Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482355 times)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Pay day
« Reply #3270 on: February 22, 2021, 05:26:29 pm »

So I'm thinking about getting back into this. Have there been any major changes since my last character died?

How's the waitlist? It seems I showed interest right before a mission was about to start. Is it possible for me to make a character and join you guys or has the roster for this mission already been set in stone?
((We just finished the mission to capture the weird telepath man and are in the downtime so I think you're good to hop in.))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Gibulent
« Reply #3271 on: February 22, 2021, 07:08:22 pm »

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

Is this sheet good?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: February 22, 2021, 07:41:52 pm »

Stats check out. What is it with Bobs and Eds in this game? Ah well, generic faceless mooks get generic faceless names. I guess that's understandable.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: February 22, 2021, 07:50:08 pm »

((Too many Bobs, we need another David to cull them))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3274 on: February 22, 2021, 08:47:24 pm »

The caterpillar returns and, after about an hour of tests and people pointing guns at them constantly, the team is finally allowed to return to their barracks.

Bob will visit his snack dispensers friends in Experimental and hack up his thermonuclear device and his ego overrider, with the intent of getting a semi-autonomous thermonuclear cat, using the spiderbot tech and, or course, the 3d printing tech my characters are so fond of.

((to be clear, I am exchanging the thermonuclear device and ego overrider to create an implant controlled robot or cyborg kitten of a highly volatile nature. I am willing to be limited to only being able to act as the Saurian or the Cybercat on any given turn, or even requiring a full turn and stated action to switch between, even though there is no such stated restriction on the spiderbot. Alternatively, since I am throwing the ego overrider in there, use of implant skill to control the cat is fine. And it being semi-autonomous leaves room for GM shenanicats. Bob's gonna get his nuclear cat hat. He's GONNA!

costs:
thermonuclear device: ????
Ego Overrider: Christmas gift, valued at 1000 OMNI

Spiderbot: cost 600 Omni

Labor: Heck, it's Bob. He's a good test subject, who would charge him for labor?))

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
[1]
Bob leaves the nearest experimental lab that will deal with his...personality...minus 1 thermonuclear device, one ego overrider, and plus one spiderbot he can control with his brain. His brain isn't very big so he can only control one body at a time. Also, the spider bot isn't a cat. The people in experimental apparently got a bit sarcastic with this request and instead gave him a spider bot with a cheap catgirl ear headband glued to its "head" and a orange and black paint job. Someone has stenciled "Honk if you hate Mondays" on the bottom of its abdomen.

-Well first, might as well wave her new job title in front of the monkey's face to see how he reacts to it.
-The next most absolutely critical -thing to do is get that cognition copier reinstalled.
-Then see if SAM is willing to perform some aftercare and use that organosculpt-whatever to fix up her nerves and vocal cords. Bribe with a handpicked selection of experimental nootropics (one of each type) if necessary.
-finally, buy a hoverboard (-250 OMNI)

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
1. The "monkey" smiles in the way one might smile at a very stupid dog or small child performing a very unimpressive trick. He throws in a "Jolly good".
2. Done! Didn't even hurt! Probably. Anya doesn't really pineapple ham fungus. Probably ok.
3. WE WILL SEE.....
4. Done! Radical!

1) Neo Detroit sounds like a hoot!

2) Be sure to brief command on the group of survivors and gooped thralls so they can be extracted.

3) Question: originally we had agreed that Yagyu, instead of grabbing those bodyparts to make a body for him in sector R, was gonna collect them at the end of the mission on the return journey (see http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8114414#msg8114414). Now that our method of extraction was different than what we expected from the mission briefing, shall we say that plan simply doesn't go through, or what?

Regarding the loot of all the dead teammates I have, can I divide it as I see fit, or do you have some stipulations perhaps? Or would you prefer we just scrap all of it?  

4) How much would selling the following things net (in total): 1 broken/disabled claymore, radio jammer, 1 unit of useful metal bits, syringe with a bit of mystery fluid, full syringes with viruses, 2x earpiece of thrall, syringe with tranquilizer, ziptie, fungicide container, security robot brain (somewhat damaged)
5) How much would selling the pinpoint carbine net? (costs 1400 in the armory)
6) How much would selling the prototype gun + all 10 rounds net?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
1. Remember you said this.

2. Yagyu lets everyone know about the survivors and such in there. They inform him that they're methodically reclaiming the entire place and will get to them soon. For some reason the phrase "Reclaiming" has a nasty sound to it.

3.We can just assume Yagyu grabbed some and stuffed it into his infinite metal ass.

4. *Slot machine noise* 149 Omni

5. 809 Omni

6. 200 Omni.

"Neo-Detroit?! Aw darn, I wanted to go to Neo-Neo-Detroit, last I heard they're the first Hive City to have a mutant mayor! Sure its because he used his psych powers and army of Gene Warriors to conquer it but hey, props for diversity. Also, can I get the giblets of Larry and Richter Yakman? I kinda need the biomass to make my hot new beach bod."

Step 1: Sam will sell off everything that isn't the Organothingiemajig or medicine, this means all this garbage right here:

OMNITECH Green Jumpsuit
OMNITECH Generic Personal Sidearm (d4 ranged attack) x3 Magazines (d4 use die)
Emergency battery pack
Gasmask
OMNITECH Space Suit
OMNITECH Generic Knife
1 dose of painkillers

Hopefully, she's packing underwear underneath that jumpsuit, but it's not like she'll need it when she ascends. Then she'll buy a cognition copier and a size XLLLL swimsuit for the vacation.

Step 2: Sam will pay one of the Eds his 500 buckeroos, then ask where she can find a bathtub and sign the proper documentation for transhuman body horror experiments. Oh and heal Anya's vocal cords using her new flesh touch powers in return for the nootropics, maybe give her a third eye or something too as a bonus gift.

Step 3: Sam will put the Expandos and other organic garbage she got from Yaguy in the bathtub, melt them into an organic slurry using the Organothingie. And prepare for biological transcendence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1. Starting items cannot be sold! We got a ton of em! No one wants that garbage, thats why we gave it to you!
120 Omni for the other stuff.

2. Sam buys stuff for the beach episode thats totally coming up.

3. Sam sets up shop in the barracks showers after signing a standard "Fleshhorror" disclaimer. She gets the Organosculptor implant installed as well, its strange green glowing lens shining out from her right palm while unseen mechanics slither up her arm and into her chest and brain.  She tests it out...I mean graciously helps Anya restore her vocal cords. [5,4] She fixes Anya up...well she sounds a little weird but whatever, she can talk.  No extra eyeball though.

4. [4,10] She shines the strange light on the organic...stuff and it begins to melt like ice under a blowtorch. She isn't really sure how this works, but it seems to be responding to her desires. And though she doesn't quite get it to "Slurry", more like chili, it works pretty darn well.

I vote for the island.

Before I do anything, I’m going to sell the Executive Cafateria Giftcard, Toot’s shock control, Tranquilizer syringe, Germ suit, and the Large Zip-ties. And I’m going to pay off my loan.

-Edit- Also go test that giant gun we got way back.
Also, get the bat styled so that it looks like a magical girl want.

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
1. 78 Omni.  -400, debt paid. Shark pacified.
2. The experimental gun?
3. -50 Omni. Its now pink, sparkly, and has cartoonish little wings at the top. The wings are actually quite sharp and made of metal.

Radio: Gonna yoink the Medkit, 1 Isolation Suit, and the Psychokinetic Stimulant if'n that's acceptable.

EEEDD (the new D is for Determined) smiles at this gracious news. His first mission and already a vacation? What a gracious employer OMNITECH was!

"I wish for Neo-Detroit! The spines and souls of the downtrodden will be plentiful there, and I shall enjoy the time in such a notoriously friendly city."

EEEDD will attempt to buy a few things before we blast off to the next mission:
- Ceremonial Dagger (250)
- Cognition Copier (400)
- Magic 888-ball (10)
- Reactive Fabric Cape (400)
Spending a total of 1,060 OMNI.
Also get a 10 OMNI loan from our selachimorphic financial broker and use that to buy an Insurance Card (200).

Got other things to do as well, but that can be saved for the next downtime period (assuming we're being thrown into this mission right away).

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)

1. Assuming that adds up, done. 10 Omni loan. The shark actually looks a little sorry for you that no one would loan you 10 omni. Tough out there.  He'll still eat you.
2. *Checks watch* You don't have...oodles of time.

Vote for the island. Beach episode!

Also, request payment:

Message from OMNITECH accounting:
2150 Omni has been added to your account.
Note: Behind every great man is a robot spider pulling the strings.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

Is this sheet good?
Welcome aboard! There's no waitlist here! If I get tired of all your stupid faces I just make the game more deadly!

LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO NEO-DETROIT!

Got a bit of stuff to get together for the mission, and I'm gonna slam together a map and some services listings and such.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: February 22, 2021, 08:56:07 pm »

Well it's time. Sam will take off her old human clothes and dump her shitty non-organic weapons in the garbage and then begin her A S C E N C I O N.

Start off by increasing muscle density and skeletal strength, then increase height to 7 feet before adding two extra inches of thickness to the skin, and then modify it to have the same properties as that of the murder lizards from way back when. Then decrease the size of the gaps in the ribcage, scrap the reproductive and digestive systems, and use the matter gained from them to create redundant copies of vital organs, then make an extra adrenal gland. Create claws based on those of the lizards, sharpen teeth to be like those of a shark, add two extra rows to of them, add two extra eyes, and finally get some cool hair.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 06:35:43 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: February 22, 2021, 09:22:24 pm »

Thanks for accepting me. It seems like we already have a Bob though, so I'll change the nickname to Rob. Do we have a mission briefing yet?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: February 22, 2021, 09:52:51 pm »

Offer Wil 300 OMNI (the price of a mechslave) in exchange for him returning my Waifubot body. If he accepts, then I’ll pay to have the Waifubot exterior used to reskin my robobody so that I look like a waifu but have robobody stats.
Im also buying four more Piledriver magazines.

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 08:35:03 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3278 on: February 22, 2021, 10:11:04 pm »

"Anyone wanna play some cards to pass the time?"

Sell my disposable Spacesuit/Sensory deprivation suit hybrid. The disposable space suit was originally 100 omni for what it's worth.

Also sell my broken universal communicator. It was 150 omni. Only slightly smashed by a hammer.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #3279 on: February 22, 2021, 10:40:45 pm »

I'm Fuggin BITING the Experimental bros! I swear, I'm eating them! I'm shooting with my tail gun and biting with my face teeth.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3280 on: February 22, 2021, 11:40:43 pm »

I can speak again, finally.
well if we can still spend level-ups then:
Dex d6>d10
Guns d6>d10
next buy a Metalstorm pistol (500 Omni) and 16 mags (128 Omni). Mod the mags into 8 sets of jungle mags for rapid reloading, burning a toolkit charge if necessary. Also buy a Insurance card (200 Omni), an omnifun VR set (15 Omni), and two glowsticks [or two packs of glowsticks? it's not really clear. (10 Omni)] plus a nondescript balaclava, the cheapest booze one can get at the flesh bar, a cheap lighter and a pack of cigs.
 also stay away from Sam until it's relatively safe

EDIT: almost forgot the most important part
ey Yagyu, mind if I grab the spare riot suit for a project?
if Yagyu consents, burn another toolkit charge to convert the riot suit into something that Bob can comfortably wear without interfering with his mascot outfit while also still protecting his vitals, then see if I can refill my toolkit.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 01:02:15 pm by m1895 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3281 on: February 23, 2021, 04:04:21 am »

"Anybody wanna buy my stuff?"
I've got:
OMNITECH Motion sensor (the thing from Aliens) (25 Omni) sold to m1895
OMNITECH “Limited Omniscience” Sensor (400 Omni)
OMNITECH mechanical slave (300 Omni)
OMNITECH spiderbot (600 Omni)
How much could I get for selling the above, if no teammates want to buy them?
Also, any chance I could get some of the 100 Omni I spent on the TTS earplugs back if I sell them?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 12:11:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: February 23, 2021, 05:27:22 am »

4. *Slot machine noise* 149 Omni

5. 809 Omni

6. 200 Omni.

Allright, let's sell this crap then. + 1158 omni.

I think that gives me enough for an auditor body. Before I buy it though, is there a special installation procedure, like there was for the AoW? And could I maybe get a list of features and customization options?

((Will do division of dead people's crap later.))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 06:03:39 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: February 23, 2021, 07:22:28 am »

(Missed several updates because of internet being dead.)

Did a bunch of stuff in the mission and I want to get payed for it, also buy a cognition copier.

EDIT: Forgot to do the level up.
Knowledge to d8
Speed to d6
Guns to d8
Technology to d6

Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:24:56 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: February 23, 2021, 08:20:17 am »

Quote from: ADN
Radio: I just want the pieces and bits of them, not even the equipment, just their meaty chunks, oh and maybe the symbiote, Lizard talons and Lizard skin too
ADN gets: 5 Lizard talons, 5 feet of Lizard skin, all the biomass there was in that pile. Let's hold off on the symbiote at least till you're not liable to explode into meatmonsters after a bad roll.

Quote from: xan
Radio: Gonna yoink the Medkit, 1 Isolation Suit, and the Psychokinetic Stimulant if'n that's acceptable.
Xan gets this stuff.

Quote from: pan
Radio: I'll grab the second toolkit, One pack of containment pods and a null-rod
Pan gets this stuff.

Quote from: m18
Radio: I'll grab the Riot armor, 3 flares, and an Omni-light
+ey Yagyu, mind if I grab the spare riot suit for a project?

M18 gets his stuff, and the extra riot suit for our cuddly mascot.

Quote from: nav
Radio: I would like to fight over a tool kit and a null rod. I have previously looted an Expendaclone of its riot armour and flashlight. I would like to donate that riot armour into the loot pile.
Nav gets: null rod, tool kit (aggressively fighting over it with nobody), and his gracious donation was noted

Quote from: bob
Radio (and anyoneelse interested): Apply to Bob any items as you see fit. Just leave some headroom for his hat, and some neckroom for his cape. Also, apply with restraint: Bob gets bitey if he feels threatened.
Bob gets: Dead fish (half gone), uneaten single serve packet of pudding, a dwarf bobblehead

Stuff left:

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 334