Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 44451 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2017, 04:12:51 pm »

I like how you can ghost ships using slipstream, just because you move too fast for anyone to "witness" you. A blur just ran up to you and grabbed your key, but who knows what it was?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2017, 04:24:55 pm »

I wish I hadn't retired anything early on, the medium range rechargeable items I thought were so cool are now vendor trash.
Also? Did anyone else realize that you can subvert doors? Self-Charging subverter makes cloners redundant.

Best Things:
Take the Foundry Brick, zero in your target, bash through the room beside it, and scoop it up while everybody wonders what the hell they just hit.

Take the foundry brick and snap the narrow section joining the body to the engines of most foundry ships.

Take the foundry brick and cut glitcher vessels into discrete sections only one of which has a pilot.

Shoot the fuel barrels, disable the ship, watch half the crew get sucked out through the breach in the hull.

Rechargeable subverter on a ship full of shielded enemies. Sneak around for a while and after you subvert the last one take a leisurely stroll through the ship, waving to people as they accidentally shoot themselves in the face.

High capacity Glitch Trap, narrow corridor, melee enemies. Idly fire a gun and watch everyone teleport outside the ship in their rush to beat you to death.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2017, 04:29:06 pm »

Don't forget making dudes shoot themselves with the swapper. Or double swapping, popping a dude with an explosive vest out of the room, then dumping him back in as soon as his buddies open fire.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2017, 06:29:56 pm »

You can shot a guy with Armor in the face 7 times in less then 0,5 of a sec, glitch-trap-him out into space, swap with him, swap back, re-space him with the same glitch trap, switch back and leave - and he won't even have witnessed you, nothing crazy going on here, guys.

I think we get "nothing special" a lot since its the only melee weapon around?

The shop seems to adjust to what you have, i.e. it avoids giving you a "restockable Breach laucher" if you already have one, I never manged to get more then two on one guy.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2017, 06:41:37 pm »

Sexcalibur is an ap longsword that should be popping up for some people. Since it is a higher quality weapon, maybe it's showing up less?

I'll test this out later by picking another basic sword to frustrate everyone with.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2017, 06:51:02 pm »

Apparently, passed on items randomly replace the name of any given item when it spawns, so obviously rarer items show up far less often. So if you pass along a super special awesome cool silenced armor piercing autosupershotgun it's only gonna show up at a chance when the game actually spawns a silenced armor piercing autosupershotgun in a crate.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2017, 09:52:57 pm »

The best way to deal with guards is always going to be going around them with them never even seeing you. Unless it's a hijack, in which case it's time to bring out the armor piercing blades. :P

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2017, 03:42:04 am »

Armour piercing concussion guns are rechargeable instead of needing AP ammo, and mean you won't need to space someone if you want to capture them (or if they have armour and an explosive vest, that was a fun ship to deal with).

I've just had the endgame conversation, and have retired some fun items if anyone wants to add me.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2017, 04:43:58 am »

What should I retire for this guy?

Its all self-charging.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

____

Slipstreams Orange tint stacks, but the effect does not stack. A understandable choice, as SlipStream1s duration would be increased 10x by Slipstream2, 100x by Slipstream3 and so on, leaving you in a deeper mess then inception.

But: you can mess with cooldowns a bit, using a visitor and a slip stream for example allows you to use the same visitor more then once.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:44:45 am by ThtblovesDF »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2017, 07:03:07 am »

Anyone know what happens when you retire with a pre-retired item? Does it list everyone who owned it, the latest owner, or just the original? Is an "heirloom" item a thing we can do? That'd be neat.

Also, just found out if you abort the theft missions when you steal the item you get to keep it. I've tried a couple but didn't note their effects, especially since the second time it was a single-use item and I insta-failed the mission. Knowing I can keep them though, I might keep a character around just to collect the prototypes.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2017, 03:32:00 pm »

So I got fairly decent at the game and moved up from my dual wrench strategy.

I also ran into this weird bug where you can smash armored enemies through walls and they have no idea what happens; yet the game still acts as if they're inside even when you smash them out of the ship.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2017, 04:01:57 pm »

Has anyone looted a concussion hammer? I've only seen them in the stores.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2017, 04:20:47 pm »

I tend to get, uh, I think it's Coget's Hope a lot. Other than that, I don't really recall finding Concussion Hammers in crates.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 29, 2017, 04:48:27 pm »

I've found a few on characters where I'd already bought one. :P Not bad for selling.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2017, 05:20:22 pm »

So I got fairly decent at the game and moved up from my dual wrench strategy.

I also ran into this weird bug where you can smash armored enemies through walls and they have no idea what happens; yet the game still acts as if they're inside even when you smash them out of the ship.

Concussion hammers are hands-down the most entertaining melee weapons. It's nonlethal and there's no AP version, but instead you get to combine the range of a longsword with the firerate of a short sword and get a gigantic amount of knockback.

Has anyone looted a concussion hammer? I've only seen them in the stores.

I've found them from looting a few times.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23