Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45154 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

7.1 Guineas over 3 months. So 6.5, or 12.
Sand is 3.9x3, so 12. Not that much of a loss, but you do you. Owning the whole ship means I pay all the cost, but also get all the profits.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Little late, a1s, I already signed with Kashyyk.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

7.1 Guineas over 3 months. So 6.5, or 12.
Sand is 3.9x3, so 12. Not that much of a loss, but you do you. Owning the whole ship means I pay all the cost, but also get all the profits.

Uh, what does that first line of number mean?  Looks like gibberish to me.
Second line, you shouldn't round to the nearest whole number if your transaction is to the .01

Is Andrea bribing you?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh. I need to check my spreadsheet again...

No, my numbers are correct. Shame on you for trying to trick my customers.
As your math proved, wool only provides an extra profit over sand of 0.4 guineas... Per turn. Navigators are per trip.
Over a journey of 3 months, wool trade provides at current prices 1.2 extra guineas compared to sand of which, if you pay in advance, I only keep 0.4 guineas in navigator fees.

So no, wool trade with fees isn't at loss.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 12:10:31 pm by andrea »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Early Summer, Y2
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

*Deep breath*
The Jolly Crustacean, Warrick, Woolritter, Magierin, Sandshape, Bloody Shark and Great Granular Galleon depart. The Warrick is still a little dinged up, but not severely.
[1.6/2gn Warrick repairs paid]

A doomsayer predicts the eternal ruination of the Motherlands if the sinful Sand is not expelled from her blessed shores. On the other hand, stockpiles are running dangerously low, so the price remains stable.
[4 Sand Sold]

Wool stocks near depletion, and brokers are relieved to see a new influx. The price rises slightly, despite yet another tailor decrying the stuff as trash.
[18 Wool Sold]

The high bid in the Royal Auction still stands at 3 Guineas. This is the last month in which bids will be accepted.

You know him, you love him, you- wait, you've never heard of Luther van Pillar? The madman who keeps ranting about the world being a massive ring (constructed by strange creatures who live on "other planets") around the sun, which is actually a giant star? No? Huh. Well, now you have.
Anyway. Luther has, somehow, managed to cajole enough folks into giving him cash to afford a shiny new caravel. Now he is intent on proving his theory, by sailing all the way around the ring. Eventually. Gotta start small, by sailing either East or West and finding a suitable place where he could resupply for further voyages. There's just one small problem- his backers didn't give him enough money to actually provision his vessel for such a voyage. So he is now soliciting donations, promising charts in return. A sufficiently generous donation of 7.5 Guineas (or more) will earn the donor exclusive access to the charts. The Crown lets it be known that any smaller donations will be considered in the public interest- the public interest in this case being getting Luther to go away for a while.
Luther will also be taking advice as to which direction to sail in- the only options being east or west, for obvious reasons (sailing north or south risks sailing over the edge). He intends to depart at the beginning of Autumn, after three months of gathering donations.

Quote from: Invention
Wilco Ventures - 5 Wool: Lace Pattern Clothing:
What merchant would be caught dead in peasant's garb? A true businessman wears his wealth on his sleeve. The intricate patterns involved in creating these garments prove that the wearer is both rich and fashionable.
[Lace Pattern Clothing is a pointless but prestigious trinket. Wearers have the official right to mock those without it as being shabbily dressed. To produce more costs two units of Wool.]
[Wilco Ventures receives Lace Pattern Clothing blueprints and one (1) Lace Pattern Clothing]

Quote from: Invention
Sharky's Financial Services - 10 Wool: Spinning Jack:
Wool is great and all, but some tailors don't like it. Moira speculates that this is due to the cost of having it spun and woven into the sort of cloth they are familiar with. Thus, she presents the Spinning Jack, an incredibly complicated device featuring several wheels, spindles, levers, and what appears to be a bird cage. While of little use to traders, a single Spinning Jack will bolster the demand for Wool by processing it much faster, and more will only further increase demand.
[A Spinning Jack is a demand-bolstering device. Gifting one to the Market will increase the demand for Wool by one unit per turn. To produce more costs one Wool and one Guinea. A maximum of 12 can be given to the Market]
[Sharky's Financial Services receives Spinning Jack blueprints and two (2) Spinning Jacks]

The Nearsouth Nsailor and Enterprise arrive in good condition.

PRICES
Sand   - 0.39 Guineas per unit (+0)
Wool   - 0.72 Guineas per unit (+0.01)
Ships  - 11 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand | Public charts
Norderland     - 3 Month round trip, yields Wool | Exclusive charts

SHIPS
>Jolly Crustacean       - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Summer Y2, expected to return end of Mid Summer Y2 [SCOPE]
>Warrick                - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Summer Y2, expected to return end of Mid Summer Y2 Damaged 0-0.4gn
<Nearsouth Nsailor      - Returned end of Early Summer Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Mid Summer Y2
<Enterprise             - Returned end of Early Summer Y2 with 10 units of Wool. Intending to depart for Norderland in beginning Mid Summer Y2
>Woolritter             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Summer Y2, expected to return end of Late Summer Y2
>Magierin               - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Summer Y2, expected to return end of Mid Summer Y2
>Sandshape              - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Summer Y2, expected to return end of Mid Summer Y2 [SCOPE]
>Bloody Shark           - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Summer Y2, expected to return end of Late Summer Y2
>Great Granular Galleon - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Summer Y2, expected to return end of Mid Summer Y2

Dreary Black Pincer    - Explorer. Departed North in Late Winter Y1. ETA: Unknown

OTHER OFFERINGS
Moira Libum is always taking donations of any amount/combination of resources, and will provide blueprints in return.

Royal Auction: "Honorary Commodore of the Royal Navy" (LOT2BID), 1 turns remaining (High bid 3gn)

Luther van Pillar, Explorer: Seeks donations for exploration mission to the East or West. 7.5gn for Exclusive Charts. 3 turns remaining.

NEW MECHANIC: Demand-Bolstering Devices. Some inventions may boost demand for a product. As market prices are significantly impacted by the difference between supply and demand, increased demand means increased prices. Tag donations of these devices to the Market with ACTx3. The Crown may approve of such selfless efforts to improve the Motherland's economy.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sand! Take my 2 sand.
Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

I wonder, will Pillar still be around when my wool shipment comes in? Meanwhile, my price for the market booster isn't valid given it costs money. Instead, I'd like you to boost the market once my next ship comes in.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 08:37:08 am by TricMagic »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

A sufficiently generous donation of 7.5 Guineas (or more) will earn the donor exclusive access to the charts.

Just give Andrea the chart already, what's with the dog and pony show?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A sufficiently generous donation of 7.5 Guineas (or more) will earn the donor exclusive access to the charts.

Just give Andrea the chart already, what's with the dog and pony show?
Look, I gotta siphon money out of the system somehow, and taking money from Andrea is the most efficient way of doing things. Andrea siphons money from the rest of you, I siphon money from Andrea.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would want to buy it though. Then have Andrea lease it to others. Also, I'm going to want a loan as soon as the explorer comes back so I can buy another ship. Can't do that if Andrea doesn't have the money to lend.

I'm going to have a whole fleet at some point.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

I'm going to have a whole fleet at some point.

How many pet chickens do you have? Pet crabs?

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

ActActAct: Donate the first commissioned Lace Pattern Clothing, as the monarchy deserves only the best... The chief of Wilco Ventures does the unthinkable and donates the blueprint to public giving up control over it, as he believes all should have access to better clothing.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:40:23 pm by flazeo25 »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Time to start getting my loan-repayment money stacking up.

Also, if sand is slandered ONE MORE TIME in a potentially price-affecting manner I'm afraid that I'm going to be forced to explain its merits in a 1000-word essay

ACTACTACT: Sell 3 sand for 1.17 Guineas.

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Sell 3 Units of wool for 2.16 G.
FlabortFlabortFlabort: Pay .216 dividend to Flabort.
a1sa1sa1s: Pay 1.155 G for outstanding debts to Aywanez Enterprises, the debt is fully paid.

Spoiler: "VVT Assets" (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Time to start getting my loan-repayment money stacking up.

Also, if sand is slandered ONE MORE TIME in a potentially price-affecting manner I'm afraid that I'm going to be forced to explain its merits in a 1000-word essay

ACTACTACT: Sell 3 sand for 1.17 Guineas.

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)

+1 to that*!  All hail Sand, the ultimate in commodities!  Who needs allergy-inducing Wool?  Sand can become ANYTHING!

In a completely and utterly unrelated issue, who gets the charts if when Dreary Black Pincer returns?

(+1 to the sentiment, and not the action.  Sigh, this was supposed to be a simple and fun post, but now its complicated and probably less more fun!)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In a completely and utterly unrelated issue, who gets the charts if when Dreary Black Pincer returns?
Nobody. Dorothy Horsegame didn't offer Exclusive Charts. So they become public, allowing anyone to use them, just like the Nearsouthlands route.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 71