Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 4.2: Year 1 Month of Aum (6/6)  (Read 8094 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6)
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2023, 10:27:57 am »

Unipent does not give up on Scouting the Parables Mountain Range, he keeps performing the task until finished.

Exploring the Tartarus Depths (Downtime Action):
Unipent and his retinue will explore the depths of Tartarus looking for any possible treasures to contain for Unipent's hoard, as well as with the assistance of Fey spells to help make the expedition easier.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 12:53:06 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2023, 10:29:38 am »

Expedition to Tartarus Depths:
Unipent and his retinue will explore the depths of Tartarus looking for any possible treasures to contain for Unipent's hoard, as well as with the assistance of Fey spells to help make the expedition easier.
(I think we are still in turn 1, so only 1 expedition a turn. Look for mountain ores maybe? Or fascinating prey to hunt.)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2023, 12:38:50 pm »

(It's not an issue, you can do as many expeditions per month as needed. And as a minor clarification Unipent's action would count as Downtime, being in Tartarus.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2023, 05:19:06 pm »

You can do more than one thing in a month? I think we need a better explanation on what things that we are able to do.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2023, 05:26:37 pm »

I had assumed an expedition was built into mini-turns within the turn. Not that you could just return to the capital, then immediately go on another expedition. (Returning to help explore something in the capital makes more sense.)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2023, 06:41:35 pm »

The confusion is justified, the rules are a bit misleading and in need of a minor correction. Forget about the Turn = Month part, this will be removed anyway. At the moment and with the actions you have so far posted, nothing prevents you from going on an Expedition at the start of the month and coming back to the Capital at the middle of the month.

The next turn will have a mechanical update that won't come in play until a few more turns: travel time. Region distance will be updated too. Just read that as a teaser, it does not affect your current actions in any way.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2023, 01:48:09 am »

Turn 1.3: Year 1 - Month of Idna [End]

ACTIONS

Roll (3/2/1/0): On Expedition to Latze Plains

Roll has recruited a squad of Carakk Cavalry.

The Latze Plains. A vast, fertile expanse of greenery where freely roams the mighty Bartoros. It is said by its inhabitants that if one rides across the plains, it will understand the meaning of freedom.

Diplomacy:
Attribute: STR 3
Bonus: Bartoros Knowledge (4)
Goal/Bonus1/Bonus2: 8/16/32
Roll [4d6]: 4+[17]=21

The Wheelie of Zethe went to meet many minor tribes, challenging them to races in the name of its king. None could match the racer from the Dream Realm, whose undefeated reputation quickly spread across Latze... such that even the major tribes were forced to acknowledge and agree to meet him.

Opportunity: Meeting with Zagan-Yoof
The chosen leader of the Bartoros tribes came to meet you by himself, having heard of your achievements and of your goal to bring the Bartoros into the folds of Zethe. The threat you represented had to be assessed, and may dealt with it came that your existence threatened that of the Bartoros ways. He was a mighty beast of red, like a great bull as tall as Eversor, whose heavy hooves shook the ground with each of his steps. His impressive curled horns were like bulwarks, and gave him an aura of a leader.

"Roll of Zethe, who Races Like the Wind. I am Zagan-Yoof the Redhorn, who Races Against the Storm. Why do you challenge the Bartoros and try to steal our folks away from Latze?"

Spoiler: Roll's Army (click to show/hide)

Gnarl (0/4/1/1) and Eversor (4/2/0/0): On Expedition to Grenvud Forests

Gnarl has recruited a squad of Gremlin Bandits.
Eversor has recruited a squad of Veteran Undead Soldiers.

The Grenvud Forests. Impenetrable and untamed sea of trees, where the Treefolks ensure its many inhabitants respect the will of the Forest. It is said by those of Grenvud that those who respect the Forest will never go hungry, but those who challenge it will soon see their bones become one with it.

First Contact:
Attribute: MAG 4 and STR 4
Bonus: Bone-chilling Aura (4)
Goal/Bonus1/Bonus2: 14/28/56
Roll [5d6]+[5d6]: 4+[16]+[16]=38

The Gremlin and the Armor of Zethe headed for the heart of the forest, unwilling to waste time dawdling while their King had put his trust in them. The heavy and cold steps of Eversor and his silent troops seemed to spread silence the entire forest, save for the chit-chat of the Gremlin Bandits who kept awing at the mighty armor. From time to time, Gnarl had to shut them up with his sharp tongue, earning from them a meek quip followed by a few minutes of respite before it started again.

With great fear and reluctance, the Forest welcomed you. To the eyes of beasts, Eversor evoked their primal fear of a prey, while to the eyes of spirits, Gnarl was an abominable beating heart of magical might. And so in the shadows countless eyes watched you, none daring to stop your slow advance. Branches parted and grass bowed, leading you to the grove which an ancient tree dominated like an ancient king. A face appeared on its trunk, like a wrinkly and ancient sage old of several millenia.

Opportunity: Meeting with Ako

"My name is Ako. Guardian of Grenvud."

"Strangers to the Forest, from the Cursed Mountain. You are not welcome, but you haven't sought to harm the Forest, yet. Whatever words you carry from the Conqueror of the Mountain, know that we will defend the Will of the Forest, however powerful your might and magic might."

So said the Guardian.

Spoiler: Gnarl's Army (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Army (click to show/hide)

Duke Gul'Athur (0/0/2/4), Ot'Ku Bo (4/0/2/0), and Unipent (4/1/0/1): On Expedition to Parabes Mountain Range

Duke Gul'Athur has recruited a squad of Sylvaran Skirmishers.
Duke Gul'Athur has recruited a squad of Carakk Cavalry.
Duke Gul'Athur has recruited a squad of Hill Lizardmen Warriors.
Duke Gul'Athur has recruited a squad of Mountain Goblin Skirmishers.

Ot'Ku Bo has recruited a squad of Red Oni Berserkers.

Unipent has recruited a squad of Jade Serpents.
Unipent has recruited a squad of Bone Serpents.

The Parabes Mountain Ranges. Fierce and unwelcoming, harsh and unforgiving. From afar it appears these great mountains reject life, only the toughest plants growing on their windy cliffs and slopes. Yet it is said under this tough facade, the mountains hide treasures and riches in their bellies ripe for the picking for whoever would tame them...

Exploration:
Attribute: INT 2 INT 2 INT 0
Bonus: None
Goal/Bonus1/Bonus2: 4/8/16
Roll [3d6]+[3d6]+[1d6]: [9]+[14]+[2]=25

Ot'Ku Bo and Unipent were joined by Gul'Athur, and together the three Lords went to uncover the secrets of Parabes, aided by the newly dominated natives. With their combined efforts the mountains quickly yileded their secrets: a hidden cave network connecting the mountains of Parabes, revealing bountiful veins of ore of many kind. And deeper into the caves did they find the hearts of the mountain, great chambers of magma inside of which a rare crystal called Corite could be found.

However, the discovery of Corite also roused the elemental guardians of Parabes.

Opportunity: Encounter with the Elementals of the Mountains Hearts

Speaking in tongue of fire and rage, they confronted the Lords. With each of their words, the magma rose in unison.
"Begone Trespassers, who disturb the Mountain's Heart! Its sacred core shall not be disturbed!"

Spoiler: Duke Gul'Athur's Army (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ot'Ku Bo's Army (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unipent's Army (click to show/hide)

PERSONAL REQUESTS

Duke Gul'Athur: Request for new Barracks in Tartarus (2/3)
Ot'Ku Bo: Request for a new Armory in Tartarus (2/3)
Roll: Request for Wheel production (2/3)
Eversor: Request for new Training Camps in Tartarus (2/3)
Unipent: Request for a Magical Forge in Tartarus (2/3)
/!\ Experts have estimated this request cannot be realized with the means at their disposal. They will try to do what they can, but don't expect much.

REQUESTS

Royal Request#1:
Name: Expanding Zethe's Influence
Description: His Majesty requests the regions directly bordering Tartarus be brought under Zethe's control.
Guaranteed Reward: Royal Favor. 1 Squad of Tartarian Guards or other elite troops.

The Kingdom has issued no new requests.

Spoiler: Available Requests (click to show/hide)

REGIONS DATA

Spoiler: Kingdom of Zethe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 1 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 2 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 3 Regions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 01:41:49 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2023, 01:48:27 am »

PLAYER STATUS

« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 06:10:49 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 1.3: Year 1 Month of Idna (6/6)
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2023, 02:04:13 am »

Modified the little bit about Month = Turn in the rules that created the previous confusion.

Likewise, Distance has been updated a bit! It hasn't changed much, but it may clarify a few things for the future.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2023, 09:14:37 am »

Roll rolls on it's wheel a bit.

"Great Herd-leader of the Bartoros tribes. I cam from my lands to explore the world, roll across it's many valleys, forests, plains. The Virtuous Races deplore monsters, and seek to destroy us whenever we rise. Even at peace, there is war. My King seeks an end to this cycle, where the virtuous gods declared the creations of the fallen gods anathema."

"I can say all that, but my only desire is to explore these vast lands for myself. My king has declared, all regions surrounding Zethe are to be be brought into the fold, that our civilization may grow to become the beacon for all monsters. No longer shall monsters be bound by the curse of the gods."

"That's about it really. I'm pretty simple in my own desires. Should you wish for your own desires to be heard, I'm sure the king will accept that too. You have seen the plains, but there is much more to see beyond them. That's why I left my own home in the Dream Realms."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2023, 02:08:27 pm »

"We do not seek to harm the Forest and its Will, nor its inhabitants, Guardian. Nay, we wish for them to grow and flourish, guided by His Majesty's warm light," the Armor replies in a deep, rumbling echo, "The 'Conqueror of the Mountain', King Radeus of Zethe, wishes for the Forest to fall under His benevolent protection. How will the Forest answer?" it inquires, gauntlet clenching more tightly around the handle of its great mace.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2023, 02:24:14 pm »

The Old Gremlin shuts his gab, about to tear into the talking twig for referring to the King with such disrespect but being beaten to the punch by Eversor. "Indeed, the Master's wisdom and power are enough to protect you and your forest. Soon all the lands around the Mountain will know the glory of our King. Better to enjoy the peace and safety, don't you agree?" The Gremlin boasts, his malevolent gaze leering around the clearing.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2023, 04:33:51 pm »

Duke Gul'Athur

Response
Gul'Athur will agree to back away from the Elementals, along with his followers. If the other Zethian Lords in attendance refrain from aggressive behaviours, he will also request to arrange a meeting in order to discuss the possibility of opening diplomatic channels and possible trade arrangements, and information about the mountains history. Failing that, at the very least instructions on how to identify the elemental's forbidden places.

If other Zethian Lords decide to respond with Violence, Duke Gul'Athur will make a token effort to disassociate himself with them; but will join the fight on the side of the other lords if the Elementals make the mistake of attacking Duke Gul'Athur or the forces he commands while they are on their way out.

Action
Gul'Athur will arrange to set up a mining village in the Parabes Mountain Ridge, which a primary focus on harvesting Ore and possibly Rare Ore. For the time being, Corite will not be actively sought out. Secondary objectives are to establish a road leading back to Tartatus, and creating a defensible wall to defend the mines.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2023, 05:06:29 pm »

Ot'Ku Bo

Response
"This 'ere land is now under th' protection of King Radeus, last child of Idna- and King of Zethe, Now You lot can Yield and live on, or we can make this a fight n' smash you down 'till theres none of ya left. Your choice, though I'm really hopin' you don't just give in for all yer posturin' 'cause I ain't had a good fight all month."

Action
After threatening the Elementals, Bo will ready his weapons and men for a battle against the Elementals, should it come to that.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2023, 05:29:30 pm »

”You will serve Zerthe or be devoured, it a simple choice, consider it like gunboat diplomacy. Now make your call.” Unipent coils it’s snake-like body in a upwards pose with Fairy magic glistening around its horsehair scales

Action, intimidate the Elementals into submission, utilizing Fairy magic to impose himself more strikingly to see if they submit. If they not, then it’s hunting time for the serpents.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12