Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 44433 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2017, 08:04:34 am »

Normal flight means you need to stop at some point, i.e. break before that and only speed up 50% of the way.

When you aim to ram, you have no breaks, no reasonable savty speed limit and all that.

If you really want to have a reason for the short timer, look for it here.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2017, 06:30:11 pm »

Wait this is made by the same guys as Gunpoint? Already sold, will be picking it up sometime in the next week.

Also, was that just an honest trailer? That's... Rare.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2017, 07:45:30 pm »

The game showed me that I'm very poor at preparing for personal mission but that I'm really lucky resourceful.

One mission was an assissanation against a Glitcher officer in a ship full of shielded enemies and sentries. I had only 6 charges of crashbeam for that mission plus a silent shotgun as my main weapon, I also bought a Brick pod in case the target was on the side of the ship. In the first room, I critically failed a spot check and tried to gun down a shield guard. He returned fire with his shotgun and throwed me back into space. Back in the pod, I knew that the officer stayed along the hull on the other side of the ship so I aimed the Brick there. I missed the target, but ended up hitting the 1 room-wide corridor linking the cockpit and the thrusters turning the alarm off. I docked at the severed part where my target was and while I was planning my infiltration, the wreck flew by an allied station that fired a missile at the room where my target was. Dead is dead. Mission Accomplished! Let's retire.

Another one was another assassination against armoured Foundrymen. I had three grenade launchers and a key cloner. I fumbled with the grenades and end up with all the guard of three guard posts waiting for me at the docking bay. Since the ship was flying near a liberated station I go back to buy a AP silenced rifle and another AP gun for the ammo. Back to the ship, I realised that there was no way for me to go through the guards. There was a locked dock on the back of the ship left without guard because of the commotion I made earlier. So I clone a key, docked at the other entrance and passed the guards. Short on time, I was able to get into position to launch a grenade at the pilot. The explosion attracted more guard and opened a way for me to get to the target. After dealing with light resistance and dodging a trio of turrets, I got to the zone where my target patrolled. I waited patiently in a windowed room until my target appeared. Then I shot the glass and accompagnied him in space just so I could watch him suffocate. 

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2017, 07:51:45 pm »

Had 16$ sitting around for Steam, damn is it fun. Already put in an hour, managed to finish a hard assassination job by hijacking a nearby ship and just shooting the thing until the guy was flying around. Easy money! Also have been really lucky with the boxes, I have: a Self recharging extreme range visitor, rechargeable long range key cloner, high capacity sidewinder, rechargeable high capacity slipstream, rechargeable high capacity stealth shield, and a swapper, plus some lesser versions of all those in my stock. Going to go off to do my first personal mission soon.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 04, 2017, 02:40:55 pm »

Noooo my first guy died... RIP, his gadgets were kickass. He had a self recharging visitor, self recharging slipstream, high capacity rechargeable slipstream, extreme range rechargeable swapper, silenced armor piercing gun, and a quiet armor piercing concussive shotgun. Also some stealth and other things I never used, teleporting around shooting people worked for quite a while, even finished the first personal mission without too much trouble.

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2017, 02:39:14 pm »

Wait this is made by the same guys as Gunpoint? Already sold, will be picking it up sometime in the next week.

Also, was that just an honest trailer? That's... Rare.

Guy, to be precise. Tom Francis. He has a youtube channel where he's posted dev diaries for quite some time (as well as other stuff, like a comprehensive tutorial on how to make a game in GameMaker, the software he used for Gunpoint).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2017, 03:35:24 pm »

Uh, Tom isn't the only guy who made this, and he's far from the only guy who worked on gunpoint. There's a lot of overlap between the two, same artist and composer.

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2017, 04:01:28 pm »

Uh, Tom isn't the only guy who made this, and he's far from the only guy who worked on gunpoint. There's a lot of overlap between the two, same artist and composer.

He's the one who has made the games. He commissioned art and music. Had minor help with coding in Heat Signature from one other guy, and the game design and mechanics are the bulk of what Heat Signature (and Gunpoint) has to offer. They are what took 3,5 years to complete. Feel free to disagree, but saying Francis was "far from the only guy who worked on Gunpoint" when he made the entire game himself and then commissioned a few people to improve the art and the music is a spin as far as I'm concerned.

But it's correct that Heat Signature is not a true one man project given that three other people helped with aspects of the game. It is, however, very much a Tom Francis game. That's what I meant with my comment. Sorry for being unclear.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 06, 2017, 05:07:51 am »

Wait this is made by the same guys as Gunpoint?
Tom Francis.
There's a lot of overlap between the two, same artist and composer.
Heat Signature <...> is, however, very much [their] game
I feel like you're all in agreement about it being the same core developer(s) and are now just arguing over unnecessary detail. :-\
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 06, 2017, 09:20:00 am »

Are John Roberts and John Halpart unessesary details when talking about who made the game? They're both amazing artists who define a lot of what the game is like.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 06, 2017, 04:50:18 pm »

Just learned the swapper can be used on unconcious guards... This opens up a lot of potential. Self charging extreme range swapper, you are now better than my self charging visitor. Though I could use them together, visitor in, bonk a guy over the head, drag him to a wall, swap with him, and keep going... I don't care if I'm making 4% liberation per job, this is fun! Plus just add in some audacious jobs and you get a good amount of liberation.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 06, 2017, 05:06:30 pm »

Don't forget you can actually use it on the pilot if there's some other reason you can't hurt them directly, makes timed missions with armor or shields a lot easier.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 06, 2017, 05:09:22 pm »

Might just be because of the thread title, but lately I can't run any sort of large mission (especially the personal missions) without playing Roller Mobster in my head.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 06, 2017, 05:37:33 pm »

This stupid first personal mission is getting ridiculous, I've beaten much harder audacious missions, and it's killed three of my guys with great kits... I actually had him again, was walking by a window and a stupid shotgun shell juuuuuuuust missed me and my emergency shield, hit the glass and launched us both into space, I was about .1 seconds from catching myself and the target but we both died...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2017, 03:26:27 am »

I'm gonna let some good guys get captured, so they are some prices in the pool - afterall it is functionally identical to retire-ing and you can get all 3-5 self-charging items, not just one.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23