Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 4.2: Year 1 Month of Aum (6/6)  (Read 8077 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6)
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2023, 04:00:16 pm »

Skills and Traits are done. Expect the introduction turn sometime in the next 10 hours.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 07:09:51 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2023, 09:32:02 pm »

Turn 1.1: Year 1 - Month of Idna [Start]

"We are Zethe. So long as the people live, Zethe will never die."
- Radeus, First King of Zethe

This is the first day of the month of Idna, which marks the one year anniversary of Zethe the Monstrous Kingdom. From across the known and unknown world, Monsters of all origins have gathered to challenge the curses imposed upon them by an ancient injustice.

It was a year ago that guided by a prophecy, a crownless Prince and his Generals challenged dreaded Tartarus, the Cursed Mountain-Fortress which was said to once have been the holy mountain and home of the Fallen Gods. They converted its guardians to their cause, thwarted the traps of the Fortress, and tamed the soul of the Mountain.

Now this once cursed place is the blessed Fortress-Capital of Zethe: Tartarus.

WORDS FROM THE KING

Among the King's followers, the most trusted and skilled have been given the title of Lords of Zethe. With this title they carry the heavy responsibility of giving their all for the greater good of the kingdom, in return receiving the support of Zethe's legions of workers, administrators, engineers, mages, and more.

Today his Majesty has gathered the Lords to the Throne Room where lies the empty Obsidian Throne where only the King may sit. Before the towering throne, the King and his Aide are meeting the mightiest and most trusted monsters of the Kingdom. There is no grander reason than to rejoice with his trusted allies and friends, for before those he trusts, the King is no king, but an equal.

The horned ebony demigod with the piercing gaze of gold is Radeus the King of Zethe, and last Son of Idna. Only the Lords and the Aide knew of his true nature as divine direct descendant of the Mother of Monsters and inheritor of her will. Why you followed him, only you knew. But you trusted him long before the truth was revealed to you, and his origin didn't change a thing.

All of you had laughed, shared. With a voice carrying the essence of command and the warmth of a friend, he gave a last speech as the time of reunion came to an end.

"Lords of Zethe. My Friends. Without your invaluable support I dare say Zethe would not be standing a year after its foundation. Your achievements are deserving of respect, and they fill me with gratitude and pride. This is yet only the beginning. Our ambitions runs deeper: our light will cover the world! Our words of challenge will pierce the skies, and reach the Gods! We will be the beacon, we will be the guiding light of the new era! Take heart, friends, and go forth to spread the word of Zethe!"

DOWNTIME

You are a Lord of Zethe, currently residing in Tartarus to prepare for your next expedition or project. What did you do during this downtime?

NEW REQUESTS

The King has issued a Royal Request.
Royal Request#1:
Name: Expanding Zethe's Influence
Description: His Majesty requests the regions directly bordering Tartarus be brought under Zethe's control.
Guaranteed Reward: Royal Favor. 1 Squad of Tartarian Guards or other elite troops.

The Kingdom has issued new requests.
Request #1:
Name: Find new sources of food
Description: "Our food stores can last us a few months, but securing more sources and varieties of food would never hurt, especially with all the new monsters coming in! I'm getting lost with all these diets!"
Guaranteed Reward: Favor from the sender. Supplies of morale-boosting food.

Request #2:
Name: Explore the depths of Tartarus
Description: "We can always use some help to explore the depths of Tartarus! With the help of a Lord, we would make tremendous progress!"
Guaranteed Reward: Favor from the sender. Possible treasures.

Request #3:
Name: Understanding Nigredine and Albedine
Description: "The black and white metals of Tartarus have incredible properties, but are hard to extract and work with. The road ahead is long, but unlocking the secrets of these ores would be a great boon to Zethe!"
Guaranteed Reward: Favor from the sender. Equipment of Nigredine or Albedine.

Request #4:
Name: Need ingredients!
Description: "There's been a lot of work related injuries recently, and we are about to run out of medicines! I need alchemical ingredients. How much? A lot! More more more more!"
Guaranteed Reward: Favor from the sender. Supplies of medicine.

REGIONS DATA

Spoiler: Kingdom of Zethe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 1 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 2 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 3 Regions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 10:53:31 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2023, 09:34:37 pm »

PLAYER STATUS

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2023, 11:08:46 pm »

Duke Gul'Athur

Let me know if I am doing this right or missing something.

Downtime Action
Duke Gul'Athur will spend his downtime recruiting soldiers who will go out to expand Zethe's influence. A particular emphasis will be put on any soldier that can perform adequately in at least one of the following terrains: Plains, Forests, Hills and Mountains.

Personal Request
Duke Gul'Athur will request that a Barracks is constructed in the Fortress-Capital Tartarus, where soldiers that are not actively being commanded can be granted leave or called upon later by any lord of Zethe.

Bonus Downtime Action
Duke Gul'Athur will look into improving the food production that is already in place in Tartarus.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 12:45:24 am by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2023, 12:00:40 am »

All good! You can also go on an expedition or do another downtime action. Sorry for the confusion.

In short you have a bonus Downtime action for this turn.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2023, 12:21:32 am »

Ot'Ku Bo, The Champion

Downtime Action
Bo Recruits Ogre, and Ogre-kin troops.

Personal Request
Request that a proper Armory be established in the Fortress-Capital Tartarus, where Arms and Armor can be stored and maintained. and upon its construction finishing, he will attempt to store Eversor within it as is proper.

Expedition to the Parabes Mountain Ridge
Bo will wander the Mountain Ridge, Seeking to force the Mountain Ogres to bend to his (and by proxy the King's) cause by Challenging their Leaders to single combat.

this good?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2023, 01:19:58 am »

Bit of a stub for now, but I'll edit in the actions and a request once I got time. I'll just make a new post to keep it chronological.

As an important note, after clarifying some rules involving combat and interactions between allied armies, with Nakéen's blessing I decided to respec Eversor into 4 STR, 2 MAG, cementing his status as the scariest MF in Zethe.

I'm sure Nakéen will add this to the OP eventually, but Lords can act as Squads in each other's Armies without counting into the command limit. So as long you have space for Eversor's eventual retinue of 1 hopefully elite unit, you can have him tag along on your conquests as a super unit.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 10:10:04 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2023, 02:48:45 am »

Gnarl the Shaman

[Bonus Downtime]
Gnarl had known that his master wouldn't sit idly by for much longer, and would want to secure his rightful domain. The former Bandit Lord had exploited such inaction to great success in his youth after all. So the Elder Gremlin begin rallying up a batch of some of his more seasoned brood. Most of the louts might be daft and better used for hard labor, but even amongst 'em there was some who'd soaked in some of his, and his few remaining Bandit Veterans, wisdom.

Gnarl goes to recruit some of his children that he'd been instructing on his old tactics and training, wanting them to be well prepared for the environment he planned to enter.

[Eversor]
While he was at it, the Shaman made sure to visit one of his dependable allies while he was making preparations. All of them were skillful in their own right, but Eversor was certainly the most experienced combatant of the Lords. As strange as it felt to the Elder Gremlin to feel youthful in a subject compared to someone else.

"Hmm, Lord Eversor, always a pleasure to be in the company of a dependable and loyal warrior of our King. I've come with a proposition, surely soon we will be expected to serve our glorious Master and claim his rightful domain surrounding the city. I plan to launch an expedition into the nearby Grenvud Forests, to scout out the area, survey the local resources, and attempt to bring the Treefolk into the fold of our King. While I'm used to such terrain, I must admit that I would prefer a swift end to any resistance that the locals would try to put up. So I propose we join forces to claim the Forests, as quickly and efficiently as possible.

[Expedition]
Gnarl having been preparing, was unsurprised by their first mandate. He was quick to gather up his selected children, and the supplies to feed the needy wretches, and set out on a campaign to the Grenvud Forests, hopefully with the company of someone more intelligent than his dull but loyal spawn.

Gnarl sets out on an expedition to the Grenvud Forests, hopefully to bring it under Zethean domain and scout out anything of use to his wise Master. Inviting his fellow Lord, Eversor, to join forces with him.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 03:10:44 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2023, 08:34:28 am »

Downtime
Roll around to collect people informed about the Bartoros Herds into an Expedition Squad. Focus on those who know the land and culture.
Get Wagons to transport us as needed. And any other stuff for the trip.

Personal Request
Wheels. Wheels are the lifeblood of any transport network. Be they made of stone, wood, or iron, or even the mythical rubber. See about standardizing and constructing some for wagons and such. That way things can be transported more easily, and better wheels.

Expedition
Set out to scout the Plains of Latze, and interreact with the Herds to gather info and potential converts. Bring about the Expedition Squad.

"Roll will collect, got plains to inspect. Like a rock, can't be stopped. Whee~" Roll hurries about her tasks.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 08:43:24 am by TricMagic »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2023, 10:09:48 am »

Eversor

Bonus Downtime Action
Eversor will search for and gather warriors powerful enough to serve as a small, but elite retinue under his banner, vigorously testing both those he finds and those who think themselves exemplary enough to find him in turn - if they cannot withstand the penetrating, glacial cold surrounding him, how are they to stand by his side? Undead preferred... but strength is what Eversor seeks, above all other concerns.

Personal Request
Eversor requests that Training Camps be set up within the military quarters of Tartarus, so that Zethe's aspiring warriors may be forged into soldiers worthy of the privilege of fighting in King Radeus' name.

Gnarl
[Eversor]
While he was at it, the Shaman made sure to visit one of his dependable allies while he was making preparations. All of them were skillful in their own right, but Eversor was certainly the most experienced combatant of the Lords. As strange as it felt to the Elder Gremlin to feel youthful in a subject compared to someone else.

"Hmm, Lord Eversor, always a pleasure to be in the company of a dependable and loyal warrior of our King. I've come with a proposition, surely soon we will be expected to serve our glorious Master and claim his rightful domain surrounding the city. I plan to launch an expedition into the nearby Grenvud Forests, to scout out the area, survey the local resources, and attempt to bring the Treefolk into the fold of our King. While I'm used to such terrain, I must admit that I would prefer a swift end to any resistance that the locals would try to put up. So I propose we join forces to claim the Forests, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Eversor's helmet nodded after hearing his fellow Lord's proposal. "It shall be so. Together we will bring His Majesty's light to the Grenvud Forests."

Expedition
Eversor will join Gnarl in his expedition to the Grenvud Forests.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2023, 11:34:18 am »

All your actions are great. The next turn is expected to land tomorrow.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2023, 11:39:19 am »

Tomorrow as I’m 24 hours from now, or tomorrow as in 12 hours from now?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2023, 11:48:28 am »

Which tomorrow indeed. Today's tomorrow or the next day's tomorrow? It could be any tomorrow... does it mean the turn will never come?...

(A reasonable 24h-48h time range starting NOW)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2023, 04:18:42 pm »

i missed the reboot?! NOOOOOO-
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2023, 04:20:07 pm »

i missed the reboot?! NOOOOOO-
Oh no Dustan! I should have warned you, really should have... D:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12