Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99423 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

We know there's at least one serial killer for a fact because NQT said there would be.
1. If there are at least 11 players, there will be at least one serial killer, guaranteed. The last game had 13 players with two serial killers and two scum team members. The exact numbers are deliberately unknown to the players (as there are census abilities which can give this information in play), but you can assume that the game will not be deliberately balanced too far towards any one team.
The lack of a second (or even third) kill doesn't say too much considering there's only a 1 in 4 chance of an SK having a traditional kill as opposed to a poison/infect/prime+ignite that wouldn't have shown up yet. See:
Code: [Select]
if a random chance of one in four succeeds:
now the alteration of harm is Kill;
otherwise if a random chance of one in three succeeds:
now the alteration of harm is Poison;
otherwise if a random chance of one in two succeeds:
now the alteration of harm is Infect;
otherwise:
now the alteration of harm is Prime/Ignite;
I guess you can't completely rule out 3 mafia members + SK but that's very scum-sided in a 12 player game. If there are 3 mafia members then we have to lynch correctly today or town's likely to be in the minority tomorrow, with very little chance of winning.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Morning all.  I've got a meeting in a few but should be able to get a post up before lunch.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Yeah, scratch that.  Meetings until noon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Somebody has married a snailman adventurer to a sentient sword in a blasphemous rite and now the whole fort is cursed. This doesn't make the atmosphere any less acrimonious.

- IcyTea31 - Tricmagic [1]
- randomgenericusername
- hector13 - IcyTea31, Leafsnail, KitRougard [3]
- KitRougard- SuperDorf [1]
- SuperDorf
- TricMagic - Deus Asmoth [1]
- Nirur Torir
- Deus Asmoth - Nirur Torir [1]
- Shakerag
- Leafsnail - hector13 [1]

Day ends 7.45pm 9/5/19 BST or on majority lynch of 6.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 05:20:55 pm by notquitethere »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, might help if some of the others would actually get voting..

Deus, why are you voting for me again?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Ugh, the clock ticks. I didn't do enough yesterday. Gotta make up for that somehow. Let's start with a proper response to KitRougard.

I reveal because I hope that fearlessly showing my role shows me to be town. In ToS this usually works, because Role is directly linked to Alignment. Not so here, but I still use it as a high card.
This... this isn't Town of Salem. You get that right? Revealing a mediocre role *does* clear you a little bit in my eyes-- for reasons I'll mention-- but it *also* makes it more likely that the mafia targets a powerful role during the nightgame. You're improving your image, but hurting town in the process.

I'm seeking SK instead of Mafia because I'm locked onto him. In ToS the only way you get someone is to stay on them day after day. So against SK I stand.
Again: this isn't Town of Salem. We have *time* here, a lot of it-- we can fit whole cases into a single day, if we have to. Keep chasing Hector, by all means, but if you think you have a mafia target then go for it, and put your vote behind that thing.

Who is scummy to me? I feel like Nirur's "so many scum" reads are intended to sow chaos in the town, get fingers pointing.
Good, a scumread. And you're pushing that, I see! Excellent!

I'd expect Mafia to have somewhat more powerful roles than the one you gave us, since they're so few, and your role rings with the precision of truth-- if you're lying, you're doing a very good job of it. You seem earnest, and I'm very slightly inclined to call you town, but you need to drop the ToS meta. It won't help you much here.

Nirur: You encouraged KitRougard to keep attacking you, but didn't really respond to his accusation-- why?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Next order of business: it occured to me at some point that I really don't like the way Hector lead me into a buddying accusation on IcyTea.

IcyTea31: Is "buddying" what you were trying to do there?

hector13: Why ask me about that as if it's a foregone conclusion?

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, unvote. I need to cast this thing somewhere else... dunno where yet. Gotta ask more questions.

TricMagic:
Deus, why are you voting for me again?
Why are you working so hard to protect yourself? First your vote/unvote on me, now this?

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I, at the moment, wonder why so much pressure isn't being applied. They are just tunneling the same target, but nothing other than WIFOM is being mined.

KitRougard, I wonder why you think a weak role reveal is enough to get you towncred. It's not, since such things are best saved till you can use them to confirm something. Even if it is weak, you should have used it once you knew someone manipulated you. In doing so, you could have put together everyone's' actions and picked out a lie.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm confused. Was that supposed to answer my question? If not, please do.
You're attacking someone, tho. That's good. Question to you: would you consider that role-reveal a noobtell or a scumtell?

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I didn't actually know his moves from last game..

It's probably a noobtell. That said, he could be a third party without anyone to tell him it's not a good move to do that.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright then. What are you hoping your vote will get him to do?

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dorf, be quite and let him respond, would you?

Next order of business: it occured to me at some point that I really don't like the way Hector lead me into a buddying accusation on IcyTea.

IcyTea31: Is "buddying" what you were trying to do there?

hector13: Why ask me about that as if it's a foregone conclusion?

IcyTea is where your town-confirm comes from. If IcyTea isn't town, you aren't confirmed to be either. Hence the buddying thing.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Don’t answer that question for me, man.

IcyTea is giving out advice in the middle of a game when his alignment is unknown, to an obvious town player. That’s free towncred because he’s appearing to be helpful with the town’s interest at heart, but it’s just how to play the game. It also makes him look active without actually doing anything, but that’s secondary. It also makes the obviously town player look on him more favourably, consciously or otherwise.

Dorf can be chatty if they want, they’re trying to figure things out for themselves, man. It’s not like it’s a phone line in which only one person at a time can be talking...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was kind of my point with answering that question. I'm not going to answer for Kit.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43