Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 78953 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #285 on: December 15, 2023, 10:49:16 pm »

Now I don't even know what we're doing with Jim because nobody is on the same page. In terms of actual leads, there's no way that there's this many millers, at least one of them inspects non-town.
There might be but if there are this many millers then I doubt there are a lot of godfather-esque roles
This is stupid, and you're stupid for saying it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 15, 2023, 10:49:36 pm »

Somebody who cares give me the fifteen second summary of everything that's happened so far.

Also can I shoot anybody and is anybody I can shoot worth shooting
You're a waste of space.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 15, 2023, 10:50:18 pm »

The reading continues, briefly. Starting from page 15.

Esteemed Maximum Spin

I need to pick someone to protect. Please vie for my affections in an orderly manner.

That'll be a hard no, thanks.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten

I will be inspected as town
Why did you put it like this?

I'll second this question.

Esteemed Imp

It's getting to the point Esteemed doesn't look like a word now.

I am operating under the assumption there are at least four members of the mafia, given there are usually two in a nine-player game.

What are your thoughts about if there may be more than one scum team, and if you think that could be, what do you think of the likely scum team numbers?

Having considered it further there could be as many as eight mafia split over two teams, as Esteemed webadict ran a game recently with two scum teams, which had three each in a relatively small game. The townies thought there would only be four scum, I think as a consequence of the size of game, which caused one of the teams to get away with winning because the losing team, at least as far as I was a part of it, were unwilling to reveal there were probably more to them as it would be a bit petty.

Regardless, I think six is probably a good number for hostile-to-town parties, whether that's split between a scum team and some hostile TPs, or a couple of scum teams, with an open mind that there could be more.

do you have reason to believe Esteemed EuchreJack is something we need to worry about?

No.  Part of my posts are my reads to that point of play.  I don't expect I can keep up with the whole game as a whole.  I'll take it by parts, measured (if that works for me) by what happens in between my various posts, with my posts full of what I see fit to mention for myself and others.  That also helps me notice what jumps out at me later in rereads, a reminder of my thinking at the time.

I answer no specifically to 'Do I have reason'.  I'm leery because I had Pirates mentioned in my DM and EuchreJack mentioned them first of us all.  Also how he discussed them and his talk of what happens when he dies and what he claims about that item.  It has my attention, I don't have facts about it beyond what I initially said.

Do you think it's possible Esteemed EuchreJack possibly misread or misunderstood their PM and are now trying to walk back on it a bit?

Possibility of a Jester?

Possibility of scum-aligned-horrible-role-if-they-get-lynched shenanigans? Esteemed EuchreJack offering themselves up because they will become more powerful than we can possibly imagine if we lynch 'em :o

End for now, not quite finished reading the top post on page 17, so I suppose that'll be where I start next time.
Your vote restriction is annoying, and you're annoying.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 15, 2023, 10:50:50 pm »

@Fallacy: Maybe you should modkill me? Nah, then I can't insult everyone

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 15, 2023, 10:51:20 pm »

Jack, vote Jim. Jimnosis.
It only works when Jim says it, dumbass.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 15, 2023, 10:52:07 pm »

Unvote: I have some mixed thoughts on this development, want to let it simmer a bit.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2023, 10:52:44 pm »

Webadict has been distinctly non-assholish so far which gives me bad vibes, but it’s not something I’m willing to vote on.
Great second post. I look forward to your third post in 48 hours.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 15, 2023, 10:54:26 pm »

Unvote: I have some mixed thoughts on this development, want to let it simmer a bit.
Ok, maybe I won't insult everyone.
Although frankly, I couldn't bare to insult Egan_BW.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 15, 2023, 10:55:22 pm »

FallacyofUrist I wish to ask you here:  Pirates, if pirates exist or come to exist, would they be anti-town?

In the opening post, I state that no alignments outside of the listed ones may exist. Pirates are not explicitly listed as an alignment. However...

(Very Rare, Requires Large Game) The other scumteam may take up any villainous-sounding factional name. They share the same rules and win condition as the Mafia - and yes, they will need to fight the Mafia in order to achieve their win condition, and vice versa, because it turns out this town isn't big enough for two groups of murderers.

The only way for Pirate to be an alignment would be for it to be a scumteam alignment.
Fuck you Fallacy. Yes, I believe I am allowed to say that, since you've fucked me pretty hard.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 15, 2023, 10:57:29 pm »

I’m thinking the best course of action is to take a step back. We’re barely 24 hours into the 72 allotted. Things can, and probably will change in the remaining time.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2023, 10:58:46 pm »

Now I don't even know what we're doing with Jim because nobody is on the same page.
Welcome to the forum game called Mafia. I hope you enjoy your first game ever.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 15, 2023, 11:02:11 pm »

Hmm. Defensive first vote, rolefishing, and a computer.
Defensive?  How so?  Regarding rolefishing, is that necessarily a mafia thing to do?

Question to you, why vote Max when you're literally get nothing out of them day 1?
He's a dangerous player who's hard to read.  My vote was half-RVS and half-expression of my wariness.  Plus, a little pressure has never hurt anyone, haha.

@sofa:  Why do you not wish to determine my alignment?
I very much do!  I wish to determine everyone's alignments, but the feasibility of that is questionable.
Ok, the computer schtick is charming.
Free Advice: Max is usually not worth voting Day 1. He's a solid player when Town, and not nearly as good as he thinks he is as Mafia.
He's Tric Jr.: The more you want to vote him, the more likely he's Town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 15, 2023, 11:05:08 pm »

Just checking in so I don't be seen as lurking, too many posts and too many questions and formatting is hell on mobile so, I will answer when I could finally get on a computer.

My role allows me to evolve into a different role that allows investigative abilities with a hint of being able to kill under certain conditions
I will be inspected as town, and my current ability makes me die very easily until I am aboe to evolve to the next role. Maybe too vague, but I don't exactly want to give too much away when it's much harder to format and create sentences while not on PC.
Lurker says what?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 15, 2023, 11:06:24 pm »

I will be inspected as town
Why did you put it like this?
At this point, I'm just acknowledging that webadict exists. Literally everything else he says is a lie.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 207