AUTHOR WANTS VALIDATION; DO YOU LIKE ME Y/N

Y
- 8 (88.9%)
N
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: September 16, 2018, 11:40:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40

Author Topic: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!  (Read 24980 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!
« Reply #345 on: August 20, 2018, 09:59:13 pm »

D

Let them keep their secrets, if we can sell the magical trinkets to unwitting humans we can make mad gold!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 20, 2018, 10:02:59 pm »

D.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2018, 04:11:10 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 21, 2018, 04:28:27 am »

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:00:49 am by Basil ii »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 22, 2018, 04:46:17 am »

How old is golian?
You have recently turned 38, regarded as a young but fairly mature age for a dwarf, perhaps like the mid-20s of a human.

Quote from: roll
8*
[most modifiers are themselves die rolls]

Putting on your best 'innocuous' tone, you make some allusions just bordering on inquisitive to those forbidden secrets of runesmithing you've heard about. It would be an exaggeration to say that the atmosphere of the group instantly sours, but the reaction definitely feels guarded and awkward. Still, after some exchanged glances, Dael speaks up: "You had a fancy jarl education, didn't you? How much did they teach you about magic?"

A) Oh, lots!
B) Hardly anything at all (or at least I don't remember).

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 22, 2018, 04:58:45 am »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 22, 2018, 05:07:00 am »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 22, 2018, 08:10:17 am »

B let’s be honest with them I doubt that lying to them will help us in any shape or form.

[so do dwarves in this universe live up to 200 if so wouldn’t 100 be the equivalent to the mid 20 of a human?]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:26:05 am by Basil ii »

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 22, 2018, 09:17:04 am »

B
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 22, 2018, 09:47:21 am »

"Uh, that you can do neat tricks with it? I guess it wasn't really what you'd call a, um, pedagogical focus."

The dwarves in your immediate vicinity have at this point pretty much all picked up on the conversation and are staring at you more-or-less slack-jawed. On the bright side, you seem to have moved their attention from "protect secrets" to "teach the idiot".

"Well...", continues Dael, "...do you at least know the sources of magic?"
"You mean like artefacts, magic beasts, those wizard guys, that kind of thing?", you reply tentatively.
"Uh... No. There are three sources of all magic; the earth, the sky, and living things —"
"What about water?", someone interrupts.
"— and some say water is a fourth source, but if it is, we don't know how to use it. Those are the things into which the gods placed their power for us to find, and all artefacts draw from those sources. We take things from those places to provide the raw power, then we use rituals to bend that power to our will. Even the shape of an artefact is an important part of the ritual, and helps to define what it does. Take, ummm..." — Dael opens up a pack and looks through it, then asks Estfer for help before finally pulling out and showing you a small silver egg. "This'll do. Estfer gave me this as a present when we were courting, it's an old heirloom of her family. It looks solid, but the yolk is iron. It makes things more fertile; you can bury it in the ground to make crops grow, or put it where your livestock sleep, or, well, give it to your lover if you're hoping to have a lot of children..." (Dael is visibly reddening) "but the point is that the fact that it is an egg is why it does that, because eggs symbolise fertility. The material itself draws in the magic from all around it, but the shape gives it a purpose."

You smile blankly and try to look like you understand.

"Now, the silver in the egg itself holds magic naturally, and it's alloyed with some... stuff you don't need to know about. That provides magic from the earth. It... also has magic from living things, but magic from the sky is pretty hard to come by. Um, we get some from doing rituals in starlight or certain kinds of weather, but the only way I know about to get a lot of sky magic is from these bits of metal that fall from the sky in some places. But that's not really important, two sources are enough to make it work." For a few sentences now, Dael has had that look of running on conversational fumes, like he's not really sure where he's going with this train of thought, so it's probably a good idea to provide some feedback now. In fact, the next thing he says after giving you a somewhat beseeching look is: "Er, where was I going with this?"

A) So how would you get magic from water if you could?
B) What about the iron yolk, is there a reason for that?
C) Wait, where does the magic from living things come in? Is there something alive in there?
D) Did you say it takes magic from stuff around it? Is that thing draining my life force right now?!
E) Are there any side effects to all of this?
F) Can I get you to make me one of those eggs?
G) This is all way above my pay grade, let's talk about something else. (Choose a topic from the last set of options.)

Edit:
[so do dwarves in this universe live up to 200 if so wouldn’t 100 be the equivalent to the mid 20 of a human?]
Yes, but no. A dwarf's life isn't just a human's life scaled linearly; for example, while they're children for longer than humans are, they spend comparatively less of their overall lives as children than humans. A dwarf at 100 is considered a fully settled adult who ought already be married and raising kids. In fact, the fact that Queen Graszdat, who is around that age, doesn't have an heir yet is one of the many (many) reasons the Hehrcogese nobility dislike her.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:01:54 am by Maximum Spin »

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 22, 2018, 10:29:59 am »

B
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 22, 2018, 10:51:38 am »

C
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 22, 2018, 11:09:13 am »

We just need to know it is safe.  If it is then expanding artifact production would be a great idea.

E

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 22, 2018, 11:50:06 am »

E.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 22, 2018, 04:26:26 pm »

A
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40