Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: On the Origins of Conflict (IC)  (Read 15580 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
On the Origins of Conflict (IC)
« on: May 24, 2019, 02:57:37 am »

On the Origins of Conflict
(OOC)

Cycle 1, Genesis Phase: Arrival of the Origins

"5 Original Gods have answered my call! Here, they come, into this bauble of possibilities that is this unborn universe. There is nothing yet, but their presence will turn nether into existence. This is before the beginning."

------First there was Nothing. Then came the Origins------

Only one word could describe what was before the Origins appeared. Nothing. There was no concept, no form, no presence. The moment they touched the Universe, the Origins rooted themselves into it, giving it meaning.

First came Azeri' kith, the Original Chaos. In the infinitesimal instant Azeri' kith was alone, the Origin of Chaos brought existence to the nothingness.
Chaos. The quality of potential, of possibilities. Chaos has no constant shape, every changing, and always many things at once.

Next came Motion like Violence and Sekur, the Original Violence and the Original Creation.
Violence. The quality of competition, of interaction. When there is more than one, there is Violence.
Creation. The quality of nature, of innate properties. When there is, there is Creation.

The three Origins clashed on a scale so great, oblivion was ruptured and the universe expanded into a shape of reality. It was only an instant, a gasp of time. And when it was over, Chaos had won, forever cementing its place above Violence and Creation. And Violence and Creation, having arrived together, became compatible.

Last came Goasis and Cirno Fate Trigger, the Original Balance and the Original Time.
Balance. The quality of equivalence, of opposition. Because there is one, there must be another one.
Time. The quality of existence, of progress. Because these is action, there must be a direction.

Once again, another primordial clash for dominion occured. Taking advantage of the weakened Chaos, Balance and Time managed to overpower it, keeping it in check. But weakened themselves, they were then defeated by Violence and Creation. As the previous Origins did, Balance and Time became compatible.

Thus were decided the relations between the Origins.

ChaosViolenceCreationBalanceTime
ChaosCompatibleWeakWeakStrongStrong
ViolenceStrongCompatibleCompatibleWeakWeak
CreationStrongCompatibleCompatibleWeakWeak
BalanceWeakStrongStrongCompatibleCompatible
TimeWeakStrongStrongCompatibleCompatible

Characteristics of the Origins:

Spoiler: Origin of Chaos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Origin of Violence (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Origin of Creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Origin of Balance (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Origin of Time (click to show/hide)

------Then the Origins settled into their respective Planes------

With the Origins having found their place, reality started settling in, allowing the Planes to start taking shape. The Universe was still pure, dyed in the colors of the Origins. There were no Elements. No Corruption. Yet.

Source of Chaos
First Domain of Chaos
Second Domain of Chaos

Source of Violence
First Domain of Violence
Second Domain of Violence

Source of Creation
First Domain of Creation
Second Domain of Creation

Source of Balance
Sole Domain of Balance

Source of Time
Sole Domain of Time

------Finally, the Original Gods acted------

"The stage is yours, now."

-The Original Gods appear in the Source of their Origin. They have no Realm as of yet, and may construct it for no cost. Describe what your Realm, located in the Source, looks like.

-Every Original God starts with 1 Essence of their respective Origin.

-Elemental Gods and Corrupted Gods will appear once this turn is completed.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 03:04:10 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On the Origins of Conflict (IC)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 02:58:37 am »

GODS

ASTRAL PLANES

Spoiler: Planes of Chaos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planes of Violence (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planes of Creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planes of Balance (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planes of Time (click to show/hide)

MORTAL PLANE

Spoiler: Nothing yet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 03:03:41 am by Nakéen »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 03:01:11 am »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 03:14:02 am »

Spoiler: Realm description (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 03:15:52 am »

Motion like Violence reveled in the conflict with Chaos, even as this gave birth to more chaos. She bathed in her own blood, and through violent cutting, became the Heavens. She hated this, and loved this, and ripped off several of her own heads and devoured them in anger and celebration.

And in the dance of violence unto the I, a thousand screeching and lilting and rasping and halting and shouting and singing voices spoke, "I exist, and therefore do not exist. In this truthful bowl of lies where there is no I let us make the grandest of falsehoods. To those who wish to shape the battlefield for all future wars, join the me in holy union."

Action 1: [5 Power and 1 Violence Essence] At the center of all, upon the locus around which all turns, Motion like Violence rips herself in half, and disbelieves half of herself, transforming into a giant hydra-sun made of blinding light, radiating the scent of blood and violence to every corner, the din of distant battle always barely perceptible. A shining ball of a hundred times a hundred heads constantly battling against themselves, ripping off and consuming. Those who gaze directly upon the Hydra-Sun finds their eyes stabbed by it's aggressive light, and their minds slowly becoming filled with Violence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Action 2: [5 Power (Motion like Violence) + 5 Power (Goasis) + 5 Power (Sekur)] Motion like Violence vomits up three mewling stomach parasites, who rapidly balloon and grow under the light of the Hydra-Sun, their skins turning rocky and earthy, their hearts molten, their constantly spawning teeth and spine metallic, their eyes and veins icy. Three giant worlds that carry the vague outlines of sharks in their forms, they stalk and chase each other across the void sea, biting and swallowing chunks, maintaining a rough equilibrium between the three.

And Goasis and Sekur saw the massive former parasites and in their heart organs flickered a certain fondness. Goasis balanced the three against each other upon solar scales, and with each balancing they grew larger and more perfect. Sekur massaged the nascent worlds, much to their thrashing pleasure, filling them with power, and with cutting strokes most quick and precise, carved open the innards of the third. With surgery deific the shark's spleen was replaced with a pulsing pocket spleen world, within which was a further pocket tree-world, within which was a spatial coffer-world, within which was a extradimensional egg-world, within which was a microcosm needle-world.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Action 3: Through the wild thrashing and clawing of miles long coils of violence made flesh, the realm of violence begins to solidify into something comprehensible. Hundred mouthed creatures of all sorts and types crawl and fly and swim, warring against each other, with weapons, fists and teeth, and with the sharpest and most biting of words. Above the sky constantly strikes at itself and the ground with heat lighting, the winds battle themselves in tornadoes and the oozing slimy ground and oceans of literal blood is pelted with rains of acid, fire and ice. The oozing, suppurating earth shakes and quakes, tearing itself apart. Where blades meet flesh, new life crawls out, where the speakers brutalize each other until they understand violence and join together into a new creature, where battles are fought for territory, for peace, for the attention of the most High, or for entertainment.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:30:23 am by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 03:26:04 am »

Requesting Multiple worlds. Minimum three. offering Half total power towards this goal.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 03:29:52 am »

Goasis's realm is giant white and black space with many boards that were also blank but would slowly fill up once land existed in the mortal plane and clay featureless figurines were on the shelves, these figurines would take the shape of mortals and servants, his realm was boring in general for now
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 03:34:30 am »

"if you are willing to offer me 10 power total, which only means 5 power from two gods, I would be willing to make worlds that fit your taste"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 03:53:06 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 03:37:09 am »

"After due consideration the I that is not has come up with a most wondrous idea for three worlds. Each shall be a giant shark made of earth and stone and water and ice and all the other things of interest, swimming in the void that is not, constantly hunting and biting off pieces from the other two, maintaining a rough equilibrium between all three. Do the other gods approve of such an idea?"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2019, 04:01:42 am »

Alternative- Three Worlds, One of Ice, One of Earth, One of Air- Set such that they change order once per every 121 planitary rotations, such that one is always in a cold period, one average in temperature and one exceedingly hot.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2019, 04:07:53 am »

"What is the form of the worlds?"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2019, 04:13:27 am »

One Pyramid, One Dodecahedron, and one Icosahedron. No rounded edges on any of them.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 04:19:37 am »

"These false worlds of maybe are pleasing. The I that is not still sees they lack the spark of vitality and chaos that would be present in shark world with bones of metal, blood of magma pumping through veins of ice and skin and flesh of earth and stone. The every motion of the heavens predictable and orderly, sterile."

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 04:34:54 am »

"ether idea pleases me"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2019, 09:29:00 am »

Realm
From Balance. From Chaos. From Violence. From Creation. All things exist, all things in order.

Still not that fun though...

A million vistas bloom amidst gears yet to be and stars yet to appear, cycling above the lunar light. In the middle of this impossible place, a single hill with a tree atop it. Looking down upon the endless vistas, to the back of the gently sloping hill, a forest/wasteland/city. Only time will tell who comes here, and only time determines what passes in front of the hill. An eternity passes in an eye blink, but the beings yet to be will see what they see in that time one vista appears beyond all. How will this world develop, and this one. And how will they handle the end of ages.

And so Cirno acts. From her body that is and will be comes her blood, that of an eternal river.

Code: [Select]
Name: The Trigger
Origin/Element: Time
Class: Original Shard
Description: A ring decorated with an endless turning gear, turning upon itself with water flowing down between the gears the blue orichalcum band like the endless time, marching forward. Until it does not.

Qualities:
-Time Negation/Removal/Freezing
-Personal Movement allowed in this frozen time, all others are not unless allowed by Cirno Fate Trigger or hold the ring.
-Activated by Cirno Fate Trigger's will, or those she allows access to the ring.
-Can be in two places at once, one of which is always Cirno Fate Trigger's Possession.

Extra Notes:
Can permanently freeze Gods, rendering them less than nothing in her realm, just a part of faded history, gone in the present, only existing in their pasts.
Despite this, the frozen time only allows those able to move forward movement, you cannot harm or change those frozen in time. In order to do the above requires Gods on death's door. that doesn't mean you can't prepare attacks ahead of time though, or seem to teleport.
Range is universal, though you cannot freeze someone of a higher tier than you.
[s][i]Gives Nakeen a reason for hiatuses.[/i]
[/s]

Having done so, it seems in the next instant to other eyes a new star is born on the outer edges.

Code: [Select]
Name: Lunar Light
Origin: Time
Element: Control, Era
Type: Astral Body
Description: A Silver Light coming from an orbiting star, it ever circles the other star. In it's time it waxes and wanes,
with one of it's times coming close to the sun, and on the other end, it's farthest, for a given value given how far off it is. It's orbit is always off the line of orbit of other planets. When it passes close, it brings upheavel, it's gravity shaking the very presence and gravity, the seas and stone, upheavel of the previous age. And as it travels away, the new age begins. Though this takes a long time...(Every 11th cycle, The 6th cycle is it's farthest point, and past the 9th it's presence will begin to be known.)
Those who are in it's presence, it's sight, shall find in themselves control of will, to better overcome their base desires and work together. Though where this leads is unknown to most.(Typically half of every day)

Effects:
Upheaval of the Previous Age: As the Lunar Light wanes, so too does the end come for what has been built. The Planets face the gravity of what is to happen. Have the mortals built something which can withstand it? Or will it all crumble to dust.
Ages Pass: As the Lunar Light waxes, so too does the New Age to come begin. Can they build a society to survive the end of those ages though, remains the question.
Control of Impulse's Light: Those who are in it's lights reach, even if it is only a pinprick most of the time, shall find in themselves the ability to control their impulses. This leads to focus, and progress, in war with others, or peace.

Total cost for actions: -1 Ichor, -1 Essence, -10 Power.

"Speaking": "I observe, conflict or peace, all things pass. I await to see if these future mortals survive the Turning of the Age."
Thoughts: Though this is mostly for fun.. Seeing everything that will happen is so boring sometimes, and this should give those corrupted gods something else to bother.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16