Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 78899 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #315 on: December 16, 2023, 12:02:26 am »

My role PM says I'm town but it doesn't repeat what the town win condition is, which it probably should.

I guess if I had a unique, non-standard, non-town win condition and the role PM didn't say explicitly what the win condition was I could understand casually claiming it like it's not a big deal.

I'm reading through stuff but I don't know if I'll have the energy to make a big, thorough post. I feel like I'm getting sick with something, which would suck since I was sick two weeks ago.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 16, 2023, 12:03:06 am »

What the fuck does that even mean?
Are you just making up shit to show how much superiority you have over me?
Um, he's explaining that emails don't have colors.

If you're going to be hostile to everyone that talks to you, you're going to get voted.  I don't want you to get voted if you're Town, so if you're Town, please stop right now.  If you call anyone else names, you're going to have one less person trying to help you.
Ok, I've mostly calmed down.

I probably can't talk to Toonyman anymore, as I don't think I can engage with him in a civilized way.
If you're going to vote someone, Euchre, I'd actually recommend Egan_BW or Secretdorf.  I don't know if they realized why, but both of them just made really suspicious posts.  ToonyMan isn't a big deal, and honestly feels kinda Town, if you ask me, but I can't read him all too well on Day 1.  But, I think I trust Lenglon too much to not trust whatever they're doing to ToonyMan and Max, so I'm willing to let my moderate suspicion of them go.

Regardless, I'm willing to defend you if you let me borrow your voting power. :)  I promise that you are free to take it back whenever you want, but I'd like to work as a team.

Also also, please ask Fallacy how mechanically your team chat works, because depending on how it works, you could possibly use it on me.

My role PM says I'm town but it doesn't repeat what the town win condition is, which it probably should.

I guess if I had a unique, non-standard, non-town win condition and the role PM didn't say explicitly what the win condition was I could understand casually claiming it like it's not a big deal.

I'm reading through stuff but I don't know if I'll have the energy to make a big, thorough post. I feel like I'm getting sick with something, which would suck since I was sick two weeks ago.
Okay, Jim is Town, let him cook.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 16, 2023, 12:06:46 am »

Another Dorf hiding the fact that they're playing forum mafia by not posting. Congrats, I almost forgot you existed.
Yeah, thanks for noticing me, I guess.

Also, Jack, did the PM not have the mafia wincon, you win if pirates outnumber town and other mafia is eliminated, or something like that?
1) If you are so sure that I am mafia, why are you not voting me?
2) My PM contained no wincom for any alignment. It did say "Town". For all I know, the pirate scum faction could have some wincon other than the standard mafia faction.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 16, 2023, 12:07:33 am »

Ugh, Euchre and Jim ruin everything.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 16, 2023, 12:08:14 am »

To clarify, that was not a mean statement.  That was me having the inflection of "Party pooper"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 16, 2023, 12:10:14 am »

In fact, I would like that we no longer talk about our alignments and colors because there is no reason to talk about them because they are meta-details that don't exist within the confines of this game.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 16, 2023, 12:15:04 am »

@Webadict: I'll join you in voting people for a bit. Egan_BW

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 16, 2023, 12:22:00 am »

Anyone else want to start a voting bloc against Egan_BW or Secretdorf?  I feel we have definite cases against either one.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 16, 2023, 12:31:01 am »

I'm willing to vote out Egan_BW on the basis that they aren't engaging with the mafia side of the game at all.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 16, 2023, 12:33:26 am »

Anyone else want to start a voting bloc against Egan_BW or Secretdorf?  I feel we have definite cases against either one.
Do share these cases please.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 16, 2023, 12:36:01 am »

Do share these cases please.
I want to see who joins without needing to be told why.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 16, 2023, 12:42:52 am »

1) If you are so sure that I am mafia, why are you not voting me?
D1's not even 24 hours in. I want to see other people's reactions to recent developments.

If you're going to vote someone, Euchre, I'd actually recommend Egan_BW or Secretdorf.  I don't know if they realized why, but both of them just made really suspicious posts.  ToonyMan isn't a big deal, and honestly feels kinda Town, if you ask me, but I can't read him all too well on Day 1.  But, I think I trust Lenglon too much to not trust whatever they're doing to ToonyMan and Max, so I'm willing to let my moderate suspicion of them go.

Regardless, I'm willing to defend you if you let me borrow your voting power. :)  I promise that you are free to take it back whenever you want, but I'd like to work as a team.

Okay, Jim is Town, let him cook.
I'm guessing it's because I said something which only mafia should know? Is there something else?

I think Jack was claiming scum earlier, why do you think he' s town, webadict?

About the Jim bit, I can agree.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 16, 2023, 12:46:52 am »

@Secretdorf: Other than me, whom else do you think looks scummy?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 16, 2023, 12:49:39 am »

I think Jack was claiming scum earlier, why do you think he' s town, webadict?
That isn't a claim I have to defend unless you're voting me, so I will not explain why Jack is Town.  All that matters is that Jack is now under my protection, and I am thus obligated to defend him from any and all attacks.

Instead, I will UNO Reverse the accusation onto you to explain how Jack could be scum.  There is insufficient evidence to backup your claim.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 16, 2023, 12:52:59 am »

So, I want to be extremely careful not to quote my DM here.  But I just realized something, so explaining more now.  Spoilering for length control, but this involves an observation about Max as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I positively hammered FallacyofUrist with questions, in DMs, since I saw my role PM.  I can't quote any DMs, but some of the answers had 8 separate questions they were answering.

That question I asked FallacyofUrist in our game, I'd already asked that one, not quite word for word, in DM.  I can't quote DMs, but I can ask Fallacy a similar question in the thread (no idea what the answer might be there, some things surely are private info).

Every one of you can ask a lot too.  Nothing but you is stopping you.  Also, I didn't ask enough, or soon enough, thus everything else I've said and done after my first post (my first, innocent, idiotic post) has been catch up and trying to play for a town win and also fix my oopses and catch what got revealed by my first post, which would be highly interesting to existing scum teams and not to serial killers (that I know of) or any other baddies we might also have to deal with (I have no confirmation of cult or other baddies.  However, the wording I saw in DMs means I am sure of named red Mafia and Pirates - either of which may or may not exist - but the wording actually supports there could be more than two red teams.  And potentially more than one SK.  And says absolutely nothing about if there's cult too.)

While asking in DM may not help us learn who is watching the watchers, it does have some value.

I also want to say some ideas about what may be going on with EuchreJack.  I want to propose that maybe EuchreJack is town right now, or something else not red, but 'fated' to form the Pirate team as scum the end of D1.  Length, so spoilering why:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also want to say, I wonder about players saying stuff like this:

Also: Who wants to be a pirate?
I do... Ah, but I cannot!  Give it to Lenglon, she seems trustworthy.
Also, Euchre, I would highly recommend that you do not pick me for your... crew?  Not that it wouldn't be appreciated, but you are unlikely to enjoy the effects of doing so.

I'd say you could recruit me, but it would be a bad idea.

Webadict and Maximum Spin:
What are you willing to tell us about why you answered EuchreJack's invitation that way?

Lenglon:
This is also possibly interesting:
Jack: Please do not recruit Max or Toony. I would prefer not to explain why I am making this request until day 2, but will if it is insisted upon.

I'm not insisting, but are there any clues or information you are willing to provide?

So, when EucherJack said this, very early on:
@web: Obviously, you should default to TricMagic if you see no better options to Null. It would save him from the "Protect Scum, Kill Town" decision.
As for using it on me: I might be mildly annoyed to lose my ability, but frankly it's actually more work than I signed up for, so if you think I look scummy, feel free to scrub my profile. Vanilla Town would be easier, and I doubt anyone would want to waste time lynching or killing a powerless player.

Right, back to work.

That looks like consent.  I wouldn't dare make that strong a request, not this deep in dream.
Does anyone think EuchreJack might actually be trying to get scrubbed?  Anyone imagine any reasons not to?  I don't have any information on exactly that, my ideas and observations are in that second spoiler in this post.

Also noting here, people who so far said yes to EuchreJack at any point:

Also: Who wants to be a pirate?
Me, but depending on what that entails, you might regret inducting me into your crew.

Oh, actually just Elephant Parade?  Did I miss anyone else who said an unqualified yes?

The role Pirate King gives me access to the Pirate chat.  I can recruit 3 other people to join Pirate chat. They will also inspect as Pirate.

Please reveal how you recruit.  You seem to have left that out of your claims.

Then our overworked GM kindly informed everyone publicly that Pirate could only possibly be a scum faction.

That is 100% an answer to my question.  Yes, it was decided to be answered, in public as it had been in private.

However, again, any of us can ask any question of our overworked GM.  I've had more than 10 answered today already.

I still think EuchreJack's fairly innocent.  I could be wrong, but he came in way to direct to have known what was going to happen with the red.  He still may have to die, but I do suspect he was as innocent when he revealed himself as I was with my stupid, cut my own throat first post.  Just he revealed to all and I only revealed to current scum factions.

I will say that without asking, I still wouldn't know that I had self-marked to scum as 'come kill me, it's worth it'.  I would have been as blindsided as EuchreJack appears now.  -AND- whoever landed the kill on me would also have been blindsided, because my death at scum or SK hands helps all the other enemies of that killer so much more.

All this makes it so hard to dream.  And then there's Egan_BW talking about my having already attended that 'brick spire'  I did not consent.  And I note you're not forcing me onto that char list, that's nice.  I still do not consent.  But despite the power of your dream, I can surely still spin my own dreams.

As the stories go, we think The White Tower dates back to the Ottoman period, 15th or 16th century.  On the waterfront of Thessaloniki, Greece, made of brick and stone, so much mystery surrounding it.  It's known to have been used at times as a prison, at times as a fortress, and is currently a museum.  Absolutely no one of specific repute is connected to it, as a prisoner or other participant, it's unclear who built it, or even which ruler ordered it be built.

But it's clearly a protective watchtower, a place of knowledge, defense, and stable imprisonment.  Could this be where we could learn who watches the watchers?

Self note, I didn't read all the recent posts before posting.  Stuff seems to be happening, make sure to comment in my next post.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 207