strengths and weaknesses to come into play."

"I propose the concept of Astral Combat. By this means, races will be able to fight for supremacy on a level battlefield through structured but open means, without causing physical harm or destruction of real property."

"All races will be able to engage in it subconsciously, during dormant or restful periods if possible, and the prosperity of their real domains will reflect their success or failure, so that losers are merely marginalized and assimilated rather than conquered or wiped out. Duels can still be used to finalize specific claims, if both parties agree to this method of resolving their differences."

"Actually, that's a pretty good idea. I don't think we need to waste Strength creating this brand new Concept, modify the Concept of Duels/War to include Astral Combat as a lesser form of 'duels'."

(Oh, and my Education plane is also connected to the Hub, but is defended by...um...something. In any event, I assumed Axiom sealed it all off, right? I mean, I'm sure Axiom doesn't trust any of us.

Hm. I am going to spend 2 PP creating my own champions? But I got bacteria...Unless...well...)

EDIT: The God of Progress smiled as he pulled out his observation notes of Axiom's Creations, the ones he has taken when he attempted to recruit them to serve in his prayer bureacracy. "Since Astral Combat will be occuring, it seems that I need a new champion to help defend the cause of Progress.

I choose you, Axiom's Creation 0.5!"

(2 PP Axiom's Creation 0.5: Axiom's Creations 0.5 is a poor copy of Axiom's Creations. You know what Axiom's Creations are, right? Perfect beings, semi-immortal, utterly good, having free will, etc. Well, Axiom's Creations 0.5 has a major flaw. It is devoted towards 'Progress', and it is also a little more perfect than the Gods, not superly more perfect. In a match between Axiom's Creations 1.0 and Axiom's Creation 0.5, 0.5 won't have a chance!)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:44:22 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 22, 2009, 07:05:27 pm »

The behemoths had begun spreading out across the mountains searching for new things and then attempting to explain them. most of the time they were wrong but they were developing a culture, and this greatly pleased Nel'ulos as he watched from Lu.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 22, 2009, 08:28:13 pm »

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa sits at a desk with a nameplate saying "Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa, King of The Underworld." He twiddles his thumbs briefly before grabbing a piece of paper and writing a short note; "Insurgo, you can count on me offering life at least some choice. Also, I was talking about the necessity of pain as an analogy meant to show how ironic it was that Axiom's creations would assist you in spreading knowledge and discovery. - Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa"

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa folds up the letter and puts it in an envelope with a picture of a cute little ghost and the words "From the Desk of The Underworld" on it. He calls in one of the dead and asks him to deliver it to Insurgo, and dead messenger departs.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 22, 2009, 08:29:44 pm »

The Narrians trained and trained, they expanded and bred. The young man was now in his old age, Wayock had gathered Narrians for the sole purpose of training Erif. He was now three-hundred and twenty, he was the greatest warrior in all history of the Narrians. One day he entered Wayocks study.

"Sir?"
"Yes, Erif?"
"Why... Why have I not died? This is unnatural."
"As I told you, I have plans for you, death would stop those plans. As long as you are a direct servant to me you will never die from old age."

Wayock quickly picked up a scroll, the scroll was metres long, from his study, on it where many numbers with a total number at the bottom.

"Erif, on this bit of parchment is every warrior fit for battle in Nar, it lists their race, name, the weapons they are best in, whether they can fight in a unit, who they give their loyalty to, apart from me.

How many do you think are in Nar?"

"I.. I don't know sir."
"Three million, five-hundred and sixty-three thousand, two-hundred and four. All these warriors are blooded and experienced. There is about 10,000 on Primoridia, who are not fit for battle.

Narrians are very fast breeding Erif, faster breeding then the warriors in the great army ((Jay Kayells army)). We need this 'advantage' although we have generally better equipment his army is stronger physically.

Now, other gods have tried to prevent damage to physical possessions, or lives by coming up with things such as duels or 'astral combat'. I disagree, however the leader of the great army may or may not disagree, that is why I'm training you to be the best of the best, you will be my champion - but not yet."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 22, 2009, 09:00:44 pm »

((It's still wrong NUKE, just pleas don't write my actions for me ok?))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 22, 2009, 10:14:44 pm »

"Wayock, are you almost ready? I only have one more thing to create before it's time to grant your Erif the power he'll need."

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 22, 2009, 11:02:34 pm »

Nel'ulos looked across to Wayocks domain in nar, and realized how little contact he had made with the other gods. Wayocks numbers were vast but Yaven'gans demons were strong. it was obvious Wayocks only advantage was mass numbers. if Yaven'gan had more fighters he could easily overpower Wayock.
yes, he could gain more by siding with Yaven'gan.
Nel'ulos stood up. He wouldnt involve his recent creations. not yet anyway.
no he would aid Yaven'gan a different way.
"Yaven'gan! i extend my aid to you!"
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 22, 2009, 11:31:37 pm »

Long ago, my children, the God Ur sat and brooded in His realm, waiting for Wayock to finish with the mortal champion Erif. He decided to relax His nerves by inventing a new game for Himself: fishing. He gazed downwards into the heavens and selected a fine beam of moonlight for himself and wove in into thread. Then He plucked a letter from an alphabet and tied it to the string as a hook. That is why there are gaps between words. With His hook and line, he set out to fish, catching a great number of things. He nodded and was pleased, for it was a fine game. He decided to show a few mortals the trick of making fishing lines and the fine sport of catching things on a hook. Ur was disappointed to find out that the mortals always seemed hungry and wouldn't stop catching things swimming in the ocean and eating them. He shook His head and departed.

((Create artifact: Ur's Hook. It's a fishing hook that catches just about anything, not just fish. Not a weapon, at least in the traditional sense, so no +1 to fighting.
Teach populace: Fishing.))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 23, 2009, 12:02:41 am »

"Hmm... Yaven'gan, what the purpose of your army? It hasn't been made clear to me."

"Ur, if we want to win, we must create larger and stronger creatures to battle against the threat! What aid will you give me? Will you only give me artifacts for my exarch? One warrior cannot defeat an army. I need your creatures, or you to create creatures to fight in the upcoming war!"
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 12:06:10 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 23, 2009, 12:05:21 am »

CONQUER PLANET

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 23, 2009, 12:08:54 am »

"Lord of the Dead! What say you? Will your legions of the dead prevent Yaven'gan from dictating Primoridia? Will you keep it FREE?"
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 12:24:57 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 23, 2009, 12:10:14 am »

"Who the hell is Inaluct?"

"Anyway, I'll consider it."

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 23, 2009, 12:11:14 am »

"Remember, only Duels and Astral Combat! Remember, I defined the Concept of War, so I do not want to see people committing terrible acts of destruction and mayhem. Let make this clean and let make this just.

If you want to stop Yaven'Gan, just use your Strength, challenge him to a duel, and win. Repeat this every 3 Cycles."
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 23, 2009, 12:25:38 am »

"No, duels and astral combat are just options, I AM the god of war, am I not? I believe I know my own."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61