Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45144 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT
Donate 10 wool to Moira, hoping for something useful for either merchants or failing that industry.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, so, I'm going to request an extension, since there appears to be a contractual violation happening right now. It isn't my obligation to handle such matters, of course, but there is also no rule that says I can't point it out.
Currently, the Warrick has its destination set as Norderland. However, I don't believe that Andrea intends to allow this. I could just go ahead with the turn, but I will be generous and give folks the chance to fix this if desired.
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, forgot about that, I think the profit margin is good enough to do it again, any issues?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

@Rockeater It's more that Andrea wants to keep wool price stabilized if more than few ships go every turn to get wool then rapidly decrease.

Quote from: Ship Redirection
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to redirect the Warrick to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands.
-Wilco Ventures
-
-

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't argue with that sadly

We, the undersigned private entities, agree to redirect the Warrick to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands.
-Wilco Ventures
-Rock's Firm
-
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

sumbitch

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could be bribed otherwise, but currently wool and sand prices are dangerously close to equalizing. This turn's abundance isn't likely to help, although mitigated by a rush of wool toward inventions. Should new uses for wool appear, I will certainly relax the limit. But I shall seek to drive a stable growth rather than a boom and bust cycle.

edit: when I say that I can be bribed, I don't necessarily mean from the owners of ships sailing to wool, powder.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Wool Rush. Look on the bright side, the explorer should be back sometime soon. At which point I may need to buy another ship.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

@Rockeater & @a1s I'm willing to buy out your shares in Warrick I am to cover repairs if your looking to sell them.
What price are you willing to pay? Currently a share in a new ship goes for 1.1 Guinea and I'm happy to sell for that. (I have 2 shares)

We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for a SCOPE to the undersigned Aywanez Enterprises at a cost of 0.8 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.
Sharky's financial ventures only provides the single use blueprints, not the full product. It is up to the buyer to gather the raw materials for assembly (aka: bring your own sand)

- Sharky's financial services
- Aywanez Enterprises

ACTACTACT: use 3 sand to create a Scope and immediately place it onto Sandshape.
ACTACTACT: sell 2 wool for 1.42 guineas

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Great Granular Galleon' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. A 1/10 share will be given to each signer to the contract for each 1.1 guineas put into the cost of the ship.  These can be sold or given away at any time. Each 1/10 share entitles the holder to 1/10 of the Great Granular Galleon's cargo, and each 1/10 share will also obligate the shareholder to pay 1/10 of repair costs in case of damage. These normally must be paid within two months, but a shareholder can also choose to pay other shareholders' repair costs. If this does not happen and shareholder(s) do not pay their repair costs within the two month period, the shares of the nonpaying shareholder(s) are defaulted to the paying shareholders, divided between them (rounding towards closest integers). Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 6/10 of all shares of the Great Granular Galleon. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Great Granular Galleon to be in agreement.

Signed:
-Powder and Partners - 6.6 guineas (6/10 shares)
-Aywanez Enterprises - 3.3 guineas (3/10 shares)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I could be bribed otherwise, but currently wool and sand prices are dangerously close to equalizing. This turn's abundance isn't likely to help, although mitigated by a rush of wool toward inventions. Should new uses for wool appear, I will certainly relax the limit. But I shall seek to drive a stable growth rather than a boom and bust cycle.

edit: when I say that I can be bribed, I don't necessarily mean from the owners of ships sailing to wool, powder.

Remember folks, a bribe is an offering of money or other valuable consideration to ignore one's ethical obligations.  So if the above isn't clear enough for you, I imagine Andrea would be happy to ignore their thoughts about stabilizing the wool trade for enough bathtubs of guineas.

"Bribes are like the wind, they can push a boat in any direction" - Old Jack Proverb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWRlxSGf_ns

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well. I wouldn't ignore my thoughts on stable wool prices. But part of my thoughts is that should wool devalue enough, I won't be able to get fees from the trade anymore.
And that thought can be put to rest by the sound of guineas ringing in the bathtub.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 04:59:11 pm by andrea »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

-Wilco Ventures
-Rock's Firm

ActActAct: Since over 60% voted to redirect it, change Warrick destination to Nearsouthlands.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well. I wouldn't ignore my thoughts on stable wool prices. But part of my thoughts is that should wool devalue enough, I won't be able to get fees from the trade anymore.
And that thought can be put to rest by the sound of guineas ringing in the bathtub.

Hm, that sounds like fees and FEES. You could even express it on a graph with equations and stuff!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah right.  Fellow owners of Sandshape: Please keep the Sandshape going to pick up sand.  The wool run is a loss at current prices with navigator costs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 71