Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Keyforged Adventurer's Guild  (Read 9973 times)

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
Re: Keyforged Adventurer's Guild
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2023, 06:13:53 pm »

...No new dungeon because the abandoned tower still has rooms to explore.

I was under the impression we were going back to the tower.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2023, 02:19:42 am »

There are 2 rooms left- the forge and the treasury. I guess this could be a quick adventure.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2023, 01:51:20 pm »

If ya'll want to go back to the tower I will let a1s DM. Ya'll can set out when ever you are ready. I would consider it half a dungeon for the purposes of leveling.
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2023, 04:42:17 pm »

I guess there are on objections to finishing the tower:

Abandoned Tower Room 5: fourth floor:

The party comes across an abandoned smithy.
Aywen checks for traps (Roll: 6 -2= 4 Vs DC 1) but they are nowhere near as skilled as Bruv and (target roll:3 damage roll: 1) let Elliot run into one.
The commotion wakes up 4 bats (Roll: 2 -2= 0 Vs DC 1) Which Garret takes down quickly and efficiently.
Elliot performs a divination (roll 4-2 Vs DC 1) but the gods are silent.

Searching the abandoned smithy yields 2 ingots of iron, 1 ingot of steel and Lv.2 smiting equipment.

Spoiler: Party Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party Hitpoints (click to show/hide)

The party may now:
a) ascend to level 5.
b) return home, like cowards

Elliot also has the choice to either heal or cast a ritual (note: Aywen will try and help with the ritual)

Aywen votes for option (a)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2023, 08:06:19 pm »

Definitely going to cast a ritual.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2023, 08:34:13 am »

Abandoned Tower Boss Room: fifth floor:

The party comes across the treasury.
Aywen checks for traps (Roll: 1 -1= 0 Vs DC 1) they find all the traps and the perfect spot for a ritual (ritual bonus: 1)
A guardian of the horde is awakened! It is a golem. (roll: 5 -1 = 4 Vs DC 1) Garret takes them on, but does not manage to hold them for long (target: 1) Aywen is punched for 3 damage before Garret manages to put the golem down.
Elliot performs a divination at the indicated spot (roll 2-1 = 1 Vs DC 2) They manage to find the hidden treasure hinted at a few floors down.

Searching the treasury yields: 1 broken golem, 45 gold coins, 3 precious gems, 1 magical gem and a piece of sturdy cord. Hidden treasure contains an additional 300 gold coins, 10 semi-precious gems, 2 magical gems, and a 10-use wand of monster hunt (during a town hunting event you may cast this spell on a square, without expending your turn, to find out how close (in Manhattan distance) the monster is to that square).

Spoiler: Party Inventory (click to show/hide)
(I forgot to add bat parts last time)

Spoiler: Party Hitpoints (click to show/hide)

The party has successfully cleared the tower!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2023, 08:36:43 am »

Time to split the loot!

I propose we sell the non-monetary loot to appropriate guilds and just divide the money. Any objections?

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2023, 09:24:27 am »

That proposal sounds amenable. Though, are the gems considered money? Where are they going? Additionally, who's getting the wand? I don't think Elliot'll be taking it, because he's already got the kobold corpses with him.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2023, 01:28:06 pm »

I've managed to sell everything, but the wand and the golem (not sure which guilds would take them) for 116 gold.

PhaseBomb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2023, 03:26:06 pm »

Garret thinks this broken golem may contain valuable items used in rituals to animate such constructs, although these items might be dormant by now. He suggests we send it to the Alchemist Guild to assess its worth. He ponders what material the golem is made of and if it can be salvaged.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 08:18:37 pm by PhaseBomb »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2023, 11:17:15 pm »

"Hmm, why can't I seem to get into one of these?"
Awesome With Autism

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2023, 10:29:36 am »

I've no objections to send the golem to Alchemists.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2023, 05:07:44 am »

Congrats on another successful adventure, and completing all the Keyforged Progress milestones for one guild!
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2023, 09:52:37 pm »

Please let me do a dungeon.
Awesome With Autism

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2023, 08:10:37 am »

Would you like to GM or just participate?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12