Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Author Topic: Worldgen cookbook  (Read 161831 times)

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Worldgen cookbook
« Reply #570 on: May 25, 2011, 03:33:02 pm »

Given the randomness of history, you'll never know if some races die out, or some odd ones end up at war with your home civilization. Try changing your home civ, you might get one that's not currently at war with the elves. Or hell, sometimes you'll end up FRIENDLY with the goblins! I used the seed you provided, and all the available dwarven races were at peace with the elves. Remember, seeds determine the starting variables, but who knows what can happen after that.

Or you could use a different history seed, of course.
I was under the impression that history generation always concluded with the same end result if the starting seed was the same, as with terrain and biome generation.
Edit: OH I see. We had a simple misunderstanding because I edited my post instead of just posting again. Yes I am changing the history seed so the recipe is more plug and play.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:39:30 pm by MoatMan »
Spergs 4 life.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 25, 2011, 05:35:35 pm »

I was under the impression that history generation always concluded with the same end result if the starting seed was the same, as with terrain and biome generation.
Edit: OH I see. We had a simple misunderstanding because I edited my post instead of just posting again. Yes I am changing the history seed so the recipe is more plug and play.

It is, if it has the same parameters as the history you're looking for.

Number_of_civilizations being a parameter.

(Just FYI, terrain generation is the same way: tweak any parameter and you'll get a different result with the same seed)

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 25, 2011, 07:00:55 pm »

It is, if it has the same parameters as the history you're looking for.

Number_of_civilizations being a parameter.

(Just FYI, terrain generation is the same way: tweak any parameter and you'll get a different result with the same seed)

I already knew all this but thank  you for trying to be helpful.
Edit: Changing the civ # was the first thing I did, causing a war with the elves on a fresh gen, so I tried a new history seed. Its all good now.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 07:11:52 pm by MoatMan »
Spergs 4 life.

johnny_cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 29, 2011, 10:17:26 pm »

Looking for a cold world with lots of mountains, adamantine, lots of volcanoes, rivers, lots of minerals, and elves elves who've got giant eagles. Any of you got a recipe that might yield something like this?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:21:39 pm by johnny_cat »

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 21, 2011, 11:28:47 am »

I'd like to get seed for the world which has kobolds without editing raws o-o

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #575 on: August 28, 2011, 11:52:33 am »

I'd like to get seed for the world which has kobolds without editing raws o-o
The problem is that kobolds starve because they are supposed to eat, yet aren't supposed to eat. Sorry, can't change that without raw editing.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 10, 2011, 06:26:50 pm »

i think this is relevant to this thread. but uh how can one make it so that he does not have to dig 100s of layers down untill lava? or is there a way using dfhack to find the lava already.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 10, 2011, 06:34:29 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_%28Internet%29#Necrobumps

But also, http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Advanced_world_generation

Just reduce the amount of caverns, reduce cavern size and make the [LEVELS_ABOVE_XYZ:] small. Then embark on flat terrain, and you should get magma at about 20-50 z-levels down.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 10, 2011, 06:39:20 pm »

thank you replying so fast. i dont want to be a bother, but i started a fort and i really like its location is there a fast way to get to the magma using dfhack? i know that starting on volcanoes is auto acess to magma forges.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 10, 2011, 06:49:08 pm »

dfliquids gives you magma, but to build magma forges, you need to uncover the magma sea or a magma pipe.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 10, 2011, 06:52:18 pm »

yeah i know. guess i do have to dig down all the way for that magma. well thanks for help at least i know now how to get magma fast on next world.

litestep

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 11, 2011, 04:22:54 am »

Is it posible to get rid of caverns from my embark site, but without changing cavern amount from 3 to 0 in worldgen options? In a world without undergroud plants dwarfs still have preference for them and/or demand silk that is imposible to buy.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 11, 2011, 05:03:44 am »

Nope, caverns are everywhere.

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 12, 2011, 12:49:35 pm »

Anyone know of a good 31.25 embark filled (to the brim) with minerals and Magma close to the surface?

I have been searching everywhere and I have found one but that one failed to gen properly the times I tried it so I am kinda searching now.

I got a plate of fresh cookies for anyone who can help me :3

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 12, 2011, 01:37:54 pm »

hint: follow the instructions 6 posts before yours, then reduce [MINERAL_SCARCITY].
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42