Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64554 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2009, 01:02:55 am »

Wayock upon hearing no other reply, travelled towards the large stone with water, water was new to him. He went down to the waters edge near the land and put one foot in, it didn't even go over his foot, it was mildly cold, not discomfortable but different. He strode into the water more, until he lost sight of all land around him, there he thought, "Maybe this is a good place." Then he gripped his axe, folded his hands over the top of the blade and the wooden pole and slammed the but of the axe into the ocean and into the ocean floor, nothing happened immediatly but soon an island rose from the water, with a depression in the middle, with slopes going down tes, there were no volcanic activity to be seen. ((Shape Land - Minor - 1PP, 3PP left.)) But it needed... Something. Then he thought of it, it needed plants and other creatures of his own, he got his short swords and cut different hairs from all over his body and carefully planted them in the ground of the island, soon they changed colour from red to greens and browns, the island was lush and the depression in the mountain in the middle of the mountain was filled with water, fresh water. ((Nourish Land - 1PP 2PP left.))

He then heard a few voices booming across the land, greeting him also.

((
4PP
Shape Land - Minor - 1PP
Nourish Land - 1PP
2PP
))

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2009, 01:16:31 am »

Undisturbed by the new gods, Etom Enol carefully watched and assessed Axiom's designs.

"What a splendid thought. Kudos to you."

Then it began to make up an additional sketch next to the one of Axiom, linking equivalent parts of both designs with lines beyond space. Somehow, both sketches seemed to work together flawlessly.

The infinte yet limited topology was extended by a fractal space, rotating in imaginary time, and equally divided into three areas. Every one of these areas shall be the dominion of one of the creators of the Hub, acting as a portal to a plane the god decides, or being blocked at his discretion. This space shall be the sky of the Hub, at least for those inside of it who actually manage to look outside by phasing on the imaginary dimension of time.

"I wonder what Zyenild thinks of this."
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2009, 01:21:15 am »

Ur yelled a number of things which were afterwards left unsaid, all of them cordial and friendly, aside from the ones which were actually rather rude.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2009, 01:26:28 am »

"Ur, is it?"
"Try and find a space in this realm where we can understand you. The Arbiters' Grounds are good nexus of power."
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2009, 01:34:57 am »

The weather was slowly getting cold, he heard in the distance voices of what he sensed great beings.

Great beings like himself.

But that was another task, for now he set himself to create beasts that would do his every command. ((Create Beasts 2 PP)) He grabbed rocks from out of the side of the mountain and made a small cave. He gave the rocks life and they came to life in short, fat and immortal people with rock for skin, they had large claws for digging and 9 fingers and 2 thumbs split equally on 2 hands. "Go.. Find the copper in the mountain." And placed the creatures, about 10 or so into the cave, they immediatly went searching for copper, of which they knew about from what Wayock gave them.

((
2PP
Create Beasts 2 PP
0 PP
))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2009, 01:39:50 am »

"Yes yes! And then maybe..." Axiom continues to tweak his own model whit this new extension, among other things making also time in the main of the hub scalable (so by walking thought the portals you can make yourself move faster or slower thought time relative others), and another minor tweak to make the fractals more diverse ( all in this list and infinite more, for example) without damaging ease of navigation, and also alowing the god specific space to be effortlessly dipped in and out of the main area like opening and closing a door and connecting seamlessly to infinite amounts of the portals at once. And many other things mostly minor ones.

Only once he looked up, and was unsettled by the new ones but not much so, however it DID make an idea begin to form in his head but it wouldn't be done for some time yet...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2009, 01:41:09 am »

As other gods created beings that would argue or labor for them, Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa smirked.

Soon, someone would invariably create pleasure or discomfort.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2009, 01:58:15 am »

"Something troubles me" Tevorak said in it's gravelly voice.
"Why has the lord of Chaos and Darkness not recently acted? I fear that these skyfires burn away most darkness."
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2009, 02:39:16 am »

Zyenild was baffled. He had spent countless ages working on the perfect explanations to all that was, is, and will be, all guided by the powers of the Gods and of the Flows of Magic. But now, this new being, this Axiom, had appeared and completely remade and rearranged all the rules of this world... yet somehow, the old rules of the Flows were still valid, else the Gods themselves would have ceased to exist...

He examined his crystals in the sky, his stars. They had all been changed, and adhered to the new 'particle' system Axiom had defined. Even the Eye was different, more... defined. Yet they retained their Flow relations and properties...

Zyenild decended from the heavens among the stars to the Arbiters' Grounds, were the Book of What Is sat. He opened it, and opened the Codex of Arcana, which he always held on him, which he had written himself, documenting every single aspect of everything related to the Flows of Magic. Nothing, absolutely NOTHING, connected between the two tomes' lore. The two books preached direct opposites, teached radically different and un-unitable concepts. It was simply impossible to connect any aspect of both systems of existence. And yet, they co-existed...

Zyenild did not understand. And for the first time, he didn't really WANT to understand. His system sufficed to explain the world, and the new system sufficed too. So, why bother learning both? He was more than satisfied with his. The only problem for him, was that he now felt how much more effect the new system was having on Primordia, as Axiom had defined his structure on it directly, while Zyenild had not. He would have to structure and impose his own system on Primordia, too, lest Magic never appear and never be available on this new world.

(basically, I'll have to do a 'Create Concept: Arcane Magic' next turn)

Turning to Etom Enol and Axiom, he examined the designs... He was completely confused. "I do not see how I could include any of my system in your designs, as I do not understand much of these new rules and structures you wish to define... However, I am willing to try to help, as long as you agree that all three systems of thought, magic, and reality, shall have an equal reign in both The Hub and Primordia."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 02:47:10 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2009, 02:41:16 am »

"But," Berridan observed to Tevorak, "In all places the fires of the sky are absent or obstructed, the darkness is made all the more... emphasized? Yes, that seems a fitting word. It is more noticeable than when there was only darkness, is it not?"
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2009, 02:59:43 am »

"I agree, Zyenild, together they shall form an unity: existence"
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2009, 03:14:12 am »

"Etom Enol fails to see where the system of magic would obstruct any of its objectives, but it will be a great addition to all of us. The Hub shall be the point where all three systems can flow together and convert into each other without loss of any, because this is where they come together - thus all three will be of equal importance and dominion. Furthermore the hub shall be equally reigned by the three of us. This is rationale to me."

(Plane creation is 4 PP, so I propose I'll spend 2 PP and both Axiom and Zyenild 1 PP each - this would leave both of you with at least 3 PP, enough for something like Create Concept (Arcane Magic) ;))
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2009, 03:26:03 am »

"Then I can not see why I wouldn't agree to this plan. Thus, from this moment on, let us three gods be known as the Gods of Existence, allied to create the true stucture of existence of this world and maintain the balance between Thought, Reality, and Magic."

Zyenild approached the sketches, and began drawing diagrams and schematics of magic next to the already drawn ones. Runes of power, rules of the Flows, incantations and spells, the family tree of all gems and stars, the ways to control and shape all powers Arcane...

It melded into the schematics of The Hub, rearranged the way it was made, redifined the constants, rendering them variable according to the laws of magic. Once magic was introduced, Pi was no more the ~3.14 it should have been, light no longer traveled exclusively at 300,000 km/s, and even E=mc^2 could not be used without inconsistencies. Yet, it all fit together, and the three systems, thus the three gods, were united in a new alliance that came to be known as Existence.

(i already spent 3 PP this turn on Major Shape land to create the stars and gems of Primordia, but i still have 1 PP to spend this turn, and I'm willing to do so on this project, if you have any PP left)

(EDIT: Also, how about Etom Enol creating a third book, the book having all knowledge of thought? That way, we would have one book for each of the three systems.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 03:32:36 am by Poltifar »
<@Akroma> eh

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2009, 04:08:52 am »

(I too have only one PP left. And I think Armok/Axiom also spent most of his PP this round. It will have to wait a little. Since I don't know what to do with my remaining PP I would not oppose suggestions on how to spend them should we need some more preperation. As for the book... yes, that seems appropriate.)

Seeing all three working on the forthcoming act of creation in agreement, Etom Enol snatched one of the Tevorim crystals and forced it into another shape, one to contain the concepts being written onto its surface. So the crystal became the Manifest of Thought, describing all that gives structure the ability to give it desires and to recognize and to compute and to think. All that is to be said about how thought manifests in both reality and magic combined, as well as how reality manifests in both magic and thought combined, as well as how magic manifests in both reality and thought combined. And how to manage all that is and is not without circumnavigating the own consciousness, by using the power of abstraction. That done, the text was abstract and short enough that even mortals could read it in a matter of moments, however most of them would need eons to understand, and some may never.

Pleased by its work, Etom Enol placed the Manifest of Thought below the GNU at the Arbiter's Grounds.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 04:12:53 am by duro »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2009, 04:26:10 am »

(Between the three of us, we have 3 PP remaining if we consider Axion used 'Create Concept'. So, how about... Create Populace? It might seem early to have sentient beings, but that should not be a problem, its a fantasy world afterall. Call them the 'Old Ones' or whatever, the first sentient race to walk Primordia, and the first to hold all three knoledwges of existance! If not, then how about atleast Create Beast to help create more advanced life?)

Zyenild looked at the Book of What Is, and at the Manifest of Thought, both placed on the Arbiter's Grounds for all to see and use. He didn't wish to share his own knowledge so freely with everyone, atleast not yet. Thus, he closed the Codex of Arcana, and held it in his right hand again as he had always held it with him.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 04:28:26 am by Poltifar »
<@Akroma> eh
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 61