AUTHOR WANTS VALIDATION; DO YOU LIKE ME Y/N

Y
- 8 (88.9%)
N
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: September 16, 2018, 11:40:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40

Author Topic: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!  (Read 24970 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!
« Reply #360 on: August 23, 2018, 08:42:13 am »

E
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2018, 05:17:24 pm »

"That's all very interesting, but are there any side effects to all of this magic?"

The question elicits some muttering from the surrounding runesmiths, but Dael just sighs slowly before saying: "Nothing that you need to worry about, your majesty. That's a part of our discipline we keep to ourselves and don't talk about openly with anyone, not even you. All of us have our own sacrifices we need to make for the good of dwarfkind."

He seems disinclined to speak further, and you begin to notice that the festival seems to be ending; dwarves file out through the hall's doorways to get drunker somewhere they can throw up without hitting something fancy.

A) Press him about the side effects.
B) Ask another runesmith privately about the side effects.
C) Make inquiries about purchasing an artefact.
D) Say your farewells and leave the festival.
E) Something else? You could bring any previous topic from this conversation back up.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 24, 2018, 06:26:49 pm »

B

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 24, 2018, 10:28:57 pm »

D.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2018, 02:06:32 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 25, 2018, 02:50:51 pm »

D.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 25, 2018, 04:25:25 pm »

B
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 26, 2018, 07:56:02 am »

You wait for the runesmith group starts to disperse, then buttonhole one of the less shifty-looking ones to inquire further about what those side effects are that Dael wouldn't tell you.

Quote from: roll
0!*

He looks... inadequately moved. "I knew that Fallfar was telling too much. He might be too drunk to see what you are, but I'm not. Kings just can't help themselves from poking around, huh? Keep your nose where it belongs and if you're lucky it'll stay attached to your face." He shoves past you brusquely and almost immediately falls into step with another outgoing runesmith, the two muttering darkly as only runesmiths can. Glances back toward you are stolen. In short order, you are left standing almost by yourself in the middle of the ceremonial hall; apart from a few stragglers too drunk to tell the difference, only the Fyiania priests who hosted the festival remain, already busily taking down and stowing the decor.

A) Well, time to pack it in.
B) I should compliment the priests on their fine party!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 26, 2018, 10:05:04 am »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 26, 2018, 10:17:25 am »

B
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 26, 2018, 04:56:45 pm »

B.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 27, 2018, 12:03:12 am »

Quote from: roll
You wander over to the priests and give them the traditional dwarven sign of good work and positive affirmation, a loosely closed fist with the thumb vertically extended. "Nice party, dudes. I bet Fyiania'll be getting some extra prayers tonight."

The priests variously nod and grunt in acknowledgement and pay you no further mind as they keep working.

Well then.

You stand around looking blank for several seconds until one priest with a box of hangings bustles past you and out the nearest door, which seems to trigger in you the impulse, finally, to turn and leave as well. As you return to your bedchamber, you reflect on what you learned and accomplished during the festival. That scene sure seemed to last a long time, didn't it?

Late Summer, 215

You receive two messengers today! Nedru wishes to tell you something about trade, while, at the same time, an official from Pareshtan, a deep fort some days' ride away, has just arrived and seeks an audience! Which will you speak to first?!

A) Domestic business before outside business!
B) Pareshtan? Sounds exotic, tell me about that!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 27, 2018, 12:05:30 am »

B, sure

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 27, 2018, 06:07:31 am »

B

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 27, 2018, 06:54:25 am »

The diplomat from Pareshtan is quickly ushered in, making several polite bows along the way which are rendered more amusing than formal by the fluttering and bobbing of the ostentatious feather in his cap. "Your royal majesty, it is my great pleasure to speak with you this fine day, after my long travels. But the things I would say to you must be delayed yet further, for I come empowered by my lord the Thegn* of Pareshtan to speak frankly on matters which may prove objectionable if they should reach the ears of Low Queen Graszdat. I am sure she carries no favour with you, but nevertheless I must insist that our conversation be carried out in complete privacy and under your solemn promise that what is said will not be shared elsewhere."

A) Agree entirely.
B) Offer the solemn promise, but not the privacy.
C) Offer the privacy, but not the solemn promise.
D) Refuse outright.
E) Refuse harder, with more violent ejection of this upstart!

*Whence, you might wonder, the twin meanings of 'thegn': both a social class of intermediate rank and the title of an official who manages perhaps extensive holdings under a King? The word descends from an ancient Dwarven word meaning 'heir' or 'attendant'; the social class originated from those individuals who were directly subsidiary to jarls, often acting as personal retainers, though now most manage their own affairs without immediate oversight, while the bureaucratic official ostensibly fills the same role as the immediate representative of a King. The use of the word in the latter case is something of a local affectation; essentially the same position is called in other regions by terms such as "grief", "bisier", or "stedwerd".
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40