Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142013 times)

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #915 on: November 15, 2008, 07:27:18 pm »

Skill wise assume blacksmith can be ethier weapons or armor?
But I practice making armour since it help reduce damage done.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 15, 2008, 08:22:14 pm »

Also, now that I've looked it over again... The -1 to magic should be a -1 to thought, as neither ability was intended to be a magical effect. If I was looking for magic, I'd be going all-out, like elemental magics and the like. Peace.

I change my action to practicing hand to hand combat on the remaining goblins.

-and-

1a. If goblins are all gone, I go looking for the artifact, if in plain sight, I grab it.
1b. If goblins are not gone, I practice pyrokinesis on their faces.
2aa. If artifact is found, I grab it. If not, I check another room.
2ab. If artifact is grabbed by me, I try to find its abilities.
2ac. If artifact is grabbed by another, I practice thermal manipulation.
2ba. If goblins are still not gone, I use thermal manipulation to turn one into an ice cube.
2bb. If goblins are gone, 1a.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:05:54 pm by Devath »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 15, 2008, 08:36:08 pm »

Devath, thermal manipulation is definitely magic. It's like ice and fire manipulation combined, and it focuses on affecting multiple enemies by transferring heat between them.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 15, 2008, 09:40:56 pm »

Well then I just head up the stairs with my golem

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 15, 2008, 10:05:29 pm »

Perspective... meh. W/e. Just make sure to label all abilities as to your interpretation of their nature and stat, so that everythings clear from the get-go.

There are also fundamental differences between combustion and heat... but that's a different argument. So lets leave it at that.

((I'm pretty sure my problem is that "scientific wordy" is connected to a stat called "magic". "Power" might work as a generic multi-use term, but I'm not sure how you want to handle that, since that will generally make characters that focus solely on powers very vulnerable to the current handling of the overshot system. Making the system more set-in-stone can make the game either or both more fun and more tedious, so who knows. 'S'all up to you though.))
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 15, 2008, 10:28:50 pm »

If you train a bit more then you can get fewer overshots.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #921 on: November 16, 2008, 12:19:25 am »

I try REALLY HARD to make 2 goblins fall towards a wall instead of the floor.
Also, you forgot to update my skill level in the statuses.
Eh?
Eh!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 16, 2008, 03:08:48 am »

Turn 13
I brew a potion of greater healing from the anything-to-flesh potion, and quaff it.
Well the staff seems nice on me, being alchemically powered and all, but I guess I don't really need it, and I can count on Golgath to fight somegoblins with it, so I give the staff to him (free action, I think).
I don't want Sean or anyone to die, so I help him making his potion.
Sean: 2+2-1=3
Poltifar: 2+1=3
Though neither of you perform your alchemy well, you both cover each other's mistakes and make a medium healing potion.
Sean's mutations:
3. Nothing happens.
5. You sigh with relief as you feel the explosive stuff disappear from your bloodstream.

I take the staff from Poltifar if A:He wants to and B: If it is a free action. 
If it is a free action, I resurrect the head monk
You walk over to Poltifar and grab the staff.
4. You lean through the doorway and can see the head monk's body. You cast a resurrection spell and he shudders, then wakes. He screams in pain as he feels the shards of his ribs cutting into his organs, almost enough to kill him (-2 thought due to great pain, broken arm, -1 to survival rolls due to many broken ribs).
Your resurrection powers increase.

I insult the goblins in any way I can (free action :D ) and fuse the dead goblins body with my elephant in hopes of making my elephant stop deteriorating.
You shout insults at the goblins. They shout insults back.
1+1. The goblins' insults were superior to yours, so you couldn't concentrate on your spell.

I uppercut goblin C, as he is very annoying.
5. You fly at him with a powerful uppercut, (dodge=4) but he manages to jump away just in time.

Well then I just head up the stairs with my golem
2. You lose your way in the forest, but manage to find your way back on the path. You look towards the tree-stairway and sigh.
Vibgyor changes into light blue and gives you air manipulation.

I try to find something sharp and pointy, and somehow attach it to the tip of the umbrella
3. The only things you manage to find are pens, which wouldn't really be any different than the tip of the umbrella.

Imitating Theodor, I run up the stairs to the battle.

CHAAAAAAAARGE!!!!!!!
6+2. You charge up the stairs with the sword in your hands and leap out at Goblin Lawyer A, (dodge=5-1) who dodges your attack. The goblins begin to look worried at their predicament.

I switch to the third form of the amulet and tell my armadillo to distract one of the goblin when he tries to attack a player.
No action for yourself, Cyx?
The amulet flashes and turns into its third form.

Your armadillo prepares itself to interrupt the first attack it can find.

I walk into the meeting room and use my teleportation powers to fuse several goblins to each other by the hands.
5. Walking into the meeting room, you zap goblins C and A with teleportation magic (dodge=2), which they don't notice until they're joined by the hands (-1 to non-thought actions unless performing them on the same target). Your teleportation powers level up (+1 to teleportation).

But I practice making armour since it help reduce damage done.
Weaponsmithing, Armorsmithing, and Bowyering are three different skills. I borrow lots from DF.
6. You furiously study armorsmithing, then black out. You wake up and find yourself in the break room, and look around you. There are scraps of metal lying about. You go to move your arms and find it difficult. Looking down, you see you're wearing a suit of heavy titanium plate mail (heavy titanium cuirass for +1 defense, -1 dodge and heavy titanium greaves for +1 defense, -1 movement).
You're dazed from the event (-1 thought for two turns). You now have armorsmithing skills and a little experience on top of that.

I change my action to practicing hand to hand combat on the remaining goblins.
6. You enter a martial trance and charge at the goblins in a rage (no accuracy bonus, but you'll keep attacking until you miss), starting with goblin A, (dodge=2) who you hit in the chest (damage=5) but can't manage to harm, so you turn to goblin C (dodge=6) who swings goblin A at you (dodge=3) and you get hit, (damage=5, goblin A's damage=1) but goblin A's bones crack as he hits you (broken arm, broken leg for -1 movement, broken rib).
You now have the ability to attack an extra enemy with hand-to-hand combat as if you were dual-wielding (-1 accuracy to the second attack). Basically you're dual-wielding your hands.

I try REALLY HARD to make 2 goblins fall towards a wall instead of the floor.
You can only target one now. Stop being so greedy, everyone.
5. You slam goblin E into a wall (damage=2), breaking his arm (broken arm). Your gravity manipulation powers increase (+1 to gravity manipulation).

I stab any goblin that tries to attack the remaining monk, If none of them do I go after Goblin E.
5. You prepare to defend the younger monk.

Goblin Lawyer A decides to finish off the younger monk.
6. With a bloodthirsty look in his eyes, he flies toward the monk (armadillo=5, method=5) but the armadillo rolls into a ball and trips him. He glares at the armadillo and barks some orders to the other goblins.

Goblin Lawyer B decides to take over where the other lawyer left off, leaving whatever orders goblin lawyer A gave to the other goblins.
3. He kicks the young monk lightly (-1 damage), (dodge=2-2, damage=4+1-1) and the young monk gets bruised.

Wooty stabs goblin lawyer B (dodge=2), hitting him in the chest with the metal dagger,(damage=3-1) cutting the goblin's chest (medium bleeding).

Goblin E hears the orders and pulls a phone out of his pocket with his good arm.
2. It was heavily damaged by the slam into the wall, so he tosses it onto the ground.

Goblin C desperately reaches for his phone, and you begin to fear what they're trying to call.
6. He grabs his phone and dials a number. He frantically begs whatever's on the other line. When he hangs up, he shouts at the other goblins and they all look relieved.

Goblin H retreats hastily.
6. He runs through the door into hallway B and enters one of the other doors, although you can't tell which.

Mulch's elephant attacks goblin C.
6. It charges at it with just as much terrible fearsomeness as the first time (dodge=6-1), and the goblin escapes once again.
The elephant's rotten flesh falls completely off, revealing rotten bones consuming themselves to function with dark magic.

Sean bleeds heavily.
1. With a gasp, he falls to the ground, pale from blood loss (-1 attack, -1 defense), but the heavy bleeding only increases (-1 to survival rolls).

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 10:57:45 pm by penguinofhonor »

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 16, 2008, 03:23:35 am »

Glee!  A four!

Err, anyway..

Since I didn't do that great of a job with the head monk, I try to heal him the rest of the way, or if he succumbs once again, I'll try to resurrect him again.  Hope he doesn't mind too much..
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 16, 2008, 03:23:58 am »

Hey! You didn't roll for me  >:(
I stab any goblin that tries to attack the remaining monk, If none of them do I go after Goblin E.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 16, 2008, 03:33:09 am »

whats with all the -1 attack -1 defense? and why does my golem have trouble thinking?

I fly up the stairs on a cushion of air. weee!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 16, 2008, 03:39:26 am »

I think that it's just a problem with the acronym tags somewhere along the line.

I'll practice my swordsmanship skills on a goblin lawyer.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 16, 2008, 03:41:47 am »

I try my best to make my Skelephant stop using itself as fuel. I tell my elephant to get in a defensive position next to me so if me or him get attacked he can defend (hopefully giving him a bonus? :D )
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 16, 2008, 04:16:27 am »

Gaah! I quaff the healing potion!
In the meantime I yell at everyone to call 911. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 16, 2008, 04:24:37 am »

Augh! Sorry. RL issues prevented me from posting last round. It's fine if I can't, but would it be possible to get two actions this round?

I attempt to grab Goblin C by the throat and break his neck. Brain damage me, will you?!
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 108