Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 78959 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2023, 11:39:50 am »

I would have shot either of the two three people voting me before my first post because that would've been the funniest way to start the game but I only resisted because that would have been mean.

I need to go to work, and then there's a bunch of other things I need to go do so don't expect me for a little while. Don't grow the thread too much plz

Convince me to shoot people voting me I guess.

Eh, what the ell, Jim. Come out and claim rather than hide behind a gun.

FUCK OFF THE GAME JUST STARTED
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2023, 11:42:32 am »

BOOTING COGNITION SYSTEMS...
VISUAL INTERFACE INITIATION COMPLETE...
BEGINNING STANDARD OPERATION PROCEDURE...

sofanthiel: Which three players here do you know the most about and which three do you know the least about?
This is my first time playing with many of the participants currently present, so I know equally nothing about most of you.  If I had to pick those I possess any understanding of out of the few I'm acquainted with, it'd be The Canadian kitten, CrystalizedMire, and Elephant Parade.  I believe I have some kind of grasp of their habits and playstyles, though this is possibly due to them also being as new-ish as I am.  It's pretty tough to analyze the more experienced players, especially Maximum Spin.

sofanthiel: Who, besides yourself, do you hope survives until the end?
So far?  I'll say it's probably  Elephant Parade; however, because of a distinct lack of information on that front so early on, my only reason is that he's fun to play with.

Elephant Parade, Is your ability offensive or defensive?  Who do you plan to use it on?  Is my 2nd question even applicable to your secret power?
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2023, 12:00:06 pm »

@Crystal:  I would say that you are unassuming and haven't taken a position on anything yet.  I would like for you to give an opinion on who you think might be scum, even if it is wrong.  You just have to defend a position with reasoning so that I can read how you think about things.  You could be hiding something!
You're right, I struggle with having an opinion not centered on me. Though I am a little suspicious of the miller claims because of how many there are. To everyone who've played in a FBYOR before: how many millers are there usually?
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2023, 12:16:39 pm »

Also: Who wants to be a pirate?
Me, but depending on what that entails, you might regret inducting me into your crew.

Lenglon: I've never seen an 18-player game before, so I'm not sure. I'd guess one team of four and a couple of malevolent third parties?

BlackHeartKabal: Lucky, but that isn't something you can choose to be.

NQT: I did not. Thanks for the fun fact.

Sofanthiel: I'm electing not to answer that.

The Canadian kitten: Out of everyone you've played with before, who do you consider the most threatening player?

Egan_BW: Do you think you'll be killed tonight?

Secretdorf: What is the proper number of RVS questions to ask?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2023, 12:20:51 pm »

BOOTING COGNITION SYSTEMS...
VISUAL INTERFACE INITIATION COMPLETE...
BEGINNING STANDARD OPERATION PROCEDURE...

sofanthiel: Which three players here do you know the most about and which three do you know the least about?
This is my first time playing with many of the participants currently present, so I know equally nothing about most of you.  If I had to pick those I possess any understanding of out of the few I'm acquainted with, it'd be The Canadian kitten, CrystalizedMire, and Elephant Parade.  I believe I have some kind of grasp of their habits and playstyles, though this is possibly due to them also being as new-ish as I am.  It's pretty tough to analyze the more experienced players, especially Maximum Spin.

sofanthiel: Who, besides yourself, do you hope survives until the end?
So far?  I'll say it's probably  Elephant Parade; however, because of a distinct lack of information on that front so early on, my only reason is that he's fun to play with.

Elephant Parade, Is your ability offensive or defensive?  Who do you plan to use it on?  Is my 2nd question even applicable to your secret power?
Hmm. Defensive first vote, rolefishing, and a computer. Must be Sofmafia

Question to you, why vote Max when you're literally get nothing out of them day 1?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2023, 12:24:07 pm »

Lenglon:
Imp: how frequently do you normally post in mafia?

Usually a lot.  I have weirdness with words this game and need clarification from Fallacy before I post much.

A townie's kill action is automatically more accurate and informative than the lynch because they can auto-clear themselves

Explain this 'auto-clear themselves'?  How does a townie auto-clear, and how can town tell that from a scum or SK using their kill action(s) and attempting to auto-clear?

If Jim is scum, SOMEONE is going to have to take that daykill to the face eventually.

I am not sure the dream shapes so.  Game this big, we surely have red Pirates and red Mafia, one or more navy serial killers.  Granted, with a 'perfect defense' for the day, there's probably night defenses too, but no, the lynch is not the only way most can die, and nobody has to face that ensured death... unless it turns out that way.  Also, it's used by choice.  Only way I can see Jim not using it is if he's jester (wouldn't that be a mess for Jim?), but I think there's other answers than 'inevitable daykill to the face' for SOMEONE.

BlackHeartKabal:
I did not ask everyone a question, specifically. If I didn't ask you a specific question, what's your impression of that?

Relief.  There's already a lot to watch this game, and one purpose of RVS is to get conversations going.  They're going, for many of us.

webadict:
PPE:  Oh, TricMagic just posted, and he's a Miller, too.  So many Millers this game...

That may be in error, wubba.  TricMagic claims to inspect as SK, but did not also claim to be a miller, if I understand these words.

Tric:, are you dreaming of eating us all?  Is that how you want this end?

---

I have reason to think we face red Pirates, red Mafia, and navy Serial Killers, so I am going to spin a story into the dream, which may or may not be something I must do every post.  Just in case, I sure do so this post.  There once was something called Anor-stone, a palantír held stable in the city of Minas Tirith.  It was one of the chief means by which Gondor communicated with other realms and gathered information. Denethor, the Steward of Gondor, used it to keep watch on the enemy and maintain his knowledge of the ongoing war.

Maybe that was who watched the watchers, and how?

I notice some people are talking about problems, and being broken.  I wonder if they can be helped.

Webadict, with the world's strongest ability, but seems to find it a problem.

Hector13, who suggests we may all be speaking as aristocrats before long and may themself be so afflicted.

Knightwing64 ...?  spooky and mysterious, and not clearly suggesting they want help, but there's a hint in that request to be investigated.  I wonder if there's a problem there, and that's an attempt to ask for help?

EuchreJack, this almost seems like something that requests help, but I am not sure.  Also, in my dreams, Pirates filled the seas with red.  If you need help, you might need it most.  I'm also scared of you.

@Jack:
You wouldn't happen to leave behind a...straw hat if you die, would you, Jack?

Pirates don't leave behind straw hats.

Why did you choose to say this?  What's your thinking?

Jim, whose response to the votes on Jim distinctly didn't use or even threaten to use that ability, and actually gave a reason not to use it - could that ability itself be something of a problem?

I note Egan_BW, The Canadian kitten, Maximum Spin have not yet been spotted, by me at least, in this dream.

But who watches the watchers?  And who would shape my dreams?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2023, 12:35:18 pm »

I can vouch for Imp here: My alignment inspects as Pirate instead of Town. This leads to me believe that Pirate is at the very least not a town alignment. Jack appears to be siding with or as a pirate here, which is not town behavior.

You appear to know quite a bit Imp of the Rings, thanks for enlightening us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2023, 12:39:09 pm »

So a multi-faction game.

To Imp of the Rings, I dream a dream of dominion, lording over my subjects. I am not cult, counted among town. And yet I inspect as SK. What am I?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 15, 2023, 12:40:51 pm »

Weird question: I don't suppose anyone has a day inspect? If they do, it'd enable something funny.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2023, 12:43:16 pm »

@Toony:  Hm, perhaps the hat is an alignment changer?  I have reason to believe that alignments might be mutable.

Would it be worth having Jim shoot Jack?

@Imp:  SK Miller is still a form of Miller.

@sofa:  Why do you not wish to determine my alignment?

@Crystal:  I ran a game with 4 Millers once, but having at least one is pretty average, though Fallacy doesn't tend to have more than 2.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2023, 12:45:38 pm »

I have reason to believe that alignments might be mutable.
Ditto.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2023, 12:54:39 pm »

The existence of a pirate alignment seems nearly confirmed barring a ToonyMan/Imp scumteam seeing EJ's post and pulling a weird gambit. That doesn't seem very likely, but I also don't know why cult!EJ would openly recruit. I guess it could be a fake masonizer ploy?

EuchreJack: What does becoming a pirate entail?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 15, 2023, 01:09:16 pm »

I seem to be a miller again. For real, that's not a gambit. Lot of miller claims this time around, so that's interesting. I also can't be killed.

Max: If you were a third-party tasked with finding and killing two hidden ducks, one mafia and one town, both must by killed by you at night, what would you try to do during Day 1?
Why would I want to kill a duck? That doesn't sound like something I'd do. I guess I'd have to quietly accept losing the game instead.

I think Imp is a badguy.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2023, 01:14:48 pm »

I seem to be a miller again. For real, that's not a gambit. Lot of miller claims this time around, so that's interesting. I also can't be killed.

Max: If you were a third-party tasked with finding and killing two hidden ducks, one mafia and one town, both must by killed by you at night, what would you try to do during Day 1?
Why would I want to kill a duck? That doesn't sound like something I'd do. I guess I'd have to quietly accept losing the game instead.

I think Imp is a badguy.
I'm honestly waiting on the result of the other game to determine that. Not enough text for you given post restrictions about?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2023, 01:23:25 pm »

There's way too much text, on the contrary.

I would prefer more pictures.

Besides, while the other game is probably really over, it's not technically over and you shouldn't talk about it yet.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 207