Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 4.2: Year 1 Month of Aum (6/6)  (Read 8085 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 2.1: Year 1 Month of Ruen (6/6)
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2023, 10:35:41 pm »

"I suppose so. Show me to an afflict individual and I should be able to determine if it's magical in nature." The hunched Gremlin whips around to his children. "You lot! Hands to yourselves, no lollygagging, no putting random things in your mouths, and I'll drown all of you in mud if you so much as think to wander off." He then returns his focus to the Treefolk, even if it wasn't magical in nature, he had lived through many a plague in his time. Ha, maybe he'd even recognize it and be able to understand just how feeble these treehuggers were!

Gnarl will use his many years of magical studies to try and determine if the illness is magical in nature.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2023, 10:40:52 pm »

Eversor will assist as able. He may have not learned the arcane arts, but an affinity over death along with feeling the ebb and flow of vitality is natural to the Armor.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2023, 11:16:40 pm »

(If it wasn't clear, Ot'Ku Bo and Unipent can declare an action this turn. That's why I quick processed the battle.)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2023, 09:36:10 am »

Azarian awakened anew, ready to aid the archaeologists of Zethe in their expedition both by documentation and magical support.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2023, 01:33:06 pm »

Ot'Ku Bo
Parabes Mountain Ridge
Recruit new Ogres and Ogre-kin
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2023, 02:09:49 pm »

Unipent

Unipent shall send a Personal Request for a (Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation) or a Mouse Farm, that will be able to create lots of mice to feed our ever-expanding monsters that come to Zethe

Go to Zethe and Recruit the most cobra-like monstrous forces that reside within Zethe, utilizing Unipent's innate strength to show them who the alpha of the snakes is.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 2.2: Year 1 Month of Ruen (6/6)
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2023, 02:29:39 am »

Turn 2.2: Year 1 - Month of Ruen [Middle]

ACTIONS

Roll (3/2/1/0): On Expedition to Latze Plains

- Exploiting the Redsang Fields
Attribute: INT 1
Bonus: None
Goal/Bonus1/Bonus2: 4/8/16
Roll (2d6): [6]

After obtaining the allegiance of the Bartoros and with it the control of the Latze Plains, Roll went on to survey the Redsang Fields and try to find a way to exploit them for use in the kingdom. With some help from the inhabitants of Latze and his general knowledge he built some carts which the Carakk and Bartoros could pull, inside of which the harvested grass could be stored until storage in specialized storehouses where they would be kept fresh and protected until shipment.

- Request#4 "Need ingredients!"
Roll then returned to Zethe with a few carts full of the grass for the alchemist who issued a request for ingredients. Living in a house remote from the main habitations lived an eccentric Dryad called Heliane, who was absolutely crazy about alchemy. She was the de facto leader of a budding gathering of like-minded alchemists.

"Thank you so much!!! I was so worried my request would fell on deaf ears!!! I couldn't believe it when my request was approved AND sent to the esteemed Zethean Lords! It is an HONOR to meet you. I am forever in your debt Lord Roll! If you need my help, just call me!"

Favour earned: Heliane the Dryad Alchemist
Supplies earned: Alchemical Medicines (can be used on an Expedition to heal 1HP to all Squads)

- Message from the King
"Hey Kingship, how was your month? I got to race and race and race some more, and found some medical supplies that might need help developing. Also got the Bartoros herds respect. Zagan-Yoof's pretty cool."

"With a bit of work, we might be able to start with crops too? So long as the plains are kept pristine enough, racing round them is awesome."

"Excellent work Roll. Your achievement of bringing the Bartoros into Zethe without shedding a drop of blood has impressed a great many monsters of Zethe. You truly are worthy of your title of Lord."

Spoiler: Roll's Army (click to show/hide)

Duke Gul'Athur (0/0/2/4): Downtime in Tartarus

- Recruit Far'Gloen Soldiers:
Attribute: LEA 4
Bonus: Fal'Gloen Tactician (4) Monstrous Appearance (4) Innate Nobility (4)
Goal/Bonus1/Bonus2: 8/16/32
Roll [5d6]: 12+[15]=27

After completing his task in Parabes, the Duke returned to Tartarus in order to recruit some soldiers among his kin. Hearing that the very Duke Gul'Athur needed soldiers, the Far'Gloen answered en masse to the call. They were well equipped compared to the usual soldier, each having a weapon made of iron and even a set of leather armor they had procured by themselves.

Far'Gloen Veterans x1
Far'Gloen Infantry x2
Far'Gloen Harassers x2

Quote from: Far'Gloen Veterans
Name: Far'Gloen Veterans
Description: Monstrous three-eyed humanoids with a gaping vertical mouth. These ones are veteran combatants.
Health: 2
Combat Dice: 1d6
Traits:
- Weapons: +1 CR
- Leather Armour: +1HP, fragile

Quote from: Far'Gloen Infantry
Name: Far'Gloen Elite Infantry
Description: Monstrous three-eyed humanoids with a gaping vertical mouth.
Combat Dice: 1d4
Traits:
- Weapons: +1 CR

Quote from: Far'Gloen Harassers
Name: Far'Gloen Harassers
Description: Monstrous three-eyed humanoids with a gaping vertical mouth trained to use ranged weapons.
Traits:
- Ranged Weapons: +1 CR

Spoiler: Duke Gul'Athur's Army (click to show/hide)

Gnarl (0/4/1/1) and Eversor (4/2/0/0): On Expedition to Grenvud Forests

- Study the illness of the Treefolks
Attribute: MAG 4 MAG 2
Bonus: Font of Magical Knowledge (4) Gremlin Shamanism (4)
Goal/Bonus1/Bonus2: 14/28/56
Roll [5d6]+[3d6]: 8+[20]+[12]=40

Gnarl and Eversor demanded to examine the afflicted saplings, which the Treefolks accepted under the threat of Eversor's terrifying aura. Gnarl used Gremlin magic to study the soil where the saplings were born and use his vast knowledge to solve this riddle. Eversor used his sense of undeath and negative magic for traces of curses. Together, they managed to find what affliction touched the saplings from birth: a magical symbiote native to Grenvud's soil which fed on the magic of the Treefolks in exchange to producing nutrients for them. Especially magic weak Treefolks died due to magic imbalance, and the solution was as simple as identifying weak saplings and giving them frequent magic recovering medicine.

Special Request #G1: COMPLETED

The two Lords returned to meet Ako after completing the request.
"You have my thanks. You made me realize we relied too much on the will of the Forest, and it might be time for us to think beyond it. For our, and the Forest's future. We will bow to your King."

The Grenvud Forests region has changed Allegiance to Zethe
Favour earned: Ako the Elder of Grenvud and the Treefolks

With this, the Royal Request#1 has been completed!

Spoiler: Gnarl's Army (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Army (click to show/hide)

Ot'Ku Bo (4/0/2/0): On Expedition to Parabes Mountain Range

- Recruit: Parabes Mountain Ogres
Attribute: STR 4
Bonus: Oni High Berserker (4) Inspiring Strength (4)
Goal/Bonus1/Bonus2: 8/16/32
Roll [5d6]: 8+[21]=25

To replace his brave Oni who fell honorably in battle, Ot'Ku Bo called for equally brave Mountain Ogres to gather. Among them, he would take the strongest only. Being already famous in Parabes, many Ogre Warriors wished to serve the Oni. They had armaments of their ancestors, said to have been forged by elementals in a time long gone. The lack of maintenance had greatly taken its toll on the once glorious weapons, but they still made excellent clubs.

Special recruitment: Parabes Ogre Warriors

Quote from: Parabes Ogre Warriors
Name: Parabes Ogre Warriors
Description: Mountain Ogres from Parabes, incredibly hardy and determined.
Health: 3
Traits:
- Ancient Weapons: +2CR, may be restored
- Light Armour: +1HP, fragile
- Mountainfolk: +1CR in Mountains

Spoiler: Ot'Ku Bo's Army (click to show/hide)

Unipent (4/1/0/1): Downtime in Zethe

- Recruit: Cobra Monsters
Attribute: STR 4
Bonus: Apex Predator, Hydric Regeneration
Goal/Bonus1/Bonus2: 4/8/16
Roll [5d6]: 8+[20]=28

Unipent returned to Tartarus, words of his victory over the elementals having reached the capital. To replace the troops he had lost, he recruited cobra monsters this time.

Great Shadow Cobras x1
Flametongue Cobras x2
Bulwark Cobras x2

Quote from: Great Shadow Cobras
Name: Great Shadow Cobras
Description: Giant Cobras surrounded by a cloak of shadow.
Traits:
- Ambushers: +1CR when Ambushing
- Shadow Advantage: +1CR in Caves

Quote from: Flametongue Cobras
Name: Flametongue Cobras
Description: Monstrous cobras with fiery scales capable of spitting and breathing fire.
Health: 1
Traits:
- Fire Resistance: +3CR when defending against fire attacks.
- Fire damage: +1CR

Quote from: Bulwark Cobras
Name: Flametongue Cobras
Description: Monstrous cobras with a massive shield-like hood.
Traits:
- Armoured: +1HP

Spoiler: Unipent's Army (click to show/hide)

ADVISORS

Azarian (0/3/2/1): Downtime in Zethe

- Project: Explore the 4th Underground Floor of Tartarus
Attribute (highest): MAG 3
Bonus: Arcane Scholar
Goal1/Goal2/Goal3: 14/28/56
Roll [4d6]: 4+[8]=12

The Advisor Azarian decided to help the Archeologists, led by a rock gnome of fiery enthusiasm. Thanks to his help they disarmed several magical traps, but the labyrinthine 4th floor main area still remained to explore.

Rama (2/0/0/4): Downtime in Zethe

The Advisor Rama arrived in Zethe recently.

PERSONAL REQUESTS

Duke Gul'Athur: Request for an officer to be sent to Parabes (1/3)
Ot'Ku Bo: None
Roll: None
Gnarl: None
Eversor: None
Unipent: Request for a "Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation"/"Mouse Farm" (1/3)

REQUESTS

Royal Request#1 Rewards
A message from the Advisor of the King.
"Outstanding work, Lords of Zethe. In a month you have pacified and rallied the lands surrounding Tartarus, securing many future resources for our growing kingdom.
May Idna be with you. For Zethe, and for the King."

All Lords have received a Royal Favour, which may be used to instantly complete a Personal Request.
All Lords have received a Royal Favour for 1 Elite Squad.

Royal Request#2:
Name: Uncover all Distance 2 Regions
Description: Before proceeding further, it is necessary the Kingdom gathers information about the lands that surround us. We will be counting on you.
Guaranteed Reward: Royal Favor.

The Kingdom has issued new requests.
Request #1:
Name: Experts required to develop a Magical Forge
Description: "Got some real' tough request from the snake lord Unipent. Magical Forge they said. Nice and all, but us smith' are no mages. If you think you are up to the task, you know where to find us."
Guaranteed Reward: Favor from the sender. A Magical Forge is constructed.

Request #2:
Name: A Migrant Problem
Description: "With the recent conquest of the nearby lands, Zethe has received a new influx of migrant monsters, with some being even less civilized than beasts all because they think themselves strong. We could use a hand in giving them a little... reality check."
Guaranteed Reward: Favor from the sender. Opportunity for new recruits.

Request #3:
Name: Magical Materials
Description: "Everyone seems to find various rare ores, rare crystals, rare whatever... but it's always in too scarce quantities to reliably increase the might of Zethe. So here we are. Anyone who will do something about that will have our gratitude."
Guaranteed Reward: Favor from the sender. Opportunity for spell development.

Spoiler: Available Requests (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Completed Requests (click to show/hide)

REGIONS DATA

Spoiler: Kingdom of Zethe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 1 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 2 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 3 Regions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 02:40:15 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2023, 02:30:38 am »

PLAYER STATUS

ADVISORS STATUS

--Skills and Traits incomplete--

« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 02:35:57 am by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2023, 07:17:37 am »

Azarian, while eager to continue exploring the depths as quickly as possible, knew that the influx of new species would need help adjusting to the ways of Zethe, and Diverted his attentions to assisting with the migrant problem and aiding in communication.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2023, 03:57:38 pm »

How do things work when you have access to more squads than you do army capacity? (I requested the barracks precisely so that I could leave some behind when this situation occurs).

Also just to clarify, Far'Gloen have exactly three eyes. Might be a better description than "Many".

(Let me know if I need to change my action due to squad based confusion)

Duke Gul'Athur

Army Management
Duke Gul'Athur will use the following squads for the current expedition:

- Carakk Cavalry
- Far'Gloen Veterans
- Far'Gloen Infantry
- Far'Gloen Harassers
- Far'Gloen Harassers

The other soldiers will be stationed in Tartarus for the time being, and may be utilized by other Zethean Lords.

Action
Duke Gul'Athur will travel to the Plains of Latze, where he will establish a Farming Village to produce food for the nation of Zethe, after communicating with the locals on where a suitable location for it would be.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 04:29:05 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2023, 04:20:55 pm »

Roll, hearing about their more savage comrades, decides to gather any fire elementals they can find and head for Parabes Mountain Range. Some knowledge on elemental customs hopefully, but all else fails they're well equipped for more fiery diplomacy. From there they will then be setting off to chart beyond the mountain range. Elementals shouldn't have any trouble keeping up on the trip.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2023, 05:05:03 pm »

How do things work when you have access to more squads than you do army capacity? (I requested the barracks precisely so that I could leave some behind when this situation occurs).

Also just to clarify, Far'Gloen have exactly three eyes. Might be a better description than "Many".

(Let me know if I need to change my action due to squad based confusion)

Duke Gul'Athur

Army Management
Duke Gul'Athur will use the following squads for the current expedition:

- Carakk Cavalry
- Far'Gloen Veterans
- Far'Gloen Infantry
- Far'Gloen Harassers
- Far'Gloen Harassers

The other soldiers will be stationed in Tartarus for the time being, and may be utilized by other Zethean Lords.

Action
Duke Gul'Athur will travel to the Plains of Latze, where he will establish a Farming Village to produce food for the nation of Zethe, after communicating with the locals on where a suitable location for it would be.

Unused squads during Recruitment attempts simply disappear. The monsters you recruit are not professional soldiers on standby, and so will put their abilities where other needs them if you do not. Think of them as assembled militia with various skills, abilities and backgrounds answering to a job offer. Ask away if you have questions.
The exception are Royal Guards and other similarly important forces.

Regarding the barracks, I will update the effect then to instead be able to hold up to 2 squads on standby.

I will correct the description of the Far'Gloen troops.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2023, 05:15:43 pm »

"Lord Gnarl, I shall be returning to Tartarus. Call upon me once you require my aid again."

Once back in the capital and initially intent on reporting to the King, Eversor stops once he notices the unruly among the new arrivals. With a flare in his aura, he decides to put them all in their place and introduce them to the pecking order:

King Radeus>Zethean Lords>Citizenry>The dirt>...

Eversor begins work on the Migrant Problem request.

Additionally, while he is satisfied with his Undead Warriors, he will use his Elite Squad Royal Favor to request truly elite warriors. His armored kin preferred.

His personal request is for infrastructure supporting the utilization of Grenvud wood to be created.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 12:14:50 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2023, 08:58:03 pm »

Ot'Ku Bo
Finalize Recruitment - Parabes Mountain Ogres

Return to Tartarus to confirm my success with the king.

Personal Request - Establish a Library (currently) dedicated to what we know about the surrounding lands, and what rumors traveling monsters bring us so we can better plot our plans, noting that it will likely need to be expanded in the future.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2023, 10:00:04 pm »

"Of course, Lord Eversor. Yourself as well, if your ever in need of me or my spawn. Most of them are useless wastes of air, outside of the rare one worth anything, but they're decent enough fodder to drag an enemy charge through." Gnarl cackles lightly at the thought.

The Old Shaman gathers his forces in the forest, now that it was under the control of Zethe. Glaring at his assembled idiots from a rock he'd climbed to leer down at them from.
"Listen up! I have an important task, perhaps the most important task we currently have in this forest now! There's Harpies in these woods, harpies that are now citizens of Zethe, which means... I have a new pool of potential candidates for a wife-mistress for the Master! Our Kingdom needs heirs, but even more importantly I need Grandkings to coo over and spoil. You lot certainly aren't providing me with anything to fawn over." He spits onto the ground at the thought. "So we're going to search for the most beautiful of the Harpies for our Master, surely he'll shortly after procreate and provide me a cute heir to tutor and teach." The rugged Gremlin seems quite pleased with himself, happily daydreaming of a future prince.

Gnarl and his Gremlins will search for a new beautiful Harpy Mistress for his lord!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 10:01:47 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12