Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99437 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day Two - Terminal Connection Loss
« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2019, 06:52:32 pm »

Oh, and someone re-compile the questions I got bombarded with plox
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2019, 06:54:44 pm »

Oh, and someone re-compile the questions I got bombarded with plox
Uhh

Do you not care enough about the game to at least read it, let alone ctrl-f your name through it?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 06, 2019, 07:06:58 pm »

I would control-f if I had a decent phone I was playing on, but as it is taking reading time takes up responding time, it's... Just a bad idea for me to play Mafia, let's be honest.

SUDDEN NO-PRESSURE ROLE REVEAL!
Shaken Oracle
Once per night, see the target of yourself.
Oddly useful, as it lets me know if I'm made to jump on anyone other than myself.
Last night's result was myself.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 06, 2019, 07:14:24 pm »

Hang on a minute, I have an attack on Hector.

We've clarified that (at least one) of his abilities is Kill Yourself, which is a Kill. That puts him in the running for being SK.

Someone mentioned "With SK that's 2 NK not just one..." Well wouldn't the SK want to get stab-happy? Unless, of course, their KILL ability is Kill Yourself...

Hector! Stand for your theoretical crimes!

Wait, what? When did we clarify that? You certainly made that claim, but when did we clarify that?

You're awfully certain about this supposed kill ability of his... why?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 06, 2019, 10:17:12 pm »

He came out and said his ability (at least one) is SelfKill, and I have a hunch. A really stupid hunch.

I tend to bunch up on hunches, then whiplash when I'm wrong.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 07, 2019, 08:21:55 am »

Ahh shit, I forgot to get to this last night.  I'll get a post up ASAP.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #291 on: May 07, 2019, 10:23:39 am »

IcyTea31:
Shakerag: You took a subtle, passive, sneaky approach to D1. Since you're experienced players, I presume this means you've made useful observations and refined them to useful reads?
I don't think I was being sneaky about anything.  I told you here what I was going to do on D1 and I believe I pretty much did that.  Would you disagree that my readlist here contains useful observations and/or reads?

An Inform ability was used on me.
Furthermore: I have no idea who I was informed about or who informed me, but based on the Inform actions I tended to roll in the generator, it's likely the informer doesn't know the information they gave me. Therefore I'll say this: whoever I was informed about is not an SK (but can be mafia). I also believe the informer is town, since if I was mafia, I'd have the informer perform the kill so that the other(s) with actually useful abilities could use them.
Or you and RGU are scum, and you're covering for each other.  Or you're not scum but RGU is, and they already thought of that idea.  Or RGU is scum and had the least worst ability.  Yay, WIFOM.

Nirur Torir:  So have you given up on your plans to try and attack a more experienced player?  I'm also curious as to what you thought a single vote on Leafsnail (with no follow up questioning or accusations) was going to accomplish exactly?

hector13
@Hector13: Did you get pegged with a Kill Yourself role, which is why you would prefer any other role?
Kit... I guess to cut to the end of this, yes, I am, well done.
Just to clarify, because Kit and his harping on the matter is annoying me, was this you actually confirming you having a "kill yourself" power or were you just being flippant to KitRougard?

Leafsnail:
So we have a tie on hector13 and Max Spin.  I'm reluctant to vote for hector13, but I would be ok with a Max Spin lynch.
There's some pretty next level fence sitting going on in these posts. The closest Shakerag gets to calling someone scum is Nirur Torir, who he describes as "Overall, very slightly scum, and someone I would want to keep an eye on in the future". His vote was already sitting on Maximum Spin, but the read was described as null. So was this supposed to be a policy lynch? Or was your "slight town lean" on hector13 enough that you wanted to keep him alive specifically? You can't describe this as a "tie-breaker" compromise vote because at the time of these posts your vote was causing a 3-3 tie with hector13.
I don't see what the problem is here.  I was sitting on a Max Spin vote for giggles (from much earlier in the day) and when it came down to the wire, there were two likely candidates for the lynch, hector13 and Max Spin.  As you quoted from my read list, I was leaning town on hector13 and leaning null/anti-town on Max Spin (I like how you left that last part off).  So, yeah, I wasn't going to move my vote off Max and let someone I felt had more value to the town get lynched.  Does that explain my motivations sufficiently? 

Additionally, in regards to you claiming I was fence sitting:  are you suggesting I should have had a very solid scumread on someone on D1?  You yourself said earlier in the game that "[d]ay one lynches have a very poor hitrate."

KitRougard:  So the only case you seem to have is a weak one on hector13 in which you're just taking the exact same thing you said on D1 and moving it to today.  Let's play devil's advocate and say hector13 is an SK.  That still leaves the scumteam.  So who else do you think is scum and why aren't you going after them as well?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Terminal Connection Loss
« Reply #292 on: May 07, 2019, 10:34:37 am »

Teasing through the convoluted action reports, including which dwarf bit which goblin by the elbow, and what the mason decided to engrave on a cat skull in a fit of madness, the players begin to find the clues of malfeasance that they're looking for...

- IcyTea31 - Tricmagic [1]
- randomgenericusername
- hector13 - IcyTea31, Leafsnail, SuperDorf, KitRougard [4]
- KitRougard
- SuperDorf
- TricMagic - Deus Asmoth [1]
- Nirur Torir
- Deus Asmoth - Nirur Torir [1]
- Shakerag
- Leafsnail

Day ends 7.45pm 9/6/19 BST or on majority lynch of 6.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 10:38:07 am by notquitethere »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 07, 2019, 10:37:28 am »

Okay, what the. What is with all of you guys piling on Hector13? And especially you Icytea, since you've never responded to my vote on you.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 07, 2019, 12:50:42 pm »

Okay, what the. What is with all of you guys piling on Hector13? And especially you Icytea, since you've never responded to my vote on you.

As I said-- it seems to me that a good deal rides on how this spat between IcyTea and Hector sorts out. I want to hear more from them, and Hector seems a good place to start.

Actually, I wanted to ask you-- you said earlier that Hector's being misrepresented by his enemies. How so?

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 07, 2019, 01:07:59 pm »

Mostly because IcyTea did ignore hector. Then at the beginning of today, Icytea said hector was ignoring what they were saying. A lot of posts were referred to.

What I wonder is why IcyTea even made a theoretical case against themselves in the first place, only to answer their own questions. I don't see a reason to do something like that unless you are ready to tear into someone else with a lot of evidence. A preemptive case makes the info gained differ, and hector's case likely would be different.

There is also the thing about Emotive arguments. Saying 'I won't be fooled' is nice and all, but it doesn't actual say anything. It's an Emotive argument in itself.(definition may vary here, if I'm using the definition wrong.)

Beyond that, why did Kit suddenly role-reveal? Your own innocence is apparently from a comment IcyTea made about you not being in a Chat. And hector has made a few points toward Leafblade.

Last,
For now, I'm fine with lynching Maximum Spin for wanting to practically surrender the game to scum.
A quickly written post with interesting wording. You don't think he's scum.
This makes a Vote 5/6 needed, but had the day ended. Why did he just jump on? Was it to appear sensible, since MaxSpin could jump on hector at the end of the day to tie the vote? He could have done the same by retracting his vote too.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 07, 2019, 02:15:32 pm »

I don't think I was being sneaky about anything. 
By 'sneaky' I mean that you held a low profile instead of trying to become a town leader. Avoiding the spotlight isn't scummy on its own, but it implies that a subtler strategy is in play.

Would you disagree that my readlist here contains useful observations and/or reads?
Not particularly useful to me in particular. Observations are mostly the same I had made, reads seem too gut-based to give information about anyone but you. That information on you is best left unsaid for now.

Okay, what the. What is with all of you guys piling on Hector13?
There's a saying: "Why me? = Fry me." with 'me' also applying to scumbuddies. You shouldn't have to ask this question since people generally post their cases near their votes. Read those posts, and if they don't add up, ask more specific questions about them.
And especially you Icytea, since you've never responded to my vote on you.
I believe I responded to it very comprehensively, at least as I parsed the question (that being, "who do you think we should lynch?"):
Going by the fact that Scum would usually be lynching someone, IcyTea, any thoughts on who?
hector13.
If this isn't the question you asked, could you reword it?

Mostly because IcyTea did ignore hector.
If this is the case, it was an honest mistake. Please point out to me what I missed.

What I wonder is why IcyTea even made a theoretical case against themselves in the first place, only to answer their own questions.
As I noted, to provoke him to build a more earnest case.

There is also the thing about Emotive arguments. Saying 'I won't be fooled' is nice and all, but it doesn't actual say anything.
It says why I, in particular, am voting for hector.

This makes a Vote 5/6 needed, but had the day ended. Why did he just jump on? Was it to appear sensible, since MaxSpin could jump on hector at the end of the day to tie the vote? He could have done the same by retracting his vote too.
Yes, to avoid a tie.

TricMagic: why are you buddying with hector?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 07, 2019, 02:20:03 pm »

It says why I, in particular, am voting for hector.
To be less vague: because his playstyle matches that of a scum player in a past game, that being a purposely misleading debate tactic that has no place in a townie mouth (barring a gambit different from the one he claims he was attempting).
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 07, 2019, 02:55:00 pm »

Tric
For 1, having the SK around with the Mafia would theoretically mean two kills rather than 1. The second is how he was playing, what he said. I felt like he was SK, or as I have said, town with a Kill ability. He just felt that way to me. Might of helped if he didn't keep up that type of dialogue right up to the end.
You've said this already. I asked you why you decided to choose the person you thought was a serial killer as your lynch target while doing nothing to confirm your suspicions of or put focus on the people you said you thought were scum in your read list.

What I wonder is why IcyTea even made a theoretical case against themselves in the first place, only to answer their own questions. I don't see a reason to do something like that unless you are ready to tear into someone else with a lot of evidence. A preemptive case makes the info gained differ, and hector's case likely would be different.
So do you agree or disagree with IcyTea's claim from the start of Day 1 that hector was asking him to build a case on himself?

Nirur:
I thought the example was self-evident by asking if it bothered you, and then using it: Being called scummy with little evidence annoys you, and, apparently, you alone.
Why is that, Scummy Asmoth? Are you scum?
I'm going to be honest here: I'm pretty sure that you're intentionally misinterpreting and misrepresenting what I'm saying at this stage, so this reply is more for anyone else who might be looking at this than it is for you. Regardless, let's get down to why your claims are incorrect.

This is the read list that I asked you about originally. It's important to note that you have me as a scum lean and not as a scummy D1 player, because that's a difference that's apparently important to you.

Your response to this was that your read list apparently pressured the people you felt weren't contributing despite them having no reason to be threatened by you thinking more than half the players in the game were scum.

In which I clarify my problem with you talking about D1 summy and actual scummy players after you apparently didn't get it the first time.

As I pointed out earlier, I was not one of the people that your were claiming was D1 scummy. So either you're conflating the people you claimed were scummy and the people you claimed were "D1 scummy"- aka exactly what I was pointing out by asking you about it- or you're just responding aggressively for no reason other than you felt like it.

I don't especially care that you think I'm scummy, but the fact that your case so far appears to be based on little other than confirmation bias is worth noting.

It annoys you enough that you ignored my question, here it is again for easy reference:
randomgenericusername, KitRougard, and Deus Asmoth: D1's lynch came down to Hector or Spin, and you three weren't here to vote for either. I'd like for each of you to say who you'd have preferred to have your vote on, or no lynch, and why.
It's good to see you going after someone now, at least. Would you have tried to lynch Tric yesterday, if you were here?
If Tric had responded the same way as he did today then yes.

Kit:
Hang on a minute, I have an attack on Hector.

We've clarified that (at least one) of his abilities is Kill Yourself, which is a Kill. That puts him in the running for being SK.

Someone mentioned "With SK that's 2 NK not just one..." Well wouldn't the SK want to get stab-happy? Unless, of course, their KILL ability is Kill Yourself...

Hector! Stand for your theoretical crimes!
If you can find the post where this was said I'd appreciate it, because I couldn't see hector confirming this anywhere. In fact he said earlier that he wasn't saying what his role was changed from or to. Otherwise, how is this a case on hector as opposed to anyone else?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #299 on: May 07, 2019, 02:58:25 pm »

Max Spin

Kit... I guess to cut to the end of this, yes, I am, well done.

I’m voting IcyTea for suspected rolefishing; why are you demanding very specific details of my role- engaging in actual rolefishing - and why are you expecting me to be honest about it?

Kit's referring to this post, I believe.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43