Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Keyforged Adventurer's Guild  (Read 10293 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Keyforged Adventurer's Guild
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2023, 03:47:57 am »

Abandoned Tower Room 4: third floor:

The party comes across a dormitory. Not abandoned, this one- judging by the smell something lives here.
Bruv sneaks up on whatever it is (Roll: 2 -2= 0 Vs DC 3) it's 2 kobolds! Bruv distracts them, so Elliot can get the drop on them (+1 brawn)
Elliot comes from behind (Roll: 1 -2= -1 Vs DC 2) knocking one kobold out outright, and defeats the other.
Aywen sings yet again. (Roll: 4 -2= 2 Vs DC 2) They manage to discern that major treasure is on the fifth floor of this tower, in a magically locked chest.

Searching the kobolds' nest yields 27 coins, an ingot of blue glass, 2 wooden clubs and a half-prepared meal of unidentifiable meat and porridge.

Spoiler: Party Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party Hitpoints (click to show/hide)

You're actually getting kind of peckish, eat the kobold's lunch? (5/6 chance +1 HP, 1/6 chance food poisoning)

a) ascend the stairs again
b) ascend the stairs twice, and go straight to level 5.
c) go back home
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 03:49:31 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2023, 09:35:10 am »

Elliot ties the kobolds together by the legs, grabbing some manner of stick and carrying them over his shoulder.

"I'd stay away from that food if I were you. Kobold stomachs are tough enough to eat plain rocks and survive." He says, looking up the staircase.

"If this floor was 'harder' and it was just these two, I'm only apprehensive about continuing if the other challenges ahead are gonna be more difficult than this. Aywen, is there a chant you know that could give us any information about what could be up there?"
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2023, 09:42:43 am »

"We came this far. If the treasure is two more floors higher I think it might be worth it to continue. I'll take your lead, though, Aywen."
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2023, 11:50:41 am »

"Aywen, is there a chant you know that could give us any information about what could be up there?"
"These things are pretty random, sometimes you get a glimpse of what the future holds, but usually you just find a gem or something. I do know a chant that will inspire us to perform better, if you're worried."

"Also, so far the tower was easy, I suggest we explore the fourth floor first, before advancing to five".
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 11:53:10 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2023, 12:00:04 pm »

"Also, so far the tower was easy, I suggest we explore the fourth floor first, before advancing to five".

"Apt. Let's do that then, my shield-brothers."
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2023, 08:31:02 am »

Abandoned Tower Room 5: fourth floor:

The party comes across an abandoned smithy.
Bruv checks the space for traps (Roll: 6 -2= 4 Vs DC 3) but misses one (target roll:2 damage roll: 4) Elliot is seriously injured.
The commotion wakes up 4 bats (Roll: 5 -2= 2 Vs DC 1) Elliot, despite being injured, takes out 3 of them, before the 4th one bites (target roll: 2) him.
Elliot is knocked unconscious and needs to be evacuated.

Spoiler: Party Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party Hitpoints (click to show/hide)

Wow, that was an unfortunate series of rolls. Does this still count as "finishing" a dungeon?

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2023, 08:59:59 am »

Hearts alive, that's a painful trap. I vote we take the smith's tools for ourselves back to the guild and get the hell out. Of course, if you two should like to venture the last floor, Elliot can't complain.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2023, 03:00:34 pm »

"Its to dangerous for us to explore without a warrior. We should get him to safety."

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2023, 06:21:09 am »

"Agreed" says Aywen. And then they evacuate Elliot and divide the loot.
The end.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2023, 06:20:09 pm »

I would like to see more flexibility with player pairing, it is my understand some players can't play together, correct?
Awesome With Autism

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2023, 08:39:37 pm »

it seems like it would be easy to include more as long as we had atleast one of each type

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2023, 01:51:29 am »

In that case, Blacktooth is interested in joining any expedition not toward his homeland in the South.
Awesome With Autism

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2023, 02:50:09 am »

We need a cleric and we really need a ranger. Bruv here is the only one with any sleight in their hands in the entire guild!

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2023, 07:28:09 am »

Elliot could also be a cleric, assuming I read the rules at the beginning right?

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2023, 10:39:05 am »

You can multiclass and you finished your first dungeon so Eliot could become level 1 warrior level 1 cleric. a1s, do you want to level up in bard or multicalss?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12