Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45098 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

And I would buy them, but then I can't afford the Scope. Would you sell for 1gn/share?  :-\

Sure, you've been a solid co-owner.  I'll take a hit if it helps get it moving. That's 3  shares for 3 guineas, and my share of the navigator costs

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

That's 3.18 guineas transferred.
Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

LOT2BID: 3 royal favour and 0.05 guineas

Dunno if anyone wants to join the Anti-Andrea collation and donate towards my bid?  I'll gladly share any intel I get, granting Lieutenant status which guarantees sharing of all info.  I think only Guineas donations are allowed.

...I would totally understand if you are all too chicken to consider such an endeavor.  This does seem like a declaration of war versus the Almighty Andrea Banking Empire, after all.

Also, if Nuke says that somehow this, like every other suggestion I've made, is somehow illegal, I'm declaring Nuke and Andrea in collusion.  Most realistic simulator of Early Renaissance England I've ever seen...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That’s il- uh, nevermind, carry on.
Long Live United Forenia!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am bidding for m1895, I won't be keeping the title.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Andrea, I'm not sure that slave auctions are something NUKE is planning to institute.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They aren't. I am bidding for the title, then selling it to m1895 for equal value to my bid, as I am bound to do by the contract signed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

you can't fool me, andrea, i'm onto your plans to purchase my good buddy pal friend m eighteen ninety five

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, that. No, he is a deposit holder on the bank. He will not be enslaved. I only deal with debt slavery.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 01:01:24 pm by andrea »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The issue becomes that it is legal. Not that these Corsairs would know, given we made our burst into fleetdom off the backs of other people using Andrea's services first.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mid Summer, Y2
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

The Nsailor and Enterprise depart on schedule.

Though fresh sand enters the market, buyers can't help but notice their stocks becoming increasingly dire, and this drives them to offer higher prices in hopes of avoiding shortages.
[12 Sand Sold]

It almost seemed like Wool's reputation was reaching a critically low point (with yet more tailors joining the chorus of critics), when the sudden appearance of open-source blueprints for a brand new clothing style causes a resurgence. Seeing the Queen herself wearing the Lace Pattern Clothing solidifies the new fashion, and the price of wool increases.
[12 Wool Sold]

The Royal Auction concludes, with the CEO of Sharky's Financial Services invited to the Headquarters of the Admiralty, where they are somewhat begrudgingly given a hand-me-down Commodore's uniform and a blunt sword. They are also given a copy of the Admiralty's Pirate Bulletin (which is created by Naval Intelligence, using reports provided by- naturally- Spire Pigeons. That is, the reports are sent via Spire Pigeon. The pigeons themselves do not write the reports. Probably).
[Sharky's Financial Services receives the title "Honorary Commodore of the Royal Navy". Intel is sent via PM]

The CEO of Wilco Venture receives an invitation to the royal palace, where the Queen thanks them- in person!- for the Lace Pattern Clothing gift, as well as their selfless surrender of the blueprints.
On the other hand, she does remark on the state of their clothing, and makes a friendly suggestion that one should endeavour to dress up better for an audience with royalty.
[Wilco Ventures receives 5 Royal Favour]

The publication of the blueprints for the Spinning Jack cause less of a stir than the Lace Pattern Clothing, though this is perhaps due to a lack of working examples. After all, Moira Libum's blueprints... are not exactly self-explanatory. Nevertheless, the Crown sends Sharky's Financial Services a letter praising them for their contribution to the advancement of the sciences.
[Sharky's Financial Services receives 2 Royal Favour]

Luther van Pillar receives the generous donation of 7.5 Guineas with his typical grace and charm. Which is to say, he treats the donor to a meandering rant about his astronomical theories and how they apply to the migratory habits of dolphins. Somewhere in the middle, he does promise that he will keep his discoveries confidential. Provided the donor is not outbid, that is- he needs some time to prepare everything for his voyage, and it is the way of things in the Motherlands that more money is always welcome (the original donation would be refunded in this case, obviously).

Many ships return from the Nearsouthlands this month: the Jolly Crustacean, Warrick, Sandshape and Great Granular Galleon. Missing from their number is the Magierin, which the crew of the Jolly Crustacean are able to partly explain. Apparently the two ships encountered a port in the Nearsouthlands that was flying a plague flag- so the crew of the Jolly Crustacean sensibly avoided it and headed further down the coast. The Magierin, however, ignored the warning.

PRICES
Sand   - 0.43 Guineas per unit (+0.04)
Wool   - 0.78 Guineas per unit (+0.06)
Ships  - 11 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand | Public charts
Norderland     - 3 Month round trip, yields Wool | Exclusive charts

SHIPS
<Jolly Crustacean       - Returned end of Mid Summer Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Summer Y2 [SCOPE]
<Warrick                - Returned end of Mid Summer Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Summer Y2 Damaged 0-0.4gn
>Nearsouth Nsailor      - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Mid Summer Y2, expected to return end of Late Summer Y2
>Enterprise             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Mid Summer Y2, expected to return end of Early Autumn Y2
Woolritter             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Summer Y2, expected to return end of Late Summer Y2
!Magierin               - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Summer Y2, expected to return end of Mid Summer Y2 Missing
<Sandshape              - Returned end of Mid Summer Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Summer Y2 [SCOPE]
Bloody Shark           - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Summer Y2, expected to return end of Late Summer Y2
<Great Granular Galleon - Returned end of Mid Summer Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Summer Y2

Dreary Black Pincer    - Explorer. Departed North in Late Winter Y1. ETA: Unknown

OTHER OFFERINGS
Moira Libum is always taking donations of any amount/combination of resources, and will provide blueprints in return.

Luther van Pillar, Explorer: Seeks donations for exploration mission to the East or West. 7.5gn donated for Exclusive Charts (8gn or more to outbid). 2 turns remaining.

NEW MECHANIC: Out-Bidding Explorer Donations. So long as an Explorer is still in port, you can outbid someone who donated for exclusive charts. These bids should raise the prior by a minimum of 0.5 Guineas, as Explorers haven't the time for managing an extensive auction. Losing donation-bids will be refunded in full.

ALSO: Every single one of you is dressed like a slob.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

The SCOPE pays off  ;)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sadly, my wool isn't here yet.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

ActActAct: Sell 8U of Sand for 3.44 Guineas.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 71