Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45126 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

I have 4 guineas (if I sell some sand) so a ship is realistic between the 3 of us.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Haha, well, I am sort of aiming very specifically for having 6 shares on a ship, and waiting ‘til then.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Majority be that way.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here come the licenses.

We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for a SCOPE to the undersigned Aywanez Enterprises at a cost of 0.8 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.
Sharky's financial ventures only provides the single use blueprints, not the full product. It is up to the buyer to gather the raw materials for assembly (aka: bring your own sand)

-Sharky's financial services
-

We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for a SCOPE to the undersigned HAPPY CRAB LLC at a cost of 0.8 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.
Sharky's financial ventures only provides the single use blueprints, not the full product. It is up to the buyer to gather the raw materials for assembly (aka: bring your own sand)

-

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:27:46 pm by andrea »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Late Spring, Y2
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

The Nearsouth Nsailor departs, feeling very lonely.

The decorative sand jar fad abates, and the price of Sand takes a tiny hit.
[6 Sand Sold]

Despite the sick burn Wool received last month, the Market still hungers. As stocks are depleted, the price rises slightly.
[0 Wool Sold]

The auction for the title of "Honorary Commodore of the Royal Navy" stands at a high bid of 3 Guineas (effectively).

Oh, jeez. That's a lot of ships.
The Woolritter shows up, having been blinded by thick fog whilst returning from Norderland, causing a delay, but no damage.
The Sandshape, similarly, suffered from harmless delays, having found itself becalmed after some navigational errors.
The Warrick, whilst perfectly on time, looks a little worse for wear- the ship was attacked by pirates near Norderland. They were able to fend them off, but suffered some losses and structural damage. Hiring new crew and repairing the ship will cost 2 Guineas, though she could sail as is.
The Jolly Crustacean, Magierin, and Bloody Shark are on time and unharmed.

Seeing the harbour becoming increasingly crowded, the Crown has decided to commence an expansion of docks and facilities. To finance this expansion, a tax on new ships has been introduced.

PRICES
Sand   - 0.39 Guineas per unit (-0.01)
Wool   - 0.71 Guineas per unit (+0.03)
Ships  - 11 Guineas each (+1)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand | Public charts
Norderland     - 3 Month round trip, yields Wool | Exclusive charts

SHIPS
<Jolly Crustacean       - Returned end of Late Spring Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Summer Y2
<Warrick                - Returned end of Late Spring Y2 with 10 units of Wool. Intending to depart for Norderland in beginning Early Summer Y2 Damaged 0-2gn
>Nearsouth Nsailor      - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Spring Y2, expected to return end of Early Summer Y2
Enterprise             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Mid Spring Y2, expected to return end of Early Summer Y2
<Woolritter             - Returned end of Late Spring Y2 with 10 units of Wool. Intending to depart for Norderland in beginning Early Summer Y2
<Magierin               - Returned end of Late Spring Y2 with 10 units of Wool. Intending to depart for Norderland in beginning Early Summer Y2
<Sandshape              - Returned end of Late Spring Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Summer Y2
<Bloody Shark           - Returned end of Late Spring Y2 with 10 units of Wool. Intending to depart for Norderland in beginning Early Summer Y2

Dreary Black Pincer    - Explorer. Departed North in Late Winter Y1. ETA: Unknown

OTHER OFFERINGS
Moira Libum is always taking donations of any amount/combination of resources, and will provide blueprints in return.

Royal Auction: "Honorary Commodore of the Royal Navy" (LOT2BID), 2 turns remaining

NEW MECHANIC: Ship Prices. Yeah, the price of ships can change. Not as often as regular prices, but it can happen.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:35:11 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

@ACTACTACT:
Present the Captain of the Jolly Crustacean with a SCOPE.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you may want to actually sign the contract for that...

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

you may want to actually sign the contract for that...

e_e

We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for a SCOPE to the undersigned HAPPY CRAB LLC at a cost of 0.8 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.

-Happy Crab LLC

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Happy to be of service! enjoy.

while I am here I shall also send a public message:

are you all going to sell wool at the same time? that doesn't really bode well for prices...

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

You mean since their 40 wool and 20 sand now in stock?, that cause price to come crashing down if flooded.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT NOW: Sell all 20 Wool for 14.2 Guineas.Changed. Selling 10 wool instead.

Debts must be repaid. Also, money. Andrea, what's the cost to repay everything now? Things are looking up, even as prices are set to tumble down.

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

Also, future contracts will soon be pain now that prices for ships have gone up.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 03:10:52 pm by TricMagic »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

13.46 guineas. But I shall round it to 13 , since you are several months early.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

13.46 guineas. But I shall round it to 13 , since you are several months early.
Pay the Shark their Money.
I'll also need one navigator to Norderland for the Bloody Shark. Thank you for your help in setting up.

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 04:30:17 pm by TricMagic »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, could I get 5.9 guineas and 10 wool (equivalent to 7.1 guineas) instead? I could use some.

Whatever you decide on that, You are welcome. Helping players to set up profitable businesses is my job, and it seems to have worked extraordinarily well for you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I assume you plan to use it to make a new invention? So long as I have rights to create the invention myself so long as I do not sell or otherwise trade the blueprints to others, or use it on ships I don't have majority hold in.

Note this doesn't affect the prototype, I still need to gather my own resources to make that item.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 04:37:34 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 71