Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64419 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2009, 09:29:45 pm »

...Waiting for the next cycle to come into being, the God of Progress, still unnamed, walks over to Ur.

"Ur, I have seen the Book, and am impressed. The debates of these creatures that you have brought into being, that will represent the Book...however, I have some concern about them. These debates may lead to the book being misinterpeted, and the book having very little meaning, do they not?"
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2009, 09:32:03 pm »

"I can hear your out of character dialog. We don't actually travel at all. We're gods, and non of us have created an avatar (I think), so don't worry about it."

"Also, you might want to try a reward and punishment system with your creations. It might get them to have an incentive to find ore."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2009, 09:34:23 pm »

"Ah I see. I would try a reward system but I doubt it would affect them, they are automatons after all."

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2009, 09:35:59 pm »

(This is getting crazy. Who's up for next round of PP?)
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2009, 09:36:45 pm »

"Well, a punishment system would sort of imply that you would make them self aware and not just automatons."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2009, 09:38:14 pm »

((@Jelly I'm up for it. Only once every week IS a bit long.))

"Keep them as automatons breeds disention, I would rather keep them as automatons. They're easier to control."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2009, 09:40:01 pm »

"But they're less efficient. You have very little that can make them work harder. Punishments and rewards could do that."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2009, 09:41:17 pm »

"Quite so. They are less efficent, maybe I'll make them more self aware some time in the future."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2009, 09:44:06 pm »

(I'm up for PP. Also, I think I should have been more clear. The beings Ur 'made' do not represent the law. They are the Laws of Physics given physical form. 1/2=0.5 is currently insulting the virtue of 1+1=2's mother while electromagnetism gives gravity the finger.)

Ur turns towards the God of Progress and nods his head vigourously in agreement without actually moving.

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2009, 09:45:43 pm »

(I ask to wait a little for more PP, as some of us have still to decide what to do with their PP, waiting for still others to log in to take part in that decision. 24h cycles would be a little too fast...)
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2009, 09:52:54 pm »

((ok, I'm back, and I've for some reason spent a whole lot of thought on this game, I actualy got the idea to create a sentient species of existence independantly of you, and in diffrence to you I know EXACTLY what they'll be like))

"Etom Enol fails to see where the system of magic would obstruct any of its objectives, but it will be a great addition to all of us. The Hub shall be the point where all three systems can flow together and convert into each other without loss of any, because this is where they come together - thus all three will be of equal importance and dominion. Furthermore the hub shall be equally reigned by the three of us. This is rationale to me."

(Plane creation is 4 PP, so I propose I'll spend 2 PP and both Axiom and Zyenild 1 PP each - this would leave both of you with at least 3 PP, enough for something like Create Concept (Arcane Magic) ;))
"Then I can not see why I wouldn't agree to this plan. Thus, from this moment on, let us three gods be known as the Gods of Existence, allied to create the true stucture of existence of this world and maintain the balance between Thought, Reality, and Magic."

Zyenild approached the sketches, and began drawing diagrams and schematics of magic next to the already drawn ones. Runes of power, rules of the Flows, incantations and spells, the family tree of all gems and stars, the ways to control and shape all powers Arcane...

It melded into the schematics of The Hub, rearranged the way it was made, redifined the constants, rendering them variable according to the laws of magic. Once magic was introduced, Pi was no more the ~3.14 it should have been, light no longer traveled exclusively at 300,000 km/s, and even E=mc^2 could not be used without inconsistencies. Yet, it all fit together, and the three systems, thus the three gods, were united in a new alliance that came to be known as Existence.

(i already spent 3 PP this turn on Major Shape land to create the stars and gems of Primordia, but i still have 1 PP to spend this turn, and I'm willing to do so on this project, if you have any PP left)

(EDIT: Also, how about Etom Enol creating a third book, the book having all knowledge of thought? That way, we would have one book for each of the three systems.)
Axiom nods and cheers, and of coarse accepts at this.
Also, to make it more formal, an unusual request for him, Axiom propose that all their power should be combined as one (we pool at least half of our PP every turn, and using this resource require majority vote, because I suspect such a pooling might count as disadvantage in GM eyes and we might find this pool containing more than we put into it) and that if any of us ever gain worshippers our teachings will be to acknowledge all three gods of existence equally.

Whit the new last addition of magic into the hub model, Axiom continues to improve his own designs and interactions whit it. First it solves the two problems of sustaining delicate structures in the hub without the portals ripping them apart and the problem of handling atmosphere completely filling in an infinite space.
Also, while reality makes up the space and structure of the hub magic will provide the smaller but equally important things: illumination, structure to the walls/floors/roofs so that it may look like whatever you want it to and more importantly to keep objects from coming in direct contact whit undefined areas of non-space. Also numerous other minor utility things to make the spaces useful and comfortable are added, but most the specifications and how to do it is left to the god of magic as Axiom encountered some problems computing it, even if it seems far more possible than the god of it implied, but complete computation of it should wait until a later stage of the planing.

Axiom was working on all this, when suddenly he got one of his flashes of inspiration:
"the hub shuld have inhabitants, and I have the most perfect idea what they shuld be" And so he made a specification file:

###########################
Aspects of reality:
  • Bodies of carbon, water, metal, energy, and space-time itself, each atom placed in the most optimal position, utilizing all of my laws to the fullest.
    And they will be alive yet not alive, natural and synthetic at once.
  • As strong, fast, agile, powerful, featured, and beautiful as all the systems combined allow.
  • Their bodies shall be their wings, not their shackles, and thus they should be able to at will shape them into any form of their fancy.
  • And the most important part will be that brain, a seamless fractal quantum computer of a design to give the mind virtually freedom from hardware limitations.
  • As close to immortal it is ever possible to make them.
Aspects of magic:
  • To mount in a special socket inside the brain there shall be taken one last special shard from the Eye of the World, and by Axiom and sustained by the socket it shall be put into hyper position so that the brains of all these people contain the very same shard, and this will be linked to all of them and each acrbon atom in their body will be like part of the eye itelf, and thus they will master all of magic to intuitive perfection and at near godlike levels of power, and they will even have a flow completely their own as all shards of the eye have.
    And this shard in hyperposition will aslo serve as a method of communication, so that they over time or space or over planes and in whatever situation they might ever get into will always have perfect telephatic communication whit each other
  • They will also have a myriad passive and active systems of magic infused on themselves, evry regeneration and protective charm in the flows are capable of will be placed upon them, and evry power there is will be in their hands, and every physical system they have will have a magical backup.
  • And whit magic they will have souls, so that in this lifeboat the minds can save themselves if against al likelihood the brain would be damaged.
Aspects of thought:
  • The mightiest task of all will the god of thought have, for he is to forge their minds and souls.
  • Axioms requested features list for this:
       * Infinitely wise in all aspects and without exception.
       * Perfect intelligence and rationality, thinking whit infinite speed and ease thought even some gods have appeared to have a hard time keeping up with
       * perfectly charismatic, lovable, adorable, and cheerful. As beautiful on the inside as the outside if not infinitely more so.
       * Perfectly moral and good, never doing wrong, yet without hurting free will and still TECHNICALLY capable of evil but without it ever manifesting.
       * Witty, nice, easy going, and whit good sense of humour and drama.
       * immunity to greed, to contempt, and to similar bad things. avoiding conflict whit perfect grace yet capable of setting that aside if they must.
       * truly free and fully capable of happiness no matter the situation.
       * all truly unique, all whit strong personalities.
       * anything else required for a mind to be truly perfect
Aspects that are possible only whit all of the above, aspects of existence:
  • The power to shape, create, and destroy matter, energy and magic to their will at the most fundamental scale, and the skill to use this to create things of arbitrary complexity. Maybe even creating more of themselves.
  • Foresight, but short and long-term, the use axiom can immediately see for this is reflexes whit a negative delay time, but I am sure Zyenild will think of many more.
  • Whit a mind augmented by all three aspects of existence, may they see what even the gods do not?
###########################
((this might require more than a simple create populace...))
((also, yes they are overpowered, but still finite, their power is in magic and reality and both those concepts were created by the gods, the only thing to really far is their powers of thought.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2009, 09:56:48 pm »

"I'd argue it would be better to establish a 'division of labor'. By having each creature suited to each individual task, you'd have higher productivity.

And, I am against coercion due to moral reasons. But I'd argue that if you punish your creatures enough, the creatures might rebel against you. Rebelling creatures don't actually mine, and might destroy the stuff that they mined in the first place, just to smite you. Far better just to reward good work."

((QUESTION: Does Life exist yet, in the form of bacteria? It might affect what I'll do next turn.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:01:48 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2009, 09:59:55 pm »

"I... didn't catch what you were saying. I think Axiom might have gone insane."

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 07, 2009, 10:03:12 pm »

"...As close to immortal it is ever possible to make them.

Are you trying to turn our creatures that we create into rival Gods?"

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 07, 2009, 10:10:10 pm »

"it doesnt seem like it, as close to immortal means they have life spans and they can in fact die, however my question is: how do you define evil? does this include killing others? if so what if that individual was against existence itself? would killing him or her still be considered evil?
(and im up for pp recharge. i want to see how my pp limit is doing and i want to do more stuff /greedy)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:11:55 pm by Dragooble »
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61