Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141970 times)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #960 on: November 23, 2008, 02:35:04 am »

Penguins been busy today playing a GURPS game in IRC with me.. :O
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 23, 2008, 02:40:53 am »

In retrospect I should have checked. Yes he's in America.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 23, 2008, 09:53:54 am »

GURPS is distracting. Too fun.

But I'll get the RTD out today.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 23, 2008, 12:48:44 pm »

Turn 14
Since I didn't do that great of a job with the head monk, I try to heal him the rest of the way, or if he succumbs once again, I'll try to resurrect him again.  Hope he doesn't mind too much..
5. You use your weak healing patterns and manage to heal his ribs, although his arm and leg are still broken. Your healing powers level up.

I fly up the stairs on a cushion of air. weee!
2+1. You try to summon a cushion of air to fly up on, but can't manage to create anything, as Vibgyor flashes and changes to a pale pink color (healing powers) before you can do anything. You then just walk up the stairs normally, with your golem following you.

I'll practice my swordsmanship skills on a goblin lawyer.
4. You stab at Goblin Lawyer B with your sword, (dodge=2-1, damage=6-5) chopping him into two pieces, killing him.

I try my best to make my Skelephant stop using itself as fuel. I tell my elephant to get in a defensive position next to me so if me or him get attacked he can defend (hopefully giving him a bonus? :D )
You order your elephant to get into a defensive position, and it does so (+1 defense, -1 attack until the end of this turn).
2+1. You charge it slightly with your necromancy but cannot manage to stop its decay much, though it will not decay this turn.

Gaah! I quaff the healing potion!
In the meantime I yell at everyone to call 911. :P
4. You chug the potion and your heavy bleeding heals up. You become less pale, and you'll have all your color back next turn.
3. Nothing happens.
5. Your body absorbs some metal from the room and plates the soles of your feet with it (+2 defense against attacks involving properties of the ground, such as it heating up or being covered in acid. Giant spikes are not covered).

I attempt to grab Goblin C by the throat and break his neck. Brain damage me, will you?!
2. Goblin C evades you, laughing at your slightly slowed reflexes from brain damage.

I attempt to completely pierce through the chest of goblin A
As opening the umbrella is a free option, I open the umbrella inside his body, exploding the goblin into gore.
Opening the umbrella is only a free action when you're not using it as an attack or anything that will have a large effect on anything but you and the umbrella. Otherwise that kills the point of free actions. It can still be used as part of an attack, which you'll do occasionally (look a line or two down for an example of this happening).
6. You charge at Goblin A, with the tip of the umbrella pointed right at his chest (dodge=1-1), and you pierce him through completely, opening the umbrella with such force that you tear him apart, killing him painfully. The umbrella is now open.

I start teleporting around the third floor in search of the artifact.
6+1. You teleport, and suddenly find yourself in a large room filled with dozens of goblins. You prevent yourself from screaming, and hide behind a chair. You check your body to make sure you're still intact because you feel odd after the teleportation (ill effects=5, none).
You look around and notice that all the goblins are pictures on the walls, though they are all convincingly realistic. Each one has a little plaque beneath it, so you assume that these are goblin employees of the month or something.
You stand up and look towards the front of the room, where you see a huge chest, with a design on it to make it look like a ferocious beast. You see a faint glow from under its lid.
There is a closed door on the wall opposite of the giant box.

I heal next player or Allie that is most hurt or damage which is the head monk obvously.
1+2. You walk over to Jetman and attempt to heal his brain injuries, but you can't manage to do much. You manage to heal him a little, though (light brain damage, -1 thought, -1 magic).

b)If he is able to quaff it alone, I instead try to make another healing potion by transmuting some coffee from the coffee machine
6+1. You manage to find some coffee in the machine and transmute it into high-strength healing potions. You grab one, but see that there's still some left (enough for 3 potions left).
Grabbing them doesn't require the alchemy skill like making them does, so you non-alchemists might want one.

I try to learn the art of mimicking.
4. You give a passable impression of a sudowoodo and meditate in that position on the art of magically mimicking. You now have weak mimicking powers. They're not very effective, as you can only copy for 1/4 of the level of the person you're mimicking.

I attempt to affect a region of space with gravity(generally making everything fall upwards slowly, if possible), or, if I can't yet, I slam a gravity powered kick into the most deserving goblin(then stop safely, I hope)
Considering you can't really affect multiple targets yet, I won't do the region of space thing.
4+1. You use gravity manipulation to make yourself fall at Goblin Lawyer A, simply and almost effortlessly extending your leg. (dodge=2) You hit him square in the chest (damage=5) but don't damage him much.
Your gravity manipulation powers increase (+1 gravity manipulation).

I heal (1) Sean (2) Head Monk (3) Young Monk, Depending on which one needs it the most after the turns before mine.
You decide that the young monk hasn't gotten healed at all so you run over to help him.
5. You heal his back up and he stands, thanking you and preparing to fight. You now have strong healing powers (+1 healing).

2ba. If goblins are still not gone, I use thermal manipulation to turn one into an ice cube.
1. You turn to Goblin Lawyer A and prepare to thermally manipulate him, but Goblin C charges at you from behind, punching you (dodge=5) but you jump out of the way quickly.

I push goblin C off balance. If he falls, I use my free action to laugh at him.
2. You try to get near goblin C to push him, but he evades you.

The goblins stand around, as if they're waiting for something.
5. An announcement comes out of various speakers in each room that tells all goblins to report to the large meeting room. All the goblins slowly amble out of the various rooms as you watch, confused.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 11:56:51 am by penguinofhonor »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 23, 2008, 01:01:13 pm »

Wb Penguin!

Shouldn't I get 2 experience points since I got a 6 in alchemy?

Oh and someone should get the rest of the healing potion doses, put them in a bottle or something for when needed. Why let them go to waste?

For my action, I train my alchemy on simple objects, whetever is available. I preferably try to improve my long-range alchemy (or train long-range alchemy if I can't alchmize from afar already).

EDIT: Oh and shouldn't you also add that I now carry a dose of the potion?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 01:08:31 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 23, 2008, 01:09:23 pm »

I practice some more with my flail, that fight was pathetic.  :(

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 23, 2008, 01:13:11 pm »

If player or allies still need to be heal the I heal that player or Allies.
If not needing heal I practice Armoursmith skill again (maybe at least try get rid (-1) movement with the armour or constructer armour for someone else that needs one)
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 23, 2008, 01:27:03 pm »

I don't want to be around when the meeting coems to a decision

I try to find the artifact as quickly as possible.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 23, 2008, 01:47:08 pm »

Whew. Alright. If grabbing another potion is a free action, I do so (in case something goes wrong again), and in the meantime try again to look around in search of any magic occurences on the floor.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #969 on: November 23, 2008, 03:23:59 pm »

How much experience will I need to affect multiple targets?

I make one(or two) of the goblins fall through the roof.
Eh?
Eh!

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 23, 2008, 03:32:07 pm »

It's time to put that quarterstaff to good use.  I use it to thwack the nearest goblin into paste, hopefully working out how to use it in the process.

EDIT: D'oh, didn't notice everyone is gone.  I practice with my quarterstaff, then.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:36:21 pm by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 23, 2008, 03:38:54 pm »

I thank Omega and follow the goblins as fast as possible, yelling at the others to follow me and that we have them on the ropes etc.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 23, 2008, 03:53:17 pm »

What happened to my sword's +4 to damage(diminishing) and my +1 to accuracy?  Not to mention the experience for getting a 4.  Alright, with that I'm being picky, but I want that lawyer dead!

In any case for this next turn, I'll take one of the healing potions (free action), and work on my swordmanship.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 23, 2008, 04:02:29 pm »

Open the chest,grab whatever is inside.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 23, 2008, 05:07:20 pm »

I think I fixed your problem, Frelock. I think I fixed everyone's problems, but there's bound to be more.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 108