Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141954 times)

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #945 on: November 16, 2008, 02:09:36 pm »

Ok I edit my post for that change.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #946 on: November 16, 2008, 03:10:46 pm »

I attempt to affect a region of space with gravity(generally making everything fall upwards slowly, if possible), or, if I can't yet, I slam a gravity powered kick into the most deserving goblin(then stop safely, I hope)
Eh?
Eh!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 16, 2008, 05:27:10 pm »

I heal (1) Sean (2) Head Monk (3) Young Monk, Depending on which one needs it the most after the turns before mine.

Don't I get two attacks since I'm wielding dual weapons? It's fine if you don't edit the last turn but I want double stabbity next time =(
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:29:36 pm by Wooty »
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 16, 2008, 05:55:31 pm »

Oh hey new rule for resurrections. -1 to being resurrected every time you die past the first time.
This can obviously be countered by having lots of resurrection skill, which means that you'll have to level it up more as you get higher in the tower.

Cyx, about this mimicking thing. I'm not sure whether it should be magical or not either. You decide.
Magical would let you copy skills and powers. Non-magical would only let you copy skills, and maybe weak powers at a higher level. But magic would be susceptible to more penalties, as you've seen from the abundance of -1 magic penalties. I would take magical, though, considering that the penalties are usually temporary and you usually don't use magic every turn.
I'm thinking that it would allow you to copy a person's skill/power from an action for one turn, with higher levels allowing you to get a greater fraction of their power (i.e. mimicking someone temporarily gets you half/a third/two thirds/etc of their level). You wouldn't be able to gain experience permanently unless you already had the skill you were mimicking, as well as a pretty high level of mimicry (because it's hard to learn much from seeing someone do something once). You could choose to get experience or to get temporary levels. Or a combination.

Omegaalpha: Like a fey dwarf, you singlemindedly traveled to your materials. And there aren't workshops in this so you just went to the materials and worked.

Wooty: You have to say that you want to attack twice. It's risky due to the penalties, so I don't want you to get your head knocked off just because a goblin got a 6 on a dodge roll because of your accuracy penalty for the second hit.

Jetman: No, you get two actions if I miss you, not if you miss this. That's why I let you post multiple actions per turn in case you don't come here for a day.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 16, 2008, 06:21:43 pm »

I ran a tabletop RTD with some friends last night, one of the ways I helped scale down the bonuses for leveling was by using 50% bonuses, where at the first level of a magic use skill you have a 50% chance of a 4 becoming a 5, I personally liked it a bit better than giving full on +1s for levels
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: November 17, 2008, 10:13:28 am »

Let's say it's magical, then.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 17, 2008, 05:00:17 pm »

schoolwork bogging you down?  :(

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 18, 2008, 10:42:41 pm »

Hullo?
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 19, 2008, 03:26:09 pm »

Bump-de-bump. We want to topple the dice tower dammit!!! :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 19, 2008, 05:08:47 pm »

Jackrabbit's right. I thought I have four tests in two days. This might not get done until the weekend. Though it might get done tonight if we're real lucky.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 20, 2008, 12:57:15 am »

CURSES!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 20, 2008, 01:21:00 am »

I had many important tests this week a well, but look at me, i still find enough time to read your thread
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 20, 2008, 01:49:04 am »

But he has to post more

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 20, 2008, 07:47:04 am »

Some people need study more then other to do well on tests.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 22, 2008, 07:59:29 pm »

Would you be in America penguin? because the weekend is close to over in Australia.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 108