Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: On the Origins of Conflict (IC)  (Read 15633 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: On the Origins of Conflict (IC)
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2019, 06:06:00 am »

[Ardual]
Ardual knew it needed to hide, but where? The Empty Expanse wasn't safe, and . Choosing the safest option, Ardual hid within the bowels of the dead Bitey, where it attempted to heal its wounds. But the burn of Thought seared still.

Ardual recovered 3 Vitality
In the distant font of Violence, Motion Like Violence screams gleefully, "I seee yoooou.", yet there were only the strange creatures of her realm to hear her. Annoyed, at their lack of appreciation for her rapier wit she grabbed up several of them and squished and warped them into a something new. As she worked, as is her wont, Motion Like Violence attempted to sabotage herself by distracting herself by speaking with those who were not of Violence.

A bellow reverbates into homes of the other Origins and of the Elementals, "I, Motion like Violence, claim the Havoclands as the sole dominion of Violence. Those who would seek to wrest them or their rich bounty from me would have to suffer under Violence."

The voices constantly fluctuate as if some of them are devoured only to be replaced by other voices as heads regenerate.

"But I am not a deity without compassion or tolerance. The complete subjugation of all others before the might of Violence upon the Mortal Plane, while right and proper, was not by my design."

"I would request the aid of my fellow gods in destroying the World-Killer Adrual, before dismantling the Celestial Spheres to cease their interference in the proper workings of the suns and worlds."

And then from the Source of Violence marched an endless stream of soldiers, eyes fierce and aglint with the madness of Violence.

Action 1: [9 Power]   Motion Like Violence creates the thousand strong Gatecrasher Legion, placing 200 of them in the corrupted second Domain of Violence to combat the Corruption there and 200 in the corrupted second subdomain of Havoc to help the Moontoad Havocwar fight the corruption there.

A further 100 Gatecrashers are sent to the First Domain of Havoc to wipe out any and all Dust of Radiance there, before wiping away all traces of corruption they may have caused, with another 100 Gatecrashers doing the same in the Third Subdomain of Havoc.

The remaining 400 Gatecrashers are scattered across the planes of Violence and Havoc, to map them, and gather all their essences and lesser essences and offer them to Motion Like Violence in the Source of Violence, before going to reinforce the corruption cleansers.

The entire Gatecrasher Legion has standing orders to destroy Dust of Radiance on sight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Action 2: Upon the solar winds did the sinister whispers of Motion Like Violence travel to Elt, telling her of the corrupt existence that is Adrual, who had killed a world before, and desired to do so again. Of the warhost raised to defeat him, and the spot available in this mighty band of stalwarts for her, if she would take up the challenge and accept the risks of this heroic task

Action 3: The four Moon-Toads on the Mortal Plane, Life-Lily, Firemountain, Earthegg and Controller are commanded to once more fight Adrual. Motion Like Violence tells them of what it perceives of Adruals hiding, but warns it may be a trick.

If and once they manage to defeat Adrual, the Moontoads are to destroy the stationary Celestial Sphere, and the astral body Celestial Sphere (the silver and golden), and take up the world Celestial Sphere (bronze) as a weapon to be used in defence against worldsharks or other aggressive planet-sized entities.

Action 4: Motion Like Violence personally claims the Essence of Violence in the Source of Violence
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:56:13 am by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2019, 09:31:25 am »

"Agreement and disagreement." Cirno responds.

"Jigsaw has lost itself to Violence. Unless Thought intervenes, I shall end this feud and turn the United World Shark upon Adrual."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2019, 09:33:23 am »

"Don't forget about us, Motion Like Violence! We want to help, too!" "As a Goddess of conflict and strife, I just can't let this opportunity pass. Would you grant us permission to lead your warriors against Ardual?" "War! War! War! Dealing with the Paladins can wait, I want to join the fight! Also, do you mind if we call you just "Violence"?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2019, 09:40:42 am »

The voice of Motion Like Violence finds it difficult to penetrate several layers of worlds from the mouth of warring Multitude to where Eris and Discordia rest, having been reduced to a faint and papery echo on the breeze by the time it reached them.

"Names are an external vanity, call me as you desire. Your help I would welcome."

"I bear no great grudge against your kind despite the infiltration of my domains, and seek only to avenge the death of Bitey and reclaim his soul."

"You may fight side by side with my Moontoads and the Purifires, in the vanguard if you so wish, or pitting your wits against his."

"Agreement and disagreement." Cirno responds.

"Jigsaw has lost itself to Violence. Unless Thought intervenes, I shall end this feud and turn the United World Shark upon Adrual."
"Speak clearly meddler."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2019, 09:57:56 am »

The world upon the jigsaw is lava, without any thought to speak of. While Multitude contains more Life. Therefore, I would see Jigsaw broken, or his reasoning restored. If you can speak to them, do so and intervene in this battle.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2019, 10:01:46 am »

The world upon the jigsaw is lava, without any thought to speak of. While Multitude contains more Life. Therefore, I would see Jigsaw broken, or his reasoning restored. If you can speak to them, do so and intervene in this battle.
"The one who has lost their reasoning is not Jigsaw, who maintains the clarity of mind granted by Violence, but Multitude, who is polluted by the meddling of Time and Destiny. See clearly and cease thine false accusations."

[Jigsaw and Multitude]
With the Era of Violence, both Worldsharks energies were elevated, and their bloodlust amplified. Multitude fell to his instincts, and stopped fleeing to attack Jigsaw.

But Jigsaw managed to retain its senses, and felt that something was off with the Astral Bodies. He swore to investigate and make anyone who messed with his stars pay with more than a bite. But first, he had to deal with Multitude.

((The one who went insane really is Multitude, Jigsaw is fine. If Multitude would stop attacking him he'd go to seek his revenge against the Star-Meddler.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2019, 11:23:09 am »

With the lack of gates, It noticed that there was only them and the paladins of Life with the Shard.

It rested...after having been acquainted by all paladins present, and after exchanging several deep sentimentalities with them about the meaning of Life and Thought, while still sitting on the Shard.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2019, 04:20:20 pm »

Monarch, lazily slou- er, being comfortably seated on his throne, reaches out with a tendril of shadow to claim his Lesser Essence.

He then flourishes his arm, exerting his power to create a legion of loyal Servants.

Spoiler: The Umbral Legion (click to show/hide)

He summons them directly into the Mortal Plane to aid Motion Like Violence against Ardual, with a small detachment making sure that the aftershocks from combat will not impact Bitey's remains (most concern is on Harken Tal) too much.

He flourishes his arm, but stops himself mid-motion, clicking his tongue as he realizes that what he wanted to do is impossible at this time. Instead, he turns his attention to the Empire of Harken Tal. Its Sovereigns to be more exact.

They'd feel a rush of Power, as Monarch raised them to Champions. -3P

Spoiler: Noxian Sovereigns (click to show/hide)

Then, he contacts them. "I am Monarch, the one you worship as the Shadow God of Conquest. Heed my call and bend the knee. Your efforts are to be rewarded. That was the first part of it. The second is a warning - a battle of cosmic proportions will likely happen close to or on this world. It may or may not have impact upon your lands. Prepare yourselves." As a parting 'gift' he shows them a vision of Bitey's Temple of Time's location, explaining it as a "way to travel to other worlds", to do with as they will.

With that done, he selects one of the floating islands on Elt and creates his Realm of Control upon it.

Having used most of his Power, Monarch places his head upon his hand as he rests.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 03:48:15 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2019, 10:05:42 pm »

"Yay! I mean, we would have gone anyways, but it's good that we can be friends and work together! Chaos, conflict and violence should always go together!" "Worry not, for I will make him pay for his crimes."

Discordia uses Hysmine and rallies Motion Like Violence's creations and the Umbral Legion in the name of Violence, declaring war against Ardual. The Goddesses stay in the front of the formation, Discordia using the war flag's power to increase their combat potential while Eris wields Ate in anticipation.

When combat begins, Discordia leads the troops against the Anathema, waving Hysmine in the air while letting her sister do most of the fighting. Eris then uses the power of Ate to break Ardual's regenerative powers and immortality, to ensure that he at least receives permanent damage from the encounter.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2019, 01:58:10 am »

"Goddess of faces, i see you have a corruption problem so i'll help clear it out"
Goasis then creates a very strong cleaning army of servants using 9 power to make them, which he then orders them to clean up the corruption inside the domains of thought and balance
Goasis also collects the essence of his source and orders bigsy to collect the one in the domain of thought while also getting rid of that destiny corruption
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2019, 02:11:08 am »

The Raja turned its attention to the Domain of Thought and did thusly commune with the divine entity there- currently nameless.

"Lonesome Baronetess of Thought, perchance trouble yourself with inclined question of mine forming; why do you make bossum cullies and freonds of loathsome souls incarnated with tyrannic affinities? Paladins, an affront-ment foul of a title most noble, are accursed beings of dictatorial influence, of servitude and entrapment.  Tis is most depressing, a most disastrous kinship."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:13:03 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2019, 05:42:48 pm »

For a time unknown, does Cirno contemplate.

And so they speak to It.

"Offspring, I would ensure you do not allow those who say they will aid you to take from you. Collect thy Essence."

Cirno then contemplates some more on what to do.

Preliminary Action: If the Thought Essence is found, those that found it will be frozen by the Trigger. This does not include Thought, as It will undoubtedly be able to notice and reach to collect the essence.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2019, 08:02:47 pm »

Metaphyr gazed at the massive living creature as Elt and had genuine happiness out of the rampant destruction and struggles of the mortals. A paradise untouched, she moves attention to Elt to plant her realm.

action 1:

As the realm builds itself, Metaphyr rests again to gain some more strength.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2019, 08:15:44 pm »

Arkai was sleepy during this period. He would rest much and replenish himself. But first, there was something he needed.

Arkai opens a gate to the Subdomain of Thought. He steps though, collects his paladins and the Replicator, then returns to back through the gate to the Subdomain of Life.

Arkai then helps the paladins convert the shard. As well as collect the essence in his realm.

Then Arkai rests.

Spoiler: For Nakeen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:03:14 am by Roboson »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2019, 11:49:06 pm »

"Hmm, it didn't work the way I expected, but it works for now, I will wait before continuing."
Consume the essence I have for 3 power, take the essence in my domain and rest
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16