Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 78980 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #300 on: December 15, 2023, 11:08:32 pm »

I can remove the role of another player once per game.

Yes, this is permanent.  Yes, this is busted.  No, I couldn't not claim it.  No, I can't save it for later.

Please pick who should be the target, because they will be effectively removed from the Night game.
You can't save it for later? You actually mean that?

Secretdorf: What is the purpose of RVS? Does it actually help find scum? How?
Purpose is to start things off. It actually does contribute to scumhunting although the extent is debatable. Conversation generally helps catch scum and and it generates conversation.

I did not ask everyone a question, specifically. If I didn't ask you a specific question, what's your impression of that?
No one can blame you for that in an 18p game.

... and 13 new posts.
Another Dorf hiding the fact that they're playing forum mafia by not posting. Congrats, I almost forgot you existed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 15, 2023, 11:09:11 pm »

Not-Quite-There, Not-Quite-There
Friendly neighborhood Not-Quite-There
Bogus tells
He's ignored
Analysis, his reward
Look out
Here comes the Not-Quite-There

Two interesting things so far. Jim's ability, and Web's role null claim. Web says it's OP but wiping out someone's role isn't necessarily more powerful than just killing them (though what happens to their wincon?)

Lenglon, we shouldn't give town ally claims a free pass— I've seen serial killers say that they're town aligned more than once! How does your list of questions compare to BHK's?

BHK, I'll certainly give a reads list on D2. How about you?

Tric, do you think your role is going to be decisive this game?

Elephant Parade did you know they used to parade elephants across the frozen ice of the river Thames during winter festivals a few hundred years ago?
NQT should be posting in about 4 hours, when the rest of us are sleeping. Eurotrash.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 15, 2023, 11:12:17 pm »

I'll give you a reason to insult me then.

If your role says that you inspect as pirate, then you know that pirate is red. I think it's more likely that you knew that already and were just assuming that none of US knew.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 15, 2023, 11:18:31 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Maximum Spin     --3-- sofanthiel*, webadict*, Crystalizedmire*,
EuchreJack          --2-- Egan_BW*, Maximum Spin*,
Jim Groovester      --2-- BlackHeartKabal*, ToonyMan*,
BlackHeartKabal     --1-- hector13*,
Elephant Parade     --1-- notquitethere*,
Imp                 --1-- EuchreJack*,
Lenglon             --1-- TricMagic*,
Crystalizedmire     --0--
Egan_BW             --0--
hector13            --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
notquitethere       --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
sofanthiel          --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
TricMagic           --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --7-- Elephant Parade*, Imp, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, Lenglon*, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten,

10 to Hammer. Day ends on December 18, 2023 at 20:00 Central Standard Time (~69 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 15, 2023, 11:24:42 pm »

If your role says that you inspect as pirate, then you know that pirate is red. I think it's more likely that you knew that already and were just assuming that none of US knew.
Alright, you're an idiot.

If my role says that I inspect as pirate, BUT my role does NOT say that pirate is red, then how would I know that pirate is red?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 15, 2023, 11:25:56 pm »

Webadict has been distinctly non-assholish so far which gives me bad vibes, but it’s not something I’m willing to vote on.
If you're not willing to vote me on that, then why did you bring it up?  It seems to me like you're pointing out that I'm not being mean in the hopes that someone else might vote me for it, or use it as additional evidence in their case.  Would you like to interrogate me further, so that you might determine my alignment?

@Fallacy: Maybe you should modkill me? Nah, then I can't insult everyone
... Um, can I ask why you're doing that?  Is the Pirate thing an actual conversion?  Would you mind doing a bit of claiming so I'm a bit less confused about why you're upset?

Alright, you're an idiot.

If my role says that I inspect as pirate, BUT my role does NOT say that pirate is red, then how would I know that pirate is red?
Not the first time Fallacy has made a mistake, so I'm willing to hear you out on this.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 15, 2023, 11:28:07 pm »

Also, Euchre, I would highly recommend that you do not pick me for your... crew?  Not that it wouldn't be appreciated, but you are unlikely to enjoy the effects of doing so.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 15, 2023, 11:38:30 pm »

I'm the biggest idiot of all: I went into a full spiral when only two or three people were voting me.

I'm insulted that so many people seemed to be wanting to vote me, but so few did so.

@Jim Groovester: If you're so smart, why haven't you figured out the following:
"If you vote someone, they'll probably get pissed off and vote you. Then you can shoot them."

Also, Euchre, I would highly recommend that you do not pick me for your... crew?  Not that it wouldn't be appreciated, but you are unlikely to enjoy the effects of doing so.
I figured you could take care of yourself as town, and would be a dangerous voice in my head as scum.

Claim:
EuchreJack was given the town role Pirate King. It causes me to inspect as Pirate.  I was NOT and I want to emphasis this, NOT told that Pirate was a scum faction. I assumed it was, you know, third party. Then our overworked GM kindly informed everyone publicly that Pirate could only possibly be a scum faction. So I claimed miller without knowing that I was claiming miller.
The role Pirate King gives me access to the Pirate chat.  I can recruit 3 other people to join Pirate chat. They will also inspect as Pirate.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 15, 2023, 11:39:22 pm »

Arrr, shiver me boots Jack. What say we both vote the Navy Officer Jim Groovester an' let the man shoot one of us to see our REAL colors? If he shoots me, then you'll see I'm town and yer definitely pirate scum. If he shoots you, then, well, we'll see how red you really are and can find more mafia instead today. Maybe we'll even get more self-admissions, like fish in a barrel!
I said I inspect as Pirate.
What do YOU inspect as?
I inspect as Pirate.

I admit when I started posting today I did not know Pirate was in red because I read my role PM via email which does not color any text. But I checked my actual PM and Pirate is in fact, red, so this confirms what Imp and Egan have said.

I don't know why you thought openly claiming Pirate would be okay. Maybe Fallacy is partially to blame, but even here you say:
I can't see anything that says Pirate is mafia.  For all I know, Pirate inspects as teal, brown, blue. In other words, my assumption was that it is a third-party inspection, not a mafia inspection.
I think your actions were in poor judgment even if you thought you were third-party or didn't know Pirate was in red.

I think getting mad over this is dumb and you should have been more careful about what you've said. Your behavior would have worked if you were town, and likely cleared you as town in my eyes, but it's not the case here.

It's a sinking ship now.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 15, 2023, 11:49:18 pm »

Arrr, shiver me boots Jack. What say we both vote the Navy Officer Jim Groovester an' let the man shoot one of us to see our REAL colors? If he shoots me, then you'll see I'm town and yer definitely pirate scum. If he shoots you, then, well, we'll see how red you really are and can find more mafia instead today. Maybe we'll even get more self-admissions, like fish in a barrel!
I said I inspect as Pirate.
What do YOU inspect as?
I inspect as Pirate.

I admit when I started posting today I did not know Pirate was in red because I read my role PM via email which does not color any text. But I checked my actual PM and Pirate is in fact, red, so this confirms what Imp and Egan have said.

I don't know why you thought openly claiming Pirate would be okay. Maybe Fallacy is partially to blame, but even here you say:
I can't see anything that says Pirate is mafia.  For all I know, Pirate inspects as teal, brown, blue. In other words, my assumption was that it is a third-party inspection, not a mafia inspection.
I think your actions were in poor judgment even if you thought you were third-party or didn't know Pirate was in red.

I think getting mad over this is dumb and you should have been more careful about what you've said. Your behavior would have worked if you were town, and likely cleared you as town in my eyes, but it's not the case here.

It's a sinking ship now.
Toonyman
Am I the only one that thinks your post is incredibly scummy?
I read my role PM via email
What the fuck does that even mean?
Are you just making up shit to show how much superiority you have over me?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 15, 2023, 11:50:59 pm »

If you don't mind me asking, Egan, why would he assume that?

Why?  He didn't really think about it, so it wasn't really a problem.  Could you elaborate further on why it was bad judgment?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 15, 2023, 11:53:27 pm »

Um, he's explaining that emails don't have colors.

If you're going to be hostile to everyone that talks to you, you're going to get voted.  I don't want you to get voted if you're Town, so if you're Town, please stop right now.  If you call anyone else names, you're going to have one less person trying to help you.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 15, 2023, 11:55:11 pm »

Secretdorf: What is the proper number of RVS questions to ask?
How would I know? 5? However many you can easily come with?

Another Dorf hiding the fact that they're playing forum mafia by not posting. Congrats, I almost forgot you existed.
Yeah, thanks for noticing me, I guess.

Also, Jack, did the PM not have the mafia wincon, you win if pirates outnumber town and other mafia is eliminated, or something like that?

Anyway, we're probably down one scumteam, one left; and an SK maybe.

I will also say this: if at some point you need a votecount (and you are not EuchreJack), feel free to ask me, if I see the request before mamobo or fallacy do, I'll do it, you know, out of goodwill.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 15, 2023, 11:56:05 pm »

@Jack:
I get an email notification when I receive a PM. This game started in the crack ass of dawn so I read my role PM quickly via my phone when I woke up before doing other stuff. I didn't actually think of looking at the actual message until later today.

@Webadict:
Why?  He didn't really think about it, so it wasn't really a problem.  Could you elaborate further on why it was bad judgment?
Not thinking is (more) fine if you're town, but I strongly believe Captain Jack Sparrow isn't town (which he also admits he didn't think he was town) so it was in bad judgment to out himself.

---

There's some other players I need to respond to, maybe after I eat this pizza.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 15, 2023, 11:56:58 pm »

Um, he's explaining that emails don't have colors.

If you're going to be hostile to everyone that talks to you, you're going to get voted.  I don't want you to get voted if you're Town, so if you're Town, please stop right now.  If you call anyone else names, you're going to have one less person trying to help you.
Ok, I've mostly calmed down.

I probably can't talk to Toonyman anymore, as I don't think I can engage with him in a civilized way.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 207